1. Trickstian Shantih's rating of the film The Lesson

2. Adam Whybray's rating of the film The Lesson

When I last tried to follow up a contract payment I am owed for a piece of writing I did three years ago I was told: "The trail's gone cold on that one." So, I get the frustration of not sitting in the money chair. Thematically and morally 'The Lesson' reminded me of the Coens' 'A Serious Man' in that it shows that under capitalism if you try to follow the rules you get exploited by those who don't "play the game".

3. saitosouta's rating of the film The Lesson

I need money, but I don't have money. I don't have money, but I need money. I need money, but I don't have money. I need money, I need money, I need money I need money I need money money money money money money money moneymoneymoneymoneymoneymoneymoneymoneymoneymoneyMONEYMONEYMONEYMONEYMONEYMONEYMONEYMONEYMONEYMONEYMONEYMONEYMMMMMMMMMOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNEEEEEEEEEEEEEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

4. El Biffo's rating of the film The Lesson

"Your negative energy is blocking my chakras!"

5. Sarah's rating of the film The Lesson

wnated to sleep instead of seeing this film.

6. Vaida Kazlauskaitė's rating of the film The Lesson

Extremely boring and that's mostly because instead of watching some drama pouring out of the desperation when one needs to choose between poverty and dignity what you basically see is just some mid-age woman trapped in some mundane problems surrounded by some actors who don't seem to care about their roles at all. Felt like watching a hamster in a rolling ball - quickly becomes a torture

7. Mr. Dude_o_o's rating of the film The Lesson

8. Liviu Cozma's rating of the film The Lesson

When the crucifixion started I was already dying to get out of the theater. Too bad I wasn't alone so I had to experience 45 minutes of what a sartrian hell might be like. L'enfer... c'est "La lecon". Was expecting to see a rape too, but somehow it didn't happen. Close enough though.

9. Sergiu Scripcă's rating of the film The Lesson

I'm split about this. It has a good grip of the whole minimalist aesthetic, but its plot takes arbitrary turns just to up the tension (which is all the more jarring in the context of its apparent naturalism; this is obviously not a Coen-like embrace of Greek tragedy-style cosmic cruelty). Yet it is well-made enough to actually deliver genuine tension, even as you clearly realize you're being manipulated.

10. Mihai Cristea's rating of the film The Lesson

Guerrilla filmmaking (11.000 EUR budget, shooting now & then over a 9 months period, a bunch of professional actors bringing their friends in front of the camera) that tries too hard to play crappy tricks inside a script which converts hyperrealism into surrealism. I hated Dardennes' latest effort, I despise this one even more.