1. Elena's rating of the film The Limits of Control

Two espressos in separate cups

2. Bonnet Michel's rating of the film The Limits of Control

3. Naila's rating of the film The Limits of Control

It has all the irritating Jarmusch tics that normally get on my nerves but for some reason I loved this. Beautiful cinematography, but I understand why people wouldn't like it.

4. J.J. 'Jake' Gittes's rating of the film The Limits of Control

The title should be: 'Jim Jarmusch Out of Control'. What a waste of Tilda Swinton, Bill Murray, John Hurt. Symbolisms again and again. So portentous, it crushes to death by it's own heavy. A bore. From start to finish. Terrible. Zero stars.

5. Stefan Stefan's rating of the film The Limits of Control

6. hexhunk's rating of the film The Limits of Control

I add points for style, and this gets an extra star for having style to spare, but not much else.

7. FISCHER's rating of the film The Limits of Control

Il ne suffit pas de consteller le film de propos abscons et sibyllins, en récurrents leitmotivs ibérico-linguistiques, de le parsemer de répétitifs agissements incongrus et caféïnés, d'arborer en préambule un galvaudé vers rimbaldien, de finalement basculer dans la virtualité subjective ou la foutaise cérébrale, selon la perception du moment, pour créer une oeuvre artistique. www.cinefiches.com

8. Sol Petchorine's rating of the film The Limits of Control

_ Two espressos in separate cups …

9. Il secondo maestro del revolver's rating of the film The Limits of Control

10. Levent Güçer's rating of the film The Limits of Control

11. Raymond Likes Subtitles's rating of the film The Limits of Control

12. David Grillo's rating of the film The Limits of Control

He who assembles reality out of unreality. ( his target) To pinpoint reality. In this movie you discover silences distinct from one another, "It is cognition itself that is a fantasy". "It took someone as unreal as him to break through my own unreality"

13. SBERB's rating of the film The Limits of Control

il film drone, la vida no vale nada

14. Ethan's rating of the film The Limits of Control

This is the typical Jarmusch film with a lot of badass moments and a very quiet lead. The naked chick in this is pretty hot too.

15. _Lilith_'s rating of the film The Limits of Control

16. Andrew Miller's rating of the film The Limits of Control

I was with this till the ending, which didn't work for me.

17. Renton47's rating of the film The Limits of Control

The tension between objectivity and subjectivity here seem to be represented by a conflict between commerce and art. We may experience the latter subjectively but our enjoyment may only allow for these symbols to be hijacked for exploitation by business. The symbols of 'cool' used to sell us fraught colonial images which only controlled art may unravel. A methodical journey into a systemised reality.

18. Amelio Nicotera's rating of the film The Limits of Control

19. Leif Erikson's rating of the film The Limits of Control

I understand. But I understand subjectively.

20. Christopher McQuain's rating of the film The Limits of Control

**** qualified: This is probably one of the least even Jarmusches I've seen -- a noble experiment that goes oddly wrong mostly near the beginning, where the music (never the film's strongest suit) is really overbearing and the MTV-montage-slo-mo effects stick out and dissipate the energy (presumably the opposite of the effect intended). But the ultimately laconic existential(ist) beauty truly does transcend.

21. ΣebaΣIB's rating of the film The Limits of Control

Jarmusch non si esprime a riguardo, ma che sia un film "di pure sensazioni" atto a smontare il "controllo" dello spettatore o che sia una metafora della ricerca del vero controllo, ovvero l'eliminazione di ogni nostro esercizio di controllo, risulta comunque pretenzioso e a volte fastidioso. Controlla sto cazzo

22. Morris Bros.'s rating of the film The Limits of Control

23. A47's rating of the film The Limits of Control

"Among us, there are those who are not among us." The anti-action film to be hung in a gallery; a movie to be projected in a modern art museum. A post-narrative narrative. Enjoyed the score, the imagery, and every event felt right in place. Damn-near pure form.

24. Jimmi HRS's rating of the film The Limits of Control

The most enigmatic and arbitrary film I've seen by Jarmusch. Following the slow sort of pace that Jarmusch is known for but without the magic that his characters usually have at engrossing an audience. I found the film very frustrating and it left many questions unanswered. I gave it three stars for Christopher Doyle's beautiful cinematography.

← Previous 1 3 4 5