1. Richmond Hill's rating of the film The Last Temptation of Christ

A glassy interpretation feeling rather ‘mid-sentence’ with much attempted theology, which tries hard but is either flattened by boring piety or occasionally overwhelmed by the Director’s penchant for violent detail. Perhaps too broad in canvas and not sufficiently pinpointed to engage let alone convey complex ideas. NYC vernacular and synthesised soundtrack provide idiosyncrasy but don’t aid matters.

2. reiter's rating of the film The Last Temptation of Christ

How the 80s XX synths music and 1st century Christ can be connected? Easy. Totally love it, probably the best-told film about Jesus ever shot that reminds carefully painted picture showing states of main character and events secondly.

3. DenoResandono's rating of the film The Last Temptation of Christ

This is the third time I watched this movie. THE LAST TEMPTATION OF CHRIST is my favorite movie from director Martin Scorsese. I think this is his underrated masterpiece. At first viewing, I just felt this movie is merely a great movie. At second viewing, I began to notice something that I missed from the first viewing. At third viewing, I felt this isn't an ordinary movie. It's a spiritual journey. It's wonderful...

4. Adolfo Isaac's rating of the film The Last Temptation of Christ

martin scorcese controversial film about the temptations of jesus christ ( this film is fiction so to all none catholics scorcese did not make this film to blaspheme christ at all ) still a good movie

5. Loud Rocks's rating of the film The Last Temptation of Christ

6. anacecil's rating of the film The Last Temptation of Christ

Muy buena dirección y actuación. Nos muestra los dilemas que pudo haber tenido Cristo en su vida real, antes de morir.

7. Z's rating of the film The Last Temptation of Christ

"The astonishing controversy that has raged around this film is primarily the work of fundamentalists who have their own view of Christ and are offended by a film that they feel questions his divinity. But in the father's house are many mansions, and there is more than one way to consider the story of Christ--why else are there four Gospels?"-Roger Ebert. A sincere exploration of faith/doubt by a gifted film artist.

8. Cinema Omnivore's rating of the film The Last Temptation of Christ

6.7/10, my review: http://wp.me/p1eXom-2MR

9. Nolan Barth's rating of the film The Last Temptation of Christ

This film was very much a passion project for Scorsese and that shows. You can feel his passion for the source material in almost every frame of it. This film for years was stuck in some sort of development hell and it's honestly a miracle that he ever managed to get it made. It is a little ruff around the edges and if it wasn't for Scorsese's raw talent and passion for the material this film would be unwatchable.

10. Wee Hunk's rating of the film The Last Temptation of Christ

I wish it was better. What the hell was Harvey Keitel doing in this movie? Since my father went out to protest this movie, the least I could do was go see it.

11. David Sindmark Hörnfeldt's rating of the film The Last Temptation of Christ

I don't care about blasphemy but Harvey Keitel as Judas sums every problem this movie has up.

12. Il secondo maestro del revolver's rating of the film The Last Temptation of Christ

13. Juan Diego's rating of the film The Last Temptation of Christ

14. Erjon Deniro's rating of the film The Last Temptation of Christ

Maybe the best of Scorcese! This movie left me 3 days thinking about it.

15. James Mackin's rating of the film The Last Temptation of Christ

The best Jesus film I've ever seen.

16. Bram Vroonland's rating of the film The Last Temptation of Christ

The movie was very powerful in depicting Jesus' struggle with being God. His relationship with Judas was taken to a new dimension and the overall plot was an interesting interpretation of the Gospel. The actual last temptation of Christ was the money shot. It is the large element of surplus value you don't get in any other passion movie.

17. cinegeek.de's rating of the film The Last Temptation of Christ

Man warf Scorsese Gotteslästerung und Schlimmeres vor; die MGM distanzierte sich von dem Projekt und Universal vollendete es schliesslich mit geringerem Budget. Wie wirkt The Last Temptation Of Christ heute, mehr als 20 Jahre später?(...) mehr auf cinegeek.de

18. Mr. Marston's rating of the film The Last Temptation of Christ

19. Ethan's rating of the film The Last Temptation of Christ

The Jesus movie to end all Jesus movies. Scorsese brings us a passionate film about the spiritual journey of Christ that is far superior to Gibson's Passion of the Christ.

20. Luis Pires's rating of the film The Last Temptation of Christ

A sort of unfortunate cosplay attempt with poor acting. Mel Gibson's take on the subject is much more successful.

21. Jason's rating of the film The Last Temptation of Christ

Last Temptation was extremely important to me growing up despite the fact that I was a confirmed died-in-the-wool atheist and that Scorsese's film is earnestly concerned w/ faith in a divinity. Looking at it again I am struck by how utterly profound and philosophically rich the movie is on the one hand and just how nakedly odd it is on the other. Valuable lessons about faith in the face of all kinds of torment.

22. astygianelysium's rating of the film The Last Temptation of Christ

weak dialogue is the film's biggest flaw: too many binary choices and artificial oppositions between good and evil. but many things make it compelling: scorsese's strange cinematographic choices; the tasteful splashes of Jodorowsky; Dafoe's superb physical acting

23. lelandpalmer's rating of the film The Last Temptation of Christ

aka gangs of nazareth. jesus high as fuck. keitel steals it

24. angelicidea's rating of the film The Last Temptation of Christ

Obviously well-made with a great performance by Harvey Keitel as the only voice of reason, but I still found it difficult to take it seriously.