1. lazycalm's rating of the film The Little Mermaid

Simply the best version of The Little Mermaid I've ever seen. It's dark and heartwrenching that I almost wept near the end. There was no fancy CGI, only dramatic costumes and lavish headpieces. I really liked the color palette (everything is blue and submarine xD), combined with the sirenic song, it created a mythical atmosphere. The Safránková sisters were great, too. Miroslava Safránková was believable as ...

2. Lynch/Fellini's rating of the film The Little Mermaid

I haven't seen the live action Soviet version yet, but I think that I can safely say this is the definitive version of Hans Christian Anderson's fable.

3. tomohartono's rating of the film The Little Mermaid

Very unique take on The Little Mermaid. Loves the costume.

4. bartkl's rating of the film The Little Mermaid

After getting used to some of the tedious ceremonial stuff and giggling girls -it is a fairytale after all- I kind of liked this dark and more adult adaptation of The Little Mermaid. The blue, surreal undersea palace, dreamy slowmotion scenes and the beautiful shots of glittering sea surfaces all add up to the authentic style of this film. Even though it might be just a bit too fairytalish for me it's certainly nice.

5. Max E's rating of the film The Little Mermaid

Best iteration of The Little Mermaid on film barring the Russian animated film. Dark but soft and dreamy amazing visuals, cinematography and costuming and makeup. Interesting flourishes and changes to the basic story but they are all smartly done and add further depth instead of just adding nonsense or added drama. Very much recommended.

6. Rewinda Omar's rating of the film The Little Mermaid

7. Graham Duncan Hill's rating of the film The Little Mermaid

Very surreal and dark. The best version I've seen though Rusalochka comes close. Great visuals and soundtrack. It shows that mermaids are terrible people, worse than dolphins. http://youtu.be/U7oXVdkl-SY It's on Youtube.

8. nayna's rating of the film The Little Mermaid

9. candt's rating of the film The Little Mermaid

Before I watched it, I thought it was going to be another generic retelling of The Little Mermaid, but I was pleasantly surprised. This film is simply enchanting, with a beautiful score, and a great performance by Miroslava Safránková. There is more focus on the character of the Little Mermaid, and it is not simply a love story.

10. Pouya G. Asadi's rating of the film The Little Mermaid

Please you all, do me a favor by watching this one..soundtrack is out on finders keepers records also

11. PrincessofNevermore797's rating of the film The Little Mermaid