1. un om |care doarme|'s rating of the film The Leopard

2. Johnny Seeker's rating of the film The Leopard

"They'll never want to improve because they think themselves perfect. Their vanity is stronger than their wretchedness."

3. thebpicture's rating of the film The Leopard

""We were the leopards, the lions, those who take our place will be jackals and sheep, and the whole lot of us - leopards, lions, jackals and sheep - will continue to think ourselves the salt of the earth." so very stunning. Visconti's eye for detail is breath taking, this movie was a pleasure to look at and to follow. Great scene composure and staging, captures the ethos of Sicily well

4. Clat's rating of the film The Leopard

5. jonijtr's rating of the film The Leopard

6. Eric Eidelstein's rating of the film The Leopard

My Alain Delon thirst. But also that ballroom scene...

7. FISCHER's rating of the film The Leopard

Etonnante plasticité, beauté des formes et des couleurs, esthétisme époustouflant dans cette fresque magique et remarquable. N'empêche que trop de beauté nuit et que la résonance politique manque de dynamisme et d'efficacité. De plus la vision marxiste du sens de l'Histoire, reste des plus caduques quant à sa démonstration... www.cinefiches.com

8. anacecil's rating of the film The Leopard

Preciosa !!! Un adios a los tiempos conservadores en Italia y la llegada de los burgueses a convivir con las clases altas

9. ammar's rating of the film The Leopard

10. C's rating of the film The Leopard

a movie I'm liking more and more with each day that goes by as I further forget the 2/3rds of it that are boring

11. Daniel S.'s rating of the film The Leopard

****1/2. Well deserved Palme d'Or at the Cannes Film Festival.

12. Y.'s rating of the film The Leopard

The beautiful set and costumes, the incredible cast -- Claudia Cardinale, Burt Lancaster, Alain Delon, Pierre Clementi -- and the general quality of this film all work to solidify Visconti's reputation as a perfectionist. The Leopard offers a different perspective on revolution which not only symbolizes the birth of a nation but also the end of an entire class.

13. Bram Vroonland's rating of the film The Leopard

Visconti has always been a master of mise-en-scene, but this particular setting allowed for him to pull all the stops. Amidst this splendor lies a touching story portrayed by the most lovable Lancaster I have ever witnessed. Torn by feelings of nostalgia and alienation on the eve of great change. Amazing film.

14. Blumes's rating of the film The Leopard

Seen from the aristocracy's point of view, you really get a feel for the comfortable shell they built for themselves, even as resources dwindle and times change.

15. Wee Hunk's rating of the film The Leopard

I prefer the intimate to the epic in general, but there was plenty to chew on. It was a flop when it came out in America, because America had Lancaster typecast. It doesn't surprise me that this is Martin Scorcese's favorite film. It's old Hollywood style. I much preferred 'Conversation Piece'.

16. miles's rating of the film The Leopard

beautifully made like a luxury car, but the engine is a bit of a let down.

17. Aardsy's rating of the film The Leopard

Opulent, stunning, and so very dull.

18. Mr. Marston's rating of the film The Leopard

19. Renton47's rating of the film The Leopard

Houellebecq says it is impossible for people invested in a current system of culture to recognise when that system is collapsing. 'The Leopard' is the stiff-upper lip in those prevailing changes, and suitably it progresses with the tedium of business as usual. A dry period drama probably influenced by my indifference to aristocracies. Probably alone in preferring "I Am Love".

20. redux's rating of the film The Leopard

Claudia Cardinale devours the old Sicilian gentry. A film to admire, as opposed to connect with.

21. Bogdan Liviu's rating of the film The Leopard

"Love? Fire and flames for a year, ashes for thirty."

22. Dignan's rating of the film The Leopard

23. daftnymph's rating of the film The Leopard

24. SoulBrotherNo1's rating of the film The Leopard

8.5/10 - Hard not to see how this influenced The Godfather: Powerful patriarchs at the change of times, beautiful Sicly, Nino Rotas music...but this film is even more grandiose, and visually stunning. I just wish the script would be tighter with more dramatic tension. Not that I need a strong story to appreciate a film, but here it feels like a missed opportunity. Could have been one of the GOATs. Still amazing.