1. Tibulle85's rating of the film The Last Station

(1/2) Soirée russe pour moi hier avec enchaînement des films sur Tolstoï et Rachmaninov! Films assez plats qui souffrent à mes yeux de lacunes opposées: dans le cas de Tolstoï, je trouve que le film a manqué clairement d'ambition car il y avait beaucoup de matière...Le film fait pourtant le choix de se focaliser uniquement sur la toute fin de vie de l'auteur cherchant (trop) à virer à toute force vers le mélodrame.

2. Didonne's rating of the film The Last Station

Plan plan & caricatural. La pauvre épouse de Tolstoï est présentée comme une virago. Quant à l'écrivain, il est haussé au rang de héros toute catégorie de l'humanité. Ceux qui ont lu Tolstoï seront attristés du manque de finesse de la biographie.

3. Sean Patrick Stevens's rating of the film The Last Station

The acting was great but the screenplay seemed unfocused.

4. Michael Harbour's rating of the film The Last Station

Most movie love stories show the origin of what we expect will be a great love. This movie shows us the last days of a great love. By turns uplifting and heartbreaking. A movie that feeds your soul. (Plus a bonus story of budding love if you really can't live without that.)

5. sean's rating of the film The Last Station

i would've respected it much more in russian, otherwise good acting, good depiction.

6. Kirby's rating of the film The Last Station

Excellent performances from almost every cast member. It's really great what some of the smaller characters manage to do in their little screen time. The story, however, feels like it drags on a bit. I felt two hours may have been too much.

7. Phoenix Rising's rating of the film The Last Station

The only problem I had with this film was Hollywood's traditional "British accents as the only foreign language". Also, Paul Giamatti wasn't even trying.

8. Dzimas's rating of the film The Last Station

I had a hard time settling on a rating. Helen Mirren is superb and the movie is worth watching just for her. But, the movie as a whole leaves a lot to be desired, not least of all the characterization of Chertkov.. Will write a more extensive review as I have alot to say on the subject, being an avid reader of Tolstoy.

9. margot_tenenbaum's rating of the film The Last Station

astonishing actors, but a slightly shallow screenplay for a film and too far away from reality for a biographical account.

10. Edward Copeland's rating of the film The Last Station

Stellar actor and solid writing lift this tale from the usual dusty shelf of the artist's biopic. http://j.mp/beEbEw

11. Steve's rating of the film The Last Station

Some really great performances. Interesting movie

12. Pedja's rating of the film The Last Station

Like the last episode of some pathetic TV series about Tolstoys...

13. CCLZA's rating of the film The Last Station

The tone is pitch perfect in the first half, with very enjoyable performances from the three leads. The ending may be a little overlong, but it's still a biopic on subjects you wouldn't think could be this entertaining.

14. sinemaci's rating of the film The Last Station

Last periods of Tolstoy's life, gives really a deep look to his thoughts and family. It is a story of a man who struggles between his idealized, strict ideas and his real life and love.. The main deficiency of the movie was, the language not being Russian but English instead.. All the cast was awesome, making the movie much better..

15. Blake GOBLE's rating of the film The Last Station

Who lets this shit escape Lifetime?

16. Edward's rating of the film The Last Station

Great film, just wish it was in Russian

17. Igotomovies's rating of the film The Last Station

Last Station got standing ovations at Telluride. I had to queue three times before I got to see the film there. It was worth it. A real audience experience, there was so much laughter, and tears at the end. We loved it. My friends talked about it all evening. Anyone who is married (I am, happily!) would. A wonderful, big, beautiful film. I am happy to spread the word.