1. Erik F.'s rating of the film The Loneliness of the Long Distance Runner

2. Carlos Tejeda's rating of the film The Loneliness of the Long Distance Runner

Artículo ("Cuadernos de jazz"): http://www.carlostejeda.com/2009_04_15_archive.html

3. anschyn's rating of the film The Loneliness of the Long Distance Runner

smith is literally my spirit animal

4. Superfrog's rating of the film The Loneliness of the Long Distance Runner

What I managed to catch is worth much praise. The characters and their interactions ring true. Shame I could not finish it as my Mubi download corrupted itself.

5. ajdehany's rating of the film The Loneliness of the Long Distance Runner

The class position of improved living standards post-WW2 but still no real power, and the ruling class apparatus essentially intact, this is the key to the ironic decision the story pivots on.

6. Kevin Matthews's rating of the film The Loneliness of the Long Distance Runner

A great central performance from Tom Courtenay anchors this tale of endurance and defiance. Well worth your time.

7. First Lady Dré's rating of the film The Loneliness of the Long Distance Runner

8. Terry saunders's rating of the film The Loneliness of the Long Distance Runner

Of its time but still very modern and fresh. Never sure if Colin Smith is likeable or not, but he's certainly compelling. The end sequence is masterful

9. keithinhull@gmail.com's rating of the film The Loneliness of the Long Distance Runner

Its been a few years since I last saw this film Still looks good and its message certainly not dated

10. Steve G.'s rating of the film The Loneliness of the Long Distance Runner

Mo Farah's opponents should make him watch this before a race if they really want to stand a chance.

11. SiIencio's rating of the film The Loneliness of the Long Distance Runner

Despite its strong political credentials and the realist feel in tune with the idiosyncracies of the era, Richardson's take on class struggle seems pretty naive half a century later. Arguably outdated at a time when normalisation of The Four Horsemen of Capitalism has taken place, the film seems too candid (even in its own acting) to have survived as a banner for political critique despite that not much has changed.

12. Anita G's rating of the film The Loneliness of the Long Distance Runner

This film should be on the curriculum of all schools everywhere.

13. JL's rating of the film The Loneliness of the Long Distance Runner

It might seem from a different era for today's viewer, but the tensions that run strong beneath the surface of this film as applicable today as they were then. Tom Courtenay, as everyone says, is excellent.

14. Leon Berrange's rating of the film The Loneliness of the Long Distance Runner

Never seen this before, and it jumped right into my all-time favourites list. So relevant once again in troubled 2016, and so understated and hard-hitting. Cinematically gorgeous, great wit and charm as well as superb and economical characterisation in the script, and brilliant performances throughout. Wonderful pace, never a dull moment.

15. Lewis Taylor's rating of the film The Loneliness of the Long Distance Runner

Two fingers aloft to the establishment, smirk barely concealed. That final scene! A beautiful, electrifying act of defiance. This is a remarkable film, trembling with iron spirit, bristling with fury, and above all, a revitalising tonic to the stiff, dour British cinema of old.

16. Tytus's rating of the film The Loneliness of the Long Distance Runner

17. Life Is So Hard's rating of the film The Loneliness of the Long Distance Runner

Definitely got a bit of Holden Caulfield in him.

18. alimcintyre's rating of the film The Loneliness of the Long Distance Runner

Speaking as a bit of a rebel from the 1960s there is no surprise that I connected with this!

19. James's rating of the film The Loneliness of the Long Distance Runner

I had a mate who ended up in boarstal for dealing weed, he was a alright, I couldn't have handled it being a sensitive soul, I went to a cheap boarding school instead, fucked me up just as bad. 'If' and The Lonelinesss of the Long Distance Runner' are two sides of the same coin if you ask me, which you didn't.

20. anwoody's rating of the film The Loneliness of the Long Distance Runner

Great period piece with pertinent 1960s themes. Not quite a Ken Loach or Saturday Night...as the comic sped-up scenes lighten the mood. Is flawed in places though: I have trouble taking the painful almost uncoordinated running seriously, and grown men playing teenagers never works for me.

21. redux's rating of the film The Loneliness of the Long Distance Runner

Won't play by your rules, whatever the price.

22. Ariel Rowan's rating of the film The Loneliness of the Long Distance Runner

all i want now is to run through birches and mud

23. Arf's rating of the film The Loneliness of the Long Distance Runner

montaggio finale incredibile mio dio che potenza

24. Aardsy's rating of the film The Loneliness of the Long Distance Runner