1. David Grillo's rating of the film The Little Match Girl

What is a world without fantasy without the phantoms of mortal wounds, snowballs and human kindness? A narration covers the world in sadness while the cold can cause shame. A fantasy about being beaten down by the world and images which escape, a dream like a sudden cloud and a chase through the heavens. Such beauty permitted by the world, christmas is a looking glass you don't even have to mention that its there.

2. Lynch/Fellini's rating of the film The Little Match Girl

Jean Renoir's film is romantically tragic, and absolutely beautiful!

3. RoRoRoro's rating of the film The Little Match Girl

4. Algitya's rating of the film The Little Match Girl

. The cross-over before it was realized, from the man of the visions.

5. El Biffo's rating of the film The Little Match Girl

A silent film, and a sweet tragedy. One of my favorite films by Renoir (I have others!), perhaps because of the toys...

6. Surrender Dorothy's rating of the film The Little Match Girl

7. This is Jake Kath's rating of the film The Little Match Girl

Is there a more perfect adaption? For me, no. This is the movie that Guy Maddin has been ripping off for his entire career (maddin is my favorite director). Here's a beautiful case where visual imperfection is made powerful and if there's one director to bring such a thing to screen, its Renoir. Nicely done, enchanting, and incredibly moving.

8. Greg S.'s rating of the film The Little Match Girl

Starts as a socially conscious tale (one that takes place in snow globe) of a downtrodden protagonist, detailing her hardships. We're then swept up the into a sequence of childlike freedom where we take pleasure simply in our hero exploring. Finally the film bursts into a fantasy adventure that rivals 'The Thief of Baghdad'. This is all done in 30 mins. Considered a minor film, but I think its a grand achievement.

9. ‏ㅤ's rating of the film The Little Match Girl

10. Francisco R.'s rating of the film The Little Match Girl

One of the very best shorts I've seen.