1. DenoResandono's rating of the film The Lion in Winter

A story about dysfunctional family of King Henry II during Christmas 1183. Peter O'Toole gave an unforgettable-powerful performance as King Henry II. Too bad he didn't get an Oscar for this. Katharine Hepburn also gave an cynical, frantic, and amazing performance as Eleanor of Aquitaine. John Barry's haunting score made this movie looks chilling. We can see Timothy Dalton and Anthony Hopkins in their first movie role

2. G. Thomas Esmay's rating of the film The Lion in Winter

7/10. A comedy of backstabbing & royal intrigue set against the backdrop of the Christmas holiday. I'm never 100% sure that the film is self aware of its thoroughly ridiculous moments, but I enjoy them nonetheless. The cast is given tremendous verbal ammunition in the form of line after line of venomous insults--and nobody delivers them more wickedly than Katharine Hepburn.

3. Kyle Knapp's rating of the film The Lion in Winter

Hepburn and Hopkins are both magnificent, though O'Toole tries a little bit too hard. The film inhabits its period so well; it looks right, and despite some (deliberate) anachronisms, none of the characters have the modern attitudes so often pasted onto films like this.

4. Cinema Omnivore's rating of the film The Lion in Winter

6/10, my review: http://wp.me/p1eXom-1Zd

5. dianacrisan01's rating of the film The Lion in Winter

6. Jugu Abraham's rating of the film The Lion in Winter

A film of stunning performances, delightful jugglery of words (playwright John Goldman) and a very deserving Oscar-winning musical score of John Barry.The problems of the film--anachronisms in spoken words of the play. Syphilis was not known in 1183 AD, at least by that name. Queen Eleanor's son could not have "seen" her "pictures" when she was young. And there is not a drop of blood, But the film is amazing.

7. João Biscaia's rating of the film The Lion in Winter

At the same time the most real and the most fake historical film I've ever seen.

8. Steven Dawson's rating of the film The Lion in Winter

The acting, the setting, THE MUSIC. Brilliant. My only reservation was the dialogue. It felt a bit too modern to me a times (maybe a stylistic choice?) and the characters kept using words and phrases that just didn't fit and brought me out of the film. I get the feeling this will benefit from a rewatch sometime soon.

9. Knut Morte's rating of the film The Lion in Winter

This film is so brilliant enjoy, now i want to watch Becket!

10. Joe Zaydon's rating of the film The Lion in Winter

The single greatest film ever made about politics.

11. kartina obskura's rating of the film The Lion in Winter

There's everything in life, but hope

12. Partner in der Kriminalität's rating of the film The Lion in Winter

Story- great, cinematography- great, score- great, acting- great, dialogue, awful. In my opinion the dialogue was to new if that makes sense. Still a decent film tho.

13. Alex Vizitiu's rating of the film The Lion in Winter

This is the kind of movie i wish had never ended. The dialogue and the complexity of the characters, was so enchanting that time seemed to pass much too quickly.

14. cinemaofdreams's rating of the film The Lion in Winter

Witty, acerbic, wholly engrossing. O'Toole was the perfect compliment to Hepburn. The medieval dysfunctional family at its best.

15. Roscoe's rating of the film The Lion in Winter

Good fun, mainly. The incredible chemistry between Hepburn and O'Toole is like nothing in movies, they are a joy to behold.