1. Eric Eidelstein's rating of the film The Long Day Closes

You know a film is some sort of a masterpiece when you're moved to tears during a school lice check scene.

2. Bekriah Mawasi's rating of the film The Long Day Closes

Beautiful symmetric frames and cinematic work but I'm not so much into musicals, which plays an integral role in weaving the plot here. I felt sorta detached. There's this specific scene when daylight dances on a carpet while a rhapsody plays in the background of this eventless film.

3. João Portalegre's rating of the film The Long Day Closes

it's way too personal and deals with a childhood very different from mine, mainly because of the time period it takes place in, yet it's something I'd love to have made. it's also got one of the best tracking shots I've ever seen, as simple as it is.

4. Arthur Freitas's rating of the film The Long Day Closes

Maybe one of the most lovely, personal films I ever see.

5. Muraki's rating of the film The Long Day Closes

i don't enjoy terence davis directing style.

6. Sean Patrick Stevens's rating of the film The Long Day Closes

Rewarding if you're in the mood for impressionistic contemplative meditation on childhood. However it's also got an obtuse vibe since it's highly personal maybe best for Sunday viewing when you're by yourself?!

7. Will Carnes's rating of the film The Long Day Closes

Along with DISTANT VOICES, STILL LIVES, this is Davies' great poetic coming-of-age story. I'll always remember its long tracking shot from the boy's front stoop, through a movie theatre, down a church aisle, and into a school.

8. Diogo Pires's rating of the film The Long Day Closes

Um jogo de referências e uma viagem pela memória Terence Davies.

9. Illusion Travels By Streetcar's rating of the film The Long Day Closes

"There's no MGM musical scored to a gay romance, you know?" http://illusionpodcast.blogspot.com/2014/09/episode-30-first-terence-davies-episode.html

10. Dan's rating of the film The Long Day Closes

It's difficult to admit not enjoying a film so fantastically crafted and in love with cinema as Davies' film is. Although it's as gorgeous and intense as a nostalgia can be, it might just be how personal and specific these memories are that prevented me from connecting with any of it.

11. filmcapsule's rating of the film The Long Day Closes

Like a memory so delicate if you blow it away the whole film-spell would disappear on the wind. Memory, for Davies (as well as for Resnais), isn't so much a hazy mental state as a true physical space, a room you can inhabit and walk around in, with a particular density to the air, a particular echo of sound and an inescapably timelessness.

12. F.Bieberkopf's rating of the film The Long Day Closes

I liked it quite all right. But I was often reminded of Victor Erice's 'El sur' and that was a masterpiece.

13. CarlosEsquives's rating of the film The Long Day Closes

Davies es tal vez el mejor director británico de la historia del cine. A pesar que este filme sigue siendo formal y estéticamente símiles a sus anteriores, su esencia está renovada y parece inagotable. El tiempo aquí es confuso ¿remembranza o presente? Es también onírico. Davies promueve una obra coral a la memoria y al cine (que también es memoria). Es un maestro de la luz, conservador y vanguardista. Fascinante.

14. Yasser Azmy's rating of the film The Long Day Closes

15. Chumlum's rating of the film The Long Day Closes

The flow here is delicious, and ultimately satisfying.

16. 849025's rating of the film The Long Day Closes

17. Arshi Rai's rating of the film The Long Day Closes

18. Andrei Rus's rating of the film The Long Day Closes

The tone of this film reminded me a lot of my own childhood moods. I think that for me only Victor Erice's "El espiritu de la colmena" and "El sur" would be comparable in that aspect. I just discovered a few days ago how great Terence Davies' films are, and since then I can't believe I haven't got to see them earlier. Anyway, they gave me shivers of pleasure in the past hours.

19. Roscoe's rating of the film The Long Day Closes

A marvelous, magical, moving autobiographical film that does what TREE OF LIFE thought it did.

20. Evnad's rating of the film The Long Day Closes

A perfect meditation on the innocence and struggles of childhood. Davies proves that he has a great sense of home and community in this movie. The majesty of this film gives me comfort as I was terribly disappointed with Davies' latest film.

21. Luiz Nascimento's rating of the film The Long Day Closes

Powerful film, search the essence !

22. EastyBoy's rating of the film The Long Day Closes

I loved some of the songs in this film :)

23. Danny Kana's rating of the film The Long Day Closes

A beautiful film, but I wasn't as connected to Bud and the story as I wish I could of been. The rapid dissolves and use of sound are brilliant in the beginning, but as the film grew on, I became tired of them.

24. House 0f Leaves's rating of the film The Long Day Closes

"With a gray background, the film fuses clips and audio from classic movies into Bud’s dreary childhood and brings it to life with an elegance Bach would bring to your home movies." Love love love. Cinema!