1. Bonnet Michel's rating of the film The Last Time I Saw Macao

2. fada19's rating of the film The Last Time I Saw Macao

3. BUTTAUD's rating of the film The Last Time I Saw Macao

The images are beautiful but the commentary very boring and the search useless.

4. bnmy's rating of the film The Last Time I Saw Macao

des plans de coupe pour un film d'une grande beauté statique qui bouge tout le temps ; ce qui confirme bien que : la beauté est une flèche lente.

5. CaÏn Kââ's rating of the film The Last Time I Saw Macao

Décevant. And why ? J'avais en tête le Macao de Volodine, qui compte des tueurs là aussi, mais portés par une saudade d'une autre trempe. Impression de tomber sur un Macao pour touriste, où le fil ténu d'une fausse intrigue en voix-off ne sert qu'à relier des images incongrues ou désolées, mais qui ne font ni sens ni émotion. Ni fiction, ni documentaire. Bel exemple de ce qui serait à éviter.

6. PhKa's rating of the film The Last Time I Saw Macao

the resume doesn't really tell what is the movie, Nothing about proeminent powerful economie, But a nostalgic strange story told with an impressive work in term of CINEMA ! Very good !!!

7. Superfrog's rating of the film The Last Time I Saw Macao

Stunning picture and sound work, as well as conceptually significant sound effort. Script weak to inexistant..

8. Daniel Roque's rating of the film The Last Time I Saw Macao

A intro da coreografia de Candy com os tigres está algo de soberbo. Neste thriller nostálgico semi-documental é revisitada uma região que tanto ou nada mudou ao longo de 30 anos, mostrando os recantos menos tourist-friendly mais ainda assim fascinantes, provando que esta não será a última vez que vi Macau.

9. opandadodavid's rating of the film The Last Time I Saw Macao

10. CarlosEsquives's rating of the film The Last Time I Saw Macao

Atractivo cine noir. El filme se despliega cual clásico estadounidense, pero en un idioma a lo Marker (tal vez por eso su fallida calificación de documental). Dado ambos referentes, no es de extrañar que la película sea narrada en primera persona. Pero hay más. Lo atractivo tiene que ver con ese lugar ficticio pero que se abraza a lo real. Tiene mucho de místico como ese tesoro enjaulado (Kiss Me Deadly).

11. Videograms's rating of the film The Last Time I Saw Macao

This film is trying to break every convention. It is revolutionary.

12. Igor Ramos's rating of the film The Last Time I Saw Macao

Reality and fiction are intertwined in this return to Macao. Guerra da Mata (the protagonist) shares many things with Guerra da Mata (the director) and it's quite nice to follow him revisiting these places that feel so familiar and yet, at the same time, so different after 30 years. It doesn't work as an idilic postcard for Macao, but it definitely made me wanna go there.

13. Pierre's rating of the film The Last Time I Saw Macao

An offbeat detective story told entirely non-diagetically, permeating some curious boundary between radio play, travelogue and noir. Some of the best moments happen when the narration evaporates entirely, leaving only the mystery of what might—or might not—be occurring out of frame, in the mystical nowheres of Macao's sleepy streets. A true delight.

14. Carlos Filipe Freitas's rating of the film The Last Time I Saw Macao

A compulsive exercise on experimentalism, set up with an exquisite storytelling and ghostly images. Review and Rating: http://alwayswatchgoodmovies.blogspot.com/2013/09/the-last-time-i-saw-macao-2012.html

15. msmichel's rating of the film The Last Time I Saw Macao

FNC '12 One of the year's finest films. An unique experience that one has to surrender to as it meanders its way along. Part traveloque, part history lesson and part mystery a la Harry Lime. Top notch opening using Jane Russell's song from 'Macao" is just the jumping off point for this fascinating pic. Filmmakers reportedly created this film in the editing studio from reams of footage shot and approriated. Wow

16. Matthew_Lucas's rating of the film The Last Time I Saw Macao

A thriller narrated in the first person in which we never see the protagonist, or for that matter any of the action described onscreen. Fascinating from a formal standpoint, attaining a strangely meditative quality and leaving the audience as disoriented as its protagonist. Unfortunately it's also a bit frustrating, even with its short running time. Still, it's an audacious experiment, even if it doesn't always work.

17. eric gould's rating of the film The Last Time I Saw Macao

The Last Time I Saw Macao's tropical smoke-hued noir weaves cinematic nostalgia and childhood memory in a fragmented labyrinthine search for a friend in danger and fleeting glimpses of the past. Filmmakers Guerra da Mata and Pedro Rodrigues aspires for an evocative and compelling work, but the final reel coveys how the editing room eludes their narrative, and imparts the impression that all is lost in the wilderness.

18. Samuel Andrade's rating of the film The Last Time I Saw Macao

★★★ the effort to deconstruct Portugal’s colonial history is there — but you can't hardly see it through all the 'noir'.

19. Anne so's rating of the film The Last Time I Saw Macao

20. Jorge Mourinha's rating of the film The Last Time I Saw Macao

Phony exotic schoolboy thriller meets impressionistic travelogue in a gloriously melancholy WTF requiem for the past.

21. i hate movies's rating of the film The Last Time I Saw Macao