1. FISCHER's rating of the film The Legend of the Holy Drinker

D'une gracieuse nonchalance fort envoƻtante... www.cinefiches.com

2. Francisco R.'s rating of the film The Legend of the Holy Drinker

It's too bad that this is so underrated, no one ever talks about this movie. Olmi made the kind of picture that one remembers as a personal experience rather than just a simple 'great' movie.

3. Umberto L.'s rating of the film The Legend of the Holy Drinker

One of the most incredible films ever made. I will love it even after my own death. Exceptional, flawless, impeccable, touching, vivid, and dreamy like a film from Miyazaki. Ermanno Olmi probably wanted to honour Pietro Germi's "Il Ferroviere": he ended up surpassing it.

4. Mark Photoarsenal's rating of the film The Legend of the Holy Drinker

... just one more film .... you can not watch here :-( !!! TIMEWASTERS !!!

5. David Allen's rating of the film The Legend of the Holy Drinker

This is a beautiful film about Andreas , a beggar with an amazing sense of dignity . The film opens with a stranger giving Andreas 200 franks which he must return to the statue of st. terese . The film shows Andreas constant frustrations just like the frustrations of life as he attempts to return that money . This film slowly reaches to your very soul .

6. Dennis-Leroy Kangalee's rating of the film The Legend of the Holy Drinker

One of the greatest films ever made. Saw it when I was in Berlin, broke, and down and out...and it revived and inspired me. I had never had such a peculiarly spiritual experience when watching a film and I was moved by Rutger Hauer's beautiful performance. As good (or even better!) than Joseph Roth's stunning short story on which this film is based. Marvelous achievement.