1. Jason's rating of the film The Last House on the Left

Down to brass tacks: we're aware that this is pretty puerile stuff; that's its selling point. But LAST HOUSE remains a stand-alone kind of sick. Its stark disjointedness of tone and tendency to jocularity keep the viewer in a state of unaccustomed imbalance. And it digs neural grooves. You don't forget it. There's a deep nihilist pleasure here. The movie genuinely seems to be against life. This the Age of Aquarius?

2. Paul Mallinson's rating of the film The Last House on the Left

Somewhat dated, but still extremely powerful and stirring.

3. Matt Reddick's rating of the film The Last House on the Left

The film that Herschell Gordon Lewis dreamed of making.

4. ceknklsn's rating of the film The Last House on the Left

5. Wee Hunk's rating of the film The Last House on the Left

Like 'Easy Rider' this film spawned quite a few imitators, of which I've seen a few. It's source is the 'The Virgin Spring', but it has none of it's magic.

6. lostlevel's rating of the film The Last House on the Left

Sort of terrible but kinda funny.

7. RoRoRoro's rating of the film The Last House on the Left

8. Nick Schwab's rating of the film The Last House on the Left

Despite its plot contrivances and swings into buffoon-comedy, few films show terror as grim and affective. Methodical in its run time, a gritty, docu-drama approach, and ending without a traditional epilogue, this is horror as a reaction: throwing the viewer into disarray. It's so resoundingly haunting, disturbing, and powerful when it's in horror mode that you soon realize the dumb humor actually lets you breathe.

9. Dogukan4Ever's rating of the film The Last House on the Left

1972, dir. WES CRAVEN - 5/10 (USA)

10. ADZERTY's rating of the film The Last House on the Left

Un film à la violence baroque sur le thème sempiternel de la vengeance privée : oeil pour oeil dent pour dent. L'originalité vient de la gaieté presque naïve de la mise en scène et de la maladresse sans doute délibérée du montage et de la direction. Le résultat me paraît mitigé cependant parce que le propos est ambigu et peut-être tout simplement simpliste.

11. Max Seqgar's rating of the film The Last House on the Left

What is truly horrofying is the new streaming app in Mubi... MUBI PLEASE NOTE, IT DOESN'T BUFFER!!! ARRGH!!!

12. Soizic Izzi's rating of the film The Last House on the Left

C'est censé être drôle ? Terrifiant ? Angoissant ? C'est surtout de la m...

13. Franck's rating of the film The Last House on the Left

Too bad video quality. Was it from a VHS?

14. the.deft.one's rating of the film The Last House on the Left

Beneath the surface of low-production values that come with Craven’s first feature is a slasher that feels familiar yet refuses to allow you to settle. Constantly flitting between depictions of grave horror and light comedic moments and a score that refuses to reflect the scenes it supports, begs the question whether Last House on the Left is an early masterstroke within the genre that Craven would...

15. Maudy Puteri Agusdina's rating of the film The Last House on the Left

That was really really bad acting and poor directing it would make I Spit On Your Grave looked like an Oscar movie. But that was 70s and it was campy low budget film and i heard some provocative scenes has been edited.

16. Log Lady's rating of the film The Last House on the Left

I'm all for campy humour, but there's an awkward disconnection here between gruesomeness and comic relief. An unbalanced affair whose classic status I cannot for the life of me understand. There are a couple of quiet and arresting moments that are noteworthy, and I liked that the tension comes from something else than gore. Disturbing and disconcerting? Yes, but as a film somewhat forgettable.

17. Rattzz Matanzano's rating of the film The Last House on the Left

The first half is very artistic, and the second half, too undersold...... Still, this is a mostly beautiful picture.

18. Yashar's rating of the film The Last House on the Left

One of best movie of 70 to show violence after vietnam war

19. MarcH's rating of the film The Last House on the Left

If you can make it through the second half without falling asleep, I take my hat off to you.

20. Крокодил Гена's rating of the film The Last House on the Left

I've never seen this version. I need to watch it soon.

21. Banes's rating of the film The Last House on the Left

The most embarrassing debut I've seen so far. If shit could shit, it would look like this.

22. Harry Rossi's rating of the film The Last House on the Left

Interesting exploitation. Some good characters and scenes. However the music choices in this film really really threw me off. Scenes and moments that could have been creepy seemed kinda ruined (and honestly felt dated). I'm not one to normally complain about stuff like this but it was very glaring to me. I did like the transition from upstanding family to absurd murderers. Overall I thought it was ok.

23. Frankly, Mr. Shankly's rating of the film The Last House on the Left