1. James Mackin's rating of the film The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou

If this was about anything other than oceanography, it'd be my favourite Wes Anderson film. Love the Portugese Bowie, love the framing here, and I adore the Buckaroo Banzai ending.

2. nadnab's rating of the film The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou

3. Stefan Stefan's rating of the film The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou

4. poetboi's rating of the film The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou

Is this the best movie ever? No. Is this my favourite movie ever? Yes. I can't explain it, but it's the greatest. This is an adventure.

5. jhubbs's rating of the film The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou

Charming, whimsical, Wes Anderson

6. marcabranca's rating of the film The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou

seu jorge singing bowie alone would be reason enough to watch

7. Aaron C Jones's rating of the film The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou

This one's special. Uncle Wes possibly at his quirkiest/zaniest? This seems like a theme with me and Wes, but again we have a funny and sad story with amazing mise-en-scène, soundtrack, and cast (I was going to highlight the ones I liked the most, but I loved all of them!) Ratings-wise, it's a teensy bit uneven (which keeps it from 5 stars), but overall it's a great time.

8. amariliz's rating of the film The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou

a little slow, yet pleasing (it's wes anderson!...)

9. eccestefan's rating of the film The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou

boring at times, but the visuals are fantastic as always.

10. Dan Kenneth Gigernes's rating of the film The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou

The great Bill Murray and a enormous ensemble of fantastic stars help out in another quirky Wes Anderson drama-comedy - an alternative "Jaws" story that is just über-cool.

11. Paul Dogioiu's rating of the film The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou

12. André Sousa's rating of the film The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou

13. Adam Whybray's rating of the film The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou

2.5 stars. Hella technique, but to the most inconsequential ends. If I weren't so gosh darn glum and serious I probably would have loved this mess. I mean, it even has underwater Henry Selick monsters. I just gotta love that breezily appropriative Continental/ Latin American style, but a film has to be relentlessly brilliant to win my brain over to problematic frippery. Anderson would do so a decade later than this.

14. Ben Nash's rating of the film The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou

Eye-rollingly self-aware it may be, but I can't help but enjoy it. Plus it's got David Bowie on the soundtrack and David Bowie is the shit.

15. Walker's rating of the film The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou

In my humble opinion, this is the peak of Wes Anderson's art.

16. Luca Soldati's rating of the film The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou

Ottima narrazione sopra le righe, malinconica e al limite del fantastico. Presente qualche forzatura e lungaggine di troppo. Ben fatta l'evoluzione del rapporto padre-figlio fra i due protagonisti. La messa in scena è ottima. Finale meraviglioso. La regia convince e dà un taglio originale al racconto. Inquadrature studiate benissimo e molto belle le scene d'azione. Personaggi ben fatti e riconoscibili. Musiche ottime

17. Paolo Utili's rating of the film The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou

18. NCMBianchi's rating of the film The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou

19. kartina obskura's rating of the film The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou

20. müteahhit's rating of the film The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou

this is a very special film for me.

21. Roland Nicolai Fanega's rating of the film The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou

Weak Anderson, but I still love you

22. Myles's rating of the film The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou

This is his meanest and prettiest. It's got problems, but it's my favorite Anderson. It always will be.

23. A.B. II: The Return's rating of the film The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou

I really don't understand the critical divide this film has; I feel it's on par with other Anderson films I've seen...for better and for worse. The deadpan and quirkiness is still hit-or-miss, and Anderson's trademark visuals feel more and more overused. But, as usual, the abundance of charm and humor wins out, helped further by sheer talent of the cast (Murray's performance is among his top two or three, I feel).

24. DenoResandono's rating of the film The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou

One of the underrated movie from director Wes Anderson. "The Life Aquatic" is still a decent movie actually. Like Anderson other movies, it contained some unique characters, beautiful cinematography, and great acting. I think a few parts feels overlong. This movie also lacks of focus. It feels muddled. Sometimes, I felt that I missed something while watching it. Maybe I was expecting too much. Yeah, it's still good..