1. Wee Hunk's rating of the film The Last Five Years

Starts off with a great song, and then descends into every cliche in the book about musicals. Kendrick is compelling, but the story is not.

2. Rachel Tyler's rating of the film The Last Five Years

3. Teresa Silva's rating of the film The Last Five Years

Made Carolann a cute baby sweater / Thinking 'I can do better than that!'

4. SlinkyLi's rating of the film The Last Five Years

Nice songs and sharply picturesque, but unexceptional in plot, wit, or characterization

5. courtneylesueur's rating of the film The Last Five Years

I've adored this score and story and have wanted to see this since high school, so finally seeing it was a real delight for me. Raw emotion. Honestly, pretty impressed.

6. Kyra W's rating of the film The Last Five Years

I'm a huge fan of the stage musical so a good chunk of my enjoyment came from finally getting to share this musical with people who don't want to spend a ton of money on tickets to the show. It definitely wasn't perfect, with the middle being a kind of muddled mess, but Anna and Jeremy are such delights (even though whoa Jer, overacting much?), and it could have been so much worse. A solid adaption.

7. Nikki Barnhart's rating of the film The Last Five Years

I was so excited when I finally saw this on Netflix today, and I wasn't disappointed. It's tragic but beautiful, and anyone who's been in a relationship can feel every emotion in this musical.

8. Scott Lucas's rating of the film The Last Five Years

The songs suck, but that hardly seems to matter whenever Anna Kendrick is around.

9. Ali Ercivan's rating of the film The Last Five Years

Les Parapluies de Cherbourg it is not.

10. msmichel's rating of the film The Last Five Years

There's a certain charm to the adaptation of the Jason Robert Brown (Parade) play that compensates for any shortcomings. The song score is quite good and the theatricality of the settings seem to work to the film's advantage as well. But credit due rests on the shoulders of Anna Kendrick who nails this part whole heartily. The same cannot be said for male lead Jeremy Jordan who wears out his welcome pretty quick.

11. nein's rating of the film The Last Five Years

I thought it'd be impossible to get TL5Y on screen but it happened. And it worked well. JRB's music is not likeable for everyone but I was totally taken by it. One of the best musicals from recent years.

12. Pierre's rating of the film The Last Five Years

The zig-zagging timeline may sound dissonant in practise, but Jason Robert Brown's score is far from so. TL5Y contains a spoil of porcelain ballads & jazzy show numbers that blend narrative w/ contemporary pop in effortless ways. There are musical phrases that immediately hook, others ebb & weave through the work like residual memories peering in from the periphery, reminding you of the highs & lows of what once was.

13. Nabila Cyrilla Imani's rating of the film The Last Five Years

The movie actually did justice to the musical but in a whole new dimension