1. Bonnet Michel's rating of the film The Last Laugh

2. natalieb's rating of the film The Last Laugh

it is clear that my rating reflects the very fact that i am watching this in 2017… i mean the caricatural play of the actors largely bothered me, they go for it like, they really really go for it. but hey, that was 1924 so.

3. Jdsarmientoburgos's rating of the film The Last Laugh

A bit simple in story for my liking, with a typical happy ending. But the insane cinematography, performances, and heart make it a standout film.

4. FISCHER's rating of the film The Last Laugh

Inoubliable et magnifique oeuvre intemporelle et profondément humaine, transfigurée par une époustouflante interprétation du grand Emil Jannings, mettant en lumière et en dérision la proverbiale sentence que "l'habit fait bien le moine". On pourrait juste déplorer l'invraisemblable happy end du film, imposé par le producteur qui fera de notre triste hère l'héritier d'un richissime millionnaire. www.cinefiches.com

5. le Gars's rating of the film The Last Laugh

6. Mert Kaya's rating of the film The Last Laugh

I loved this movie with my whole heart. from beginning till the end.

7. Arf's rating of the film The Last Laugh

8. bagno's rating of the film The Last Laugh

dovrei dargli 5 ma non voglio

9. Fabio Osvaldo Carta's rating of the film The Last Laugh

10. EdieEmm's rating of the film The Last Laugh

Extraordinary cinema. The stills alone are more expressive than most films are today. Jannings plays his character to the edge, but is perfectly balanced by Murnau's fine-tuned vision, and Freund's cinematographic grace. Devastating (enough that the silly ending got guilty pleasure points) for its relatability; plenty of ways, post-authority-fetish, for society to sell us our self-worth. 4.5

11. Kamran's rating of the film The Last Laugh

An early melodrama with questionable values and final segment but evocative subjective-expressionistic tendencies. 80/100 - Great.

12. Hockley Cinema's rating of the film The Last Laugh

Murnau's parable delightfully shows that "it's not WHAT we are but WHO we are that counts". Lovingly restored and more innovative than one would think. Apparently this was the first ever film (??) to utilize the 'subjective camera', wherein we were able to see events through a character's eyes.

13. Stefan Drees's rating of the film The Last Laugh

In spite of the affixed happy ending with its comedy-like moments the film is a stunning social drama with great camera work. Detlev Glanert did a great job in reconstructing and completing Giuseppe Becce's music.

14. rian's rating of the film The Last Laugh

some people probably angry with the deus ex machina ending, but i like it, to show the possibility of what cinema can achieve. the 'authorship consciousness' even before the theory of auteur or camera-stylo existed.

15. Samuel Andrade's rating of the film The Last Laugh

16. Andrew Miller's rating of the film The Last Laugh

The first thing I ever saw in a film class. Everything changed.

17. SpacePirate's rating of the film The Last Laugh

Great acting, great story. Will leave you feeling like utter shit, until the tacked on happy ending that is...4.5 stars

18. RoRoRoro's rating of the film The Last Laugh

19. Dignan's rating of the film The Last Laugh

Entfesselte kamera begins.

20. Muraki's rating of the film The Last Laugh

my favorite silent European film

21. Bram Vroonland's rating of the film The Last Laugh

Great shots, lighting, effects and very easy to watch for a film of the twenties. Murnau was a genius and it's sad he didn't live long enough to cement his legacy. The ending I don't really like though...

22. Mahda Purmahdi's rating of the film The Last Laugh

The "too good to be true" happy end makes it an even more fantastic film.

23. paxy's rating of the film The Last Laugh

24. Stevie's rating of the film The Last Laugh

Still genius despite the ending not being the one that Murnau originally intended. Jannings' fall from grace is portrayed excellently.