1. SpacePirate's rating of the film The Life of Emile Zola

Easy to see why the Academy loved this one. Brilliant depiction of military corruption and an incredibly moving biopic at the same time. Muni's famous courtroom speech is spellbinding, and really shows his often unparalleled depths as an actor. It's hard to fathom this is the same man from ...Chain Gang and Scarface. Can't believe its taken me so long to see this one honestly. Essential old Hollywood.

2. David M.K.'s rating of the film The Life of Emile Zola

J'ACCUSE... this movie of sucking.

3. A.J. Hakari's rating of the film The Life of Emile Zola

Though the film involves a man few remember today, his story is as resonant now as it was in his time. A courageous biopic in the classic mold, wherein the boo-hiss machinations of the antagonists are balanced by Paul Muni's strong, affectionate performance.

4. danhofstra's rating of the film The Life of Emile Zola

Brilliant depiction of the Dreyfus affair...Schildkraut earns every ounce of that Best Supporting Oscar. I feel like I owe Warner Bros. money after I bought it for $3 at a discount store...

5. Anastasia's rating of the film The Life of Emile Zola

Great performance, very underrated!

6. Lucas Lacámara's rating of the film The Life of Emile Zola

Now here's a film that achieves what it sets out to accomplish. This is a well-acted and well-written biopic of Émile Zola that succeeds in retelling the infamous Dreyfus Affair.

7. Byron Brubaker's rating of the film The Life of Emile Zola

A story of a great man. A story about justice, injustice, and the power of intellect to overcome corruption.