1. SchizOphelia's rating of the film The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou

2. erikdylansr's rating of the film The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou

Anderson's underrated gem, Wes elegantly combines his symmetrical frames with emotion.

3. lesminho's rating of the film The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou

4. DNA's rating of the film The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou

A great trek with Wes Anderson and the regulars. Wes is in my top seven Auteurs. It’s been several years since I have seen TLAWSS. So, I’m going to rewatch this in a few days. It’s a five star masterpiece with some unique cinematography, a bit of stop motion, and sexy Cate Blanchett. It pairs well the French biopic The Odyssey about Jacques Cousteau.

5. Hannes's rating of the film The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou

6. nicolecahali's rating of the film The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou

7. Marco B.'s rating of the film The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou

8. Ramzi's rating of the film The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou

Thought the first half was hilarious. Don't understand why this provoked such a negative reacion.

9. Reynaldo Goulart's rating of the film The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou

10. Toni's rating of the film The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou

11. Doug's rating of the film The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou

A Wes Anderson treat that's funny and enjoyable. Bill Murray is a hoot as the oceanographer of the title, a role perfectly suited for him. The rest of the cast shines, and Anderson's dialogue is clever.

12. askapsaskis's rating of the film The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou

The film's sadness (and its success) lies in its willful refusal to be charming, even in spite of the colorful veneer. It is like a smile through tears (and somehow possesses the same weird wonder). You're on the adventure—you find a way to bear your grief, or you don't.

13. _sans.soleil_'s rating of the film The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou

Best Jacques Cousteau tribute ever ♡

14. Luis's rating of the film The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou

The only film by Wes Anderson that has never grown in me. I've tried but no. I still believe that it's his weakest film.

15. Semaj Rose's rating of the film The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou

How the fuck was this green lit?

16. Kuja's rating of the film The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou

2,5. Bill Murray incarnates a demented Jacques Cousteau. And a demented Seu Jorge incarnates David Bowie.

17. James Mackin's rating of the film The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou

If this was about anything other than oceanography, it'd be my favourite Wes Anderson film. Love the Portugese Bowie, love the framing here, and I adore the Buckaroo Banzai ending.

18. nadnab's rating of the film The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou

19. Stefan Stefan's rating of the film The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou

20. poetboi's rating of the film The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou

Is this the best movie ever? No. Is this my favourite movie ever? Yes. I can't explain it, but it's the greatest. This is an adventure.

21. jhubbs's rating of the film The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou

Charming, whimsical, Wes Anderson

22. marcabranca's rating of the film The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou

seu jorge singing bowie alone would be reason enough to watch

23. Aaron C Jones's rating of the film The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou

This one's special. Uncle Wes possibly at his quirkiest/zaniest? This seems like a theme with me and Wes, but again we have a funny and sad story with amazing mise-en-scène, soundtrack, and cast (I was going to highlight the ones I liked the most, but I loved all of them!) Ratings-wise, it's a teensy bit uneven (which keeps it from 5 stars), but overall it's a great time.

24. amariliz's rating of the film The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou

a little slow, yet pleasing (it's wes anderson!...)