1. jenstor's rating of the film The Last Man on Earth

3.5/5 wow but also not wow

2. En Sangers Bøn's rating of the film The Last Man on Earth

Pretty interesting one with a catchy atmosphere. As for "Carnival of souls" it prefigures in a way "Night of the living dead" from G. Romero.

3. msmichel's rating of the film The Last Man on Earth

Classic horror film represented the first adaptation of Richard Matheson's 'I Am Legend' and within its budgetary limitations might still be the best one. Vincent Price is well cast as a scientist believing he is the last man on earth striving to dispatch his vampire adversaries in daylight hours while haunted by the loss of his own family. Nowhere near as dated as the seventies take on the tale; 'The Omega Man'.

4. Ginarley's rating of the film The Last Man on Earth

By far the best telling of this story in film. The two later attempts (Omega Man and I Am Legend) failed to capture the most interesting part of the story - of a person who thinks of himself as the last bastion of good but is seen by others as the opposite. Price does a good job of conveying the character and the understated environment sets just the right tone.

5. Luca Soldati's rating of the film The Last Man on Earth

Bell'adattamento, che riesce a creare una bella atmosfera e a far passare abbastanza bene la morale del libro, anche se con qualche differenza. La regia e la messa in scena sono molto buone, con delle sequenze ben strutturate, come il lungo flashback. La voce narrante è ben sfruttata, ma un po' troppo presente all'inizio. Gli attori sono in parte e riescono a coinvolgere. Geniale il ribaltamento dei ruoli nel finale.

6. Joel's rating of the film The Last Man on Earth

Despite it's frustrating conclusion the setting and feel of this film won me over. I've been on a spell of apocalyptic films and so many rely on cheap jumps and action scenes. This film scares with its calm reverence for its subjects and the images linger.

7. L'immoralistee's rating of the film The Last Man on Earth

8. El Biffo's rating of the film The Last Man on Earth

This film is sorta cool, but what I don't understand what is up with the wooden stakes and garlic if they are zombies, not vampires. They don't drink blood, and they act all dopey and move around slowly and have dark circles around their eyes like zombies. So what is up with the garlic and wooden stakes and he says he is immune to them because he was bitten by a bat. So are they zombies or vampires or what?

9. AKFilmFan's rating of the film The Last Man on Earth

The dubbing, pacing, and acting (except Price's desensitized performance) are all major faults but this b-picture is a bleak and campy film that has an odd mix of cheese-factor and despair.

10. Mark's rating of the film The Last Man on Earth

11. Trickstian Shantih's rating of the film The Last Man on Earth

Priceless mob-garlic-cocktail with upper-middle-class pseudoscience and community mobilization zombies. John Cheever pulp-like hokeyness for the post-epidermic new race of crusty vampires. Gulp.

12. ℛℰℬℰ.'s rating of the film The Last Man on Earth

i had a mood, maybe.. but this was abysmally depressing...

13. Count Dorkula's rating of the film The Last Man on Earth

My favorite Vincent Price film.

14. Vlad's rating of the film The Last Man on Earth

Pretty bad and not in an entertaining way either.

15. Joe Belfeuil's rating of the film The Last Man on Earth

Out of all of the I Am Legend adaptations I've seen, this one may be my favorite. Price turns in a haunted performance as a man who appears to have sole stewardship of earth. The vampires seem to have more in common with the Romero zombies than any other film vamps.

16. Django's rating of the film The Last Man on Earth

This is a truly badly made film, even by 1960's AIP standards, but I give it a third star for Vincent Price's valiant attempt to redeem it. What's so irritating is that they had solid source material and a fine actor in the lead but did nothing to service either to the degree they deserved. Price had much more talent than he is given credit for and certainly warranted better than this.

17. Martin Sichetti's rating of the film The Last Man on Earth

Between zombies and vampires interesting work of Vincent Price.

18. Scout Tafoya's rating of the film The Last Man on Earth

A horror film that has a gentility about it, a sophisticated and pleasing mise-en-scene. I love watching this movie because it feels like its happening in the corner of some classics of the time, specifically Hitchcock. It's fun to imagine Cary Grant dodging planes in a field while across the ocean Vincent Price is sharpening stakes over coffee.

19. 849025's rating of the film The Last Man on Earth