1. spasmolytic's rating of the film The Last House on the Left

This affected me almost as bad as Irreversible if not worse. But Irreversible succeeded because it wasn't aping horror genre conventions. This one does and all it's heavy material is trivialized as a result. Stick to Bergman's Virgin Spring and steer clear of all houses on the left.

2. Dan Kenneth Gigernes's rating of the film The Last House on the Left

With better photography and budget this remake is too glossy for it's dirty subject matter as if someone tried to make it more accessible doing the rape "sexy" instead of dirty, gritty and disgusting. Most laughable is it when the parents don't care when their daughter arrive with a gunshot wound but falls totally apart emotionally when they discover she was raped - okay if she is dying but not if she's raped?

3. Amandio Filipe Moura's rating of the film The Last House on the Left

4. sebekk's rating of the film The Last House on the Left

''What are the odds, man?*

5. Ligia Prodan's rating of the film The Last House on the Left

Disturbing. Very disturbing.

6. Velvet Kitsune's rating of the film The Last House on the Left

7. eariadne's rating of the film The Last House on the Left

the rape gang reminded me of the group of bad vampires in the first twilight movie... maybe because it looked like they all got their outfits at hop topic.

8. abyantama's rating of the film The Last House on the Left

9. laurwaur's rating of the film The Last House on the Left

objectively it's terrible, personally i love it.

10. RoRoRoro's rating of the film The Last House on the Left

11. André Vieira's rating of the film The Last House on the Left

12. JackButcher's rating of the film The Last House on the Left

Violent Remake, lot's of red stuff

13. Nick Schwab's rating of the film The Last House on the Left

The '72 version benefited from its amateur nature as its grittiness made it therapeutic for the Vietnam-era. This remake is a Hollywood product; shown in the photography's corporate sheen and safety nets reminding you that it's only a movie. It lacks the naturalistic quality in the dialogue/acting, too. It may fix the contrivances in the plot and is always dead-serious, but unlike the original, it's not affective.

14. Bambarambambam's rating of the film The Last House on the Left

15. Jeremy Ashlyn's rating of the film The Last House on the Left

Funny Games Pre-Sequel The Remake

16. Mike Plaid's rating of the film The Last House on the Left

So, why did this film need to be remade? Didn't Cunningham make enough money will all those bullshit friday the 13th squeals?

17. Junda Mane's rating of the film The Last House on the Left

An impressive remake with the blessings of Craven himself, mad underrated.

18. Ethan's rating of the film The Last House on the Left

This remake was far superior to Craven's original film, almost capturing the Bergman did so well in The Virgin Spring, this film really shows the cruel things people will do when left with no other options.

19. João R's rating of the film The Last House on the Left

For me, The Last House On The Left is one of the best remakes that I have seen in many years. While it was beautifully filmed, it brought you feelings of repulsion and fear, revealing human cruelty. You'll desire revenge.

20. Zach Closs's rating of the film The Last House on the Left

Terrific performances all over the place, but Monica Potter was the highlight of this movie for me. Seeing a shocked, grief-stricken mother take revenge with those glazed-over eyes, her body seemingly moving on its own, was really, really stirring. Loved the ending too, with such cold brutality contrasted with serene, beautiful shots of the woods in morning light.

21. Daniel S.'s rating of the film The Last House on the Left

Above average slasher movie. Well photographed with convincing actors. What I didn't like at all, it's the point of view of the director which is borderline voyeuristic in the rape scene and in the way he films Mari and Paige. Already forgotten.

22. Palmat's rating of the film The Last House on the Left

23. gloryofistanbul's rating of the film The Last House on the Left

Brutal and far more effective than the original

24. filmfreak1992's rating of the film The Last House on the Left

I never watched the original, so I can't compare this movie. But I've seen practically all recent horror movie remakes and this is, without a doubt, one of the better ones. Good acting performances and a good story. The movie never gets boring, which is a good thing. I'm curious to see how much better the original is. 4/5