1. PeterK94's rating of the film The LEGO Movie

I initially wrote off this movie but after hearing praise for it over the last few months I finally gave it a chance. It’s an utterly fun watch with a surprisingly layered narrative and clever twist that fully embraces the material it’s based on.

2. NUGA's rating of the film The LEGO Movie

This expertly and cleverly done movie takes the role of a satire of contemporary society, while being a blast to watch for everyone. It uses the LEGO™ theme not only as a setting, but also as the whole basis of the entire movie, as it should do. Sure its not as subtle or brutally real as other movies and neither should it be. This is an experience everyone will enjoy. Also everything is awesome.

3. Carlos Bonifácio's rating of the film The LEGO Movie

It's not half naive as most would think. Look carefully and you'll see a modern, technological, sophisticated and self-conscious comedy.

4. MiloBOK's rating of the film The LEGO Movie

On paper this could have easily been a product placement for Lego in movie form and it sort of is, but it's done with so much heart and fun that I don't care. Only problem is that Superman was stopped far too easily given his skillset, but even then, it's still an absolute blast and was robbed at the Oscars.

5. TimotStillHere's rating of the film The LEGO Movie

Everything about this movie surprises me. It mocks "chosen one" plot armor by actually using it.

6. Deiner's rating of the film The LEGO Movie

Silly but enjoyable. Visually impressive. "Everything is Awesome" got stuck in my head.

7. Malt Frisky's rating of the film The LEGO Movie

With the Lego franchise they could have made your average generic animated film and cashed in on the product references. And yet with clever writing, imagination and care put into it they made a film that's so out there it becomes damn enjoyable and actually funny. The plot is nothing spectacular but the execution is what's important here and they managed to pull it off with some memorable characters and moments.

8. vladimirbalt's rating of the film The LEGO Movie

Few laughs, few smirks, some cuteness...

9. etilen's rating of the film The LEGO Movie

You don't have to be the bad guy. You are the most talented, most interesting, and most extraordinary person in the universe. And you are capable of amazing things. Because you are the Special. And so am I. And so is everyone. The prophecy is made up, but it's also true. It's about all of us. Right now, it's about you. And you... still... can change everything.

10. Thomas Dods's rating of the film The LEGO Movie

The idea of a lego film sounded horrendous but Lord and Miller made a self aware, subversive treat. The concept at the heart of the film - of imaginative play vs following instructions - is a clever way of relating the viewer's own experience with the best toys ever made. There are endless gags and a very high rate, while repeat viewings reveal the attention to detail. Modern classic.

11. Glue Sniffer's rating of the film The LEGO Movie

Jestem zaskoczony i to mile!

12. jack.clare208's rating of the film The LEGO Movie

I'll never forget going to see this with my brother, both of us expecting a bad to average movie, and turning to him about 20 minutes in, with a great big ridiculous smile on my face, thinking 'how can this be so good?'

13. aikeart's rating of the film The LEGO Movie

...Y no tener LEGO sólo para dejarlos intocables en un estante, sino para hacer cualquier cosa genial.

14. smndvdcl's rating of the film The LEGO Movie

Witty, progressive and adorable. Deserving of its plaudits.

15. Khashayar Mohammadi's rating of the film The LEGO Movie

Much better than I expected actually!

16. auloel's rating of the film The LEGO Movie

17. ceknklsn's rating of the film The LEGO Movie

18. Kortirion's rating of the film The LEGO Movie

Starts off as amusing, light social criticism but is ultimately unfortunate propaganda directed towards instilling 'special snowflake' syndrome into unwitting receptacles.

19. James Mackin's rating of the film The LEGO Movie

One of the best animated movies I've ever seen.

20. xOkamiii's rating of the film The LEGO Movie

This movie is amazingly balanced, the animation is great, the story is way better than I could imagine and the comedy is awesome for all ages. (I loved Morgan Freeman as Vitruvius)

21. the_mentaculus's rating of the film The LEGO Movie

Miller, Lord and co. know a film set to Legos will never be as good as what we come up with as kids - playing with Legos. So to stay ingenuous, they embrace the Anything Goes aesthetic, while going a step further to ask why we need the film in the first place. Answer: On your 1.3 hr commute to work today, sing Everything is Awesome on repeat. The truth will hit you harder than a credit card bill from the Lego Store.

22. Ananta Vania Iswardhani's rating of the film The LEGO Movie

Everything was awesome except for the fact that I had to watch it twice because I fell asleep the first time.

23. Craig Knittle's rating of the film The LEGO Movie

Was cautiously optimistic, and it turned out to blow me away. I was hysterically laughing/crying simultaneously. I was nervous about the live action section, but it ended up being a beautiful tale of nostalgia and father/son bonding and the everlasting love of everything. Lord and Miller made this just perfect.

24. Gustavo Razera's rating of the film The LEGO Movie

Utterly frantic, zany, bonkers and loud, it should please videogame-loving children thanks to its hyperkinetic narrative thrust and eye-popping colors. That doesn't mean wary adults should keep their distance: risqué jokes abound, as well as a stream of socio-governmental criticism that blends perfectly with the action.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7