1. Aardsy's rating of the film The Lavender Hill Mob

2. Stian Gledje Bekkvik's rating of the film The Lavender Hill Mob

3. Bilouaustria's rating of the film The Lavender Hill Mob

The Ealing comedies are so efficient because they never just rely on dialogues : you'll find a lots of fine visual ideas, staged jokes, even some funny transitions. It is not a series of sketches, on the contrary, well made story-telling and directing. Add to this another great casting and once again a under-the-radar criminal gang.

4. João Rocha's rating of the film The Lavender Hill Mob

One of my favourites by Ealing Studios. And it's a quite a shock when Audrey Hepburn appears xD

5. janh24's rating of the film The Lavender Hill Mob

6. Michael Harbour's rating of the film The Lavender Hill Mob

An inventive heist comedy where things, as one might anticipate, go a bit off. Regardless of the financial outcome, our protagonists win by coming alive while attempting something extraordinary (if unlawful).

7. karengenetta's rating of the film The Lavender Hill Mob

that is the wrong image indeed, how can that be changed?

8. Gabe rs's rating of the film The Lavender Hill Mob

I need to watch this because now I live next to Lavender Hill

9. Richmond Hill's rating of the film The Lavender Hill Mob

Smooth and very efficient caper-come-farce. It's structure, if not execution, is surprisingly modern but this is true of many an Ealing Studios film whose comedies deftly combine British parochialism with slick Hollywood mechanisms. A model of barely a wasted moment.

10. Sinziana Medvetchi's rating of the film The Lavender Hill Mob

Back in 1951, one London bank clerk said "Blimey man, life's a risk!"

11. Pierluigi Puccini's rating of the film The Lavender Hill Mob

Guinnes creates an ordinary man striving for a dream, a mad and illegal one, but a dream anyhow. Contagiously charming and funny.

12. Amadeus Magnus's rating of the film The Lavender Hill Mob

"Kind Hearts and Coronets" is the funniest one.

13. mjgildea's rating of the film The Lavender Hill Mob

I think The Lavender Hill Mob's reputation is bigger than the movie. It was definitely enjoyable and fun, I just didn't think it was anything to freak out over. Its certainly a must for Alec Guinness fans and the Audrey Hepburn spot at the beginning was definitely a plus, I just wasn't that impressed...

14. Erik Gregersen's rating of the film The Lavender Hill Mob

This did something almost unique in that is a great (and one of the first) clockwork heist thriller and a great send-up of the clockwork heist thriller.

15. Dave's rating of the film The Lavender Hill Mob

The funniest Ealing comedy I have seen. A wonderful film.

16. Roscoe's rating of the film The Lavender Hill Mob

A delight in every way.

17. Brennan's rating of the film The Lavender Hill Mob

One of the great Ealing comedies. I'd love to become a fan, but a correct image would be nice!

18. Christopher R. Smith's rating of the film The Lavender Hill Mob

Finely-crafted British comedy from director Charles Crichton and Ealing Studios. Alec Guinness leads a cast of great character actors through a story that works not only as a sparkling comedy, but also a masterfully suspenseful heist film. A classic.