1. Kaspars Kursiss's rating of the film The Lives of Others

A film that haunts me ever since I saw it as teenager.

2. Marv1n's rating of the film The Lives of Others

3. Maïna's rating of the film The Lives of Others

4. Sérgio Guedelha's rating of the film The Lives of Others

5. wiwitaek's rating of the film The Lives of Others

I am speechless. This is gold.

6. aurkihnowe's rating of the film The Lives of Others

A good (wo)man is hard to find...be one, instead...

7. msmichel's rating of the film The Lives of Others

Oscar winning film marked the debut of director Von Donnersmarck (who has yet to make another worthy film) whose fantastic scripting and fine realization of the time period made an impact. Casting was exceptional especially Ulrich Muhe and Sebastian Koch.

8. steve's rating of the film The Lives of Others

9. Rui's rating of the film The Lives of Others

Outstanding at conveying the "feel" of east german state security, blended in with an engaging plot. Important film.

10. Roman2's rating of the film The Lives of Others

I have already seen this film before and Oh How I love to hear German After French!!! Exceptional German Psychological Thriller- Taut, Suspenseful and Searing. I highly recommend it. My review is short because I saw it three years ago. Guten Tag!!!!! I cannot due the German accent on the U on my Cpmputer!!!

11. João Valadão's rating of the film The Lives of Others

12. Naoya Kugimiya's rating of the film The Lives of Others

13. Annie Gentil-Kraatz's rating of the film The Lives of Others

A great insight into East Germany and the intrusive way information services monitored the lives of its citizens...

14. dordairobert's rating of the film The Lives of Others

15. Adam Whybray's rating of the film The Lives of Others

A sensible, thematically mature film which I really don't like because in its schematic depiction of human life it can't help but implicitly fall down on the side of the Stasi. Daily-lived life is in the messy, inexplicable details and chance moments which tight, Robert McKee-endorsed scripting can't help but neglect. IMHO 'The Lives of Others' needed to be a scream against complacency, not an articulated statement.

16. belemir's rating of the film The Lives of Others

17. Aditya Watts's rating of the film The Lives of Others

Yuck really? So fake. Emotionally and Intellectually vapid.

18. jkristianl's rating of the film The Lives of Others

19. anacecil's rating of the film The Lives of Others

Me encantó !!! Terrible ver el espionaje de la Cortina de Hierro de esa época. La oscura vida del personaje central y su interés por la vida de los que espía hace de esta película, una trama muy interesante.

20. Wee Hunk's rating of the film The Lives of Others

Although he wasn't nominated for an Oscar, Ulrich Muhe was the best actor for 2007. It may be one of the best performances I've ever seen. He died while the director of this movie was in the process of sending him his Oscar. Tom Cruise came to his funeral.

21. liaaaxu's rating of the film The Lives of Others

cried alone in Florence after watching this

22. MistaRichard's rating of the film The Lives of Others

Really intricate and well thought out plot. Also, the longest director's name I've seen ever.

23. Luca Soldati's rating of the film The Lives of Others

La trama è interessante e sviluppata con intelligenza. Bel parallelismo fra la spia Gerd e lo spettatore nell'osservare lo scrittore. Gerd vive la sua vita da spettatore. Veramente un bel personaggio. Ambientazione ben fatta e che dà un forte senso di insicurezza, essendo dominata dalla diffidenza. Bellissimo finale. Ottima regia che ritma bene il racconto e gli dà una forte impronta emotiva.Attori veramente in forma

24. Blueangel33's rating of the film The Lives of Others

Nerve wracking and captivating. A deep portrait of human motivation. I loved it.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7