1. Nick Schwab's rating of the film The Last Winter

When he's at his best, indie-horror Director Larry Fessenden is a modern auteur of the genre. One of his such films, The Last Winter, fits into all 3 of the categories for auteurism: 1. It's highly technically proficient (with swooping cameras, and wide shots akin to Kubrick, yet redefined), 2. It has personality in both style and in script. 3. It's an inner meaning (man's ravishment of nature.) Superior filmmaking.

2. lamouchequilouche's rating of the film The Last Winter

Messy and downright tedious ecological horror shocker. Looks cheap too.

3. kartina obskura's rating of the film The Last Winter

4. Katerina's rating of the film The Last Winter

I make horror movies to get some attention off my forehead.

5. Mugino's rating of the film The Last Winter

The dangers of the natural elements and the horror of despair are enough; Fessenden didn't need the supernatural or the cliches of people turning on each other to ratchet up the fear factor. For someone who proclaims to have "an acute awareness of the horrors of life," he sure doesn't get it.

6. nothere's rating of the film The Last Winter

The film goes absolutely nowhere till you hit eject.

7. Ryan Estabrooks's rating of the film The Last Winter

Spot on pacing, writing and tone...until the end. Once the CGI spirits happen, this movie tanked for me. It had such a supreme buildup with, what I thought, was an incredibly cheesy ending. I would still give the director another chance, I feel he might be able to knock the next one out of the park