1. lesminho's rating of the film The Last Temptation of Christ

2. MisterColo93's rating of the film The Last Temptation of Christ

3. the_mentaculus's rating of the film The Last Temptation of Christ

Two religious leaders in my life have said the following, which I’ve taken to heart: the Biblical Jesus in context was punk rock; and Jesus was 100% God and 100% Man, and not schizophrenic. The film nails the former. But for the latter, which is a critical, foundational illogic only assumed by Faith, the film fails miserably... yet this failure reveals its message of the work needed to accept Divinity.

4. Brian Trinh's rating of the film The Last Temptation of Christ

Remarkable, brilliant, twisting, agonizing, dramatic, philosophical, hysterical, demonic, wild, crazy, fun, over the top, creative, vivifying, spiritual, divine, sublime

5. OldGermanCurrency's rating of the film The Last Temptation of Christ

Let him die in a dream, but let him live his life.

6. Dan Kenneth Gigernes's rating of the film The Last Temptation of Christ

Satisfying human alternative version of Jesus Christ that dare show Jesus as a person with his own sexual drive force getting tempted by Satan with a dream of a family. Willem Dafoe is fantastic in the title role and Harvey Keitel is a great misjudged Judas. Great music from Peter Gabriel. Why doesn't this film get to be mentioned together with Martin Scorsese's great gangster epics?

7. Adam GR's rating of the film The Last Temptation of Christ

A deliciously culty cast for a Biblical tale. Philosophical, the frenzied meditation of this character's journey is captured well. Jesus' angst has an almighty charm to it. Peter Gabriel slays the score.

8. Eric Eidelstein's rating of the film The Last Temptation of Christ

I love hung Willem Dafoe, but I don’t like hung Willem Dafoe.

9. Richmond Hill's rating of the film The Last Temptation of Christ

A glassy interpretation feeling rather ‘mid-sentence’ with much attempted theology, which tries hard but is either flattened by boring piety or occasionally overwhelmed by the Director’s penchant for violent detail. Perhaps too broad in canvas and not sufficiently pinpointed to engage let alone convey complex ideas. NYC vernacular and synthesised soundtrack provide idiosyncrasy but don’t aid matters.

10. Vera Kavaleuskaya's rating of the film The Last Temptation of Christ

11. Mazintas's rating of the film The Last Temptation of Christ

Dreyer never got to make his Jesus film, but Scorsese did (a travesty).

12. reiter's rating of the film The Last Temptation of Christ

How the 80s XX synths music and 1st century Christ can be connected? Easy. Totally love it, probably the best-told film about Jesus ever shot that reminds carefully painted picture showing states of main character and events secondly.

13. DenoResandono's rating of the film The Last Temptation of Christ

This is the third time I watched this movie. THE LAST TEMPTATION OF CHRIST is my favorite movie from director Martin Scorsese. I think this is his underrated masterpiece. At first viewing, I just felt this movie is merely a great movie. At second viewing, I began to notice something that I missed from the first viewing. At third viewing, I felt this isn't an ordinary movie. It's a spiritual journey. It's wonderful...

14. Adolfo Isaac's rating of the film The Last Temptation of Christ

martin scorcese controversial film about the temptations of jesus christ ( this film is fiction so to all none catholics scorcese did not make this film to blaspheme christ at all ) still a good movie

15. Loud Rocks's rating of the film The Last Temptation of Christ

16. anacecil's rating of the film The Last Temptation of Christ

Muy buena dirección y actuación. Nos muestra los dilemas que pudo haber tenido Cristo en su vida real, antes de morir.

17. Z's rating of the film The Last Temptation of Christ

"The astonishing controversy that has raged around this film is primarily the work of fundamentalists who have their own view of Christ and are offended by a film that they feel questions his divinity. But in the father's house are many mansions, and there is more than one way to consider the story of Christ--why else are there four Gospels?"-Roger Ebert. A sincere exploration of faith/doubt by a gifted film artist.

18. Cinema Omnivore's rating of the film The Last Temptation of Christ

6.7/10, my review: http://wp.me/p1eXom-2MR

19. Nolan Barth's rating of the film The Last Temptation of Christ

This film was very much a passion project for Scorsese and that shows. You can feel his passion for the source material in almost every frame of it. This film for years was stuck in some sort of development hell and it's honestly a miracle that he ever managed to get it made. It is a little ruff around the edges and if it wasn't for Scorsese's raw talent and passion for the material this film would be unwatchable.

20. Wee Hunk's rating of the film The Last Temptation of Christ

I wish it was better. What the hell was Harvey Keitel doing in this movie? Since my father went out to protest this movie, the least I could do was go see it.

21. David Sindmark Hörnfeldt's rating of the film The Last Temptation of Christ

I don't care about blasphemy but Harvey Keitel as Judas sums every problem this movie has up.

22. Il secondo maestro del revolver's rating of the film The Last Temptation of Christ

23. Erjon Deniro's rating of the film The Last Temptation of Christ

Maybe the best of Scorcese! This movie left me 3 days thinking about it.

24. James Mackin's rating of the film The Last Temptation of Christ

The best Jesus film I've ever seen.

← Previous 1 3 4