1. lidiishere's rating of the film The Look of Silence

heartbreaking and haunting

2. r u f o's rating of the film The Look of Silence

3. Faustgelopoulos's rating of the film The Look of Silence

Joshua Oppenheimer´s secuel to "The Act Of Killing", shows us how the people affected by this genocide had to deal with this. The director shows us the "silence" of the people. Its incompressible, even today, that something like this may have happened. I (as a viewer) would like to believe that this is mere fiction, Oppenheimer places this crude reality in the most striking way.

4. Arthur Freitas's rating of the film The Look of Silence

Unconfortably essential viewing, THE LOOK OF SILENCE is not just a companion piece to (equally essential) THE ACT OF KILLING. Is a masterwork of urgency and humanity.

5. steeeeellaaaaa (Iulia N)'s rating of the film The Look of Silence

intended as a followup to the act of killing, this one is more subtle and quiet, more heart-breaking and with a hint of hope, if that makes any sense...

6. Laura O'Brien's rating of the film The Look of Silence

A perspective piece, this documentary is often described as empathic. We are put into the shoes of the family as they seek closure? Retribution? The confusion and grief of those who have experienced such atrocities can evolve, and we are given the opportunity to experience the aftermath of their suffering. This glimpse helps us contemplate the emotions of the victims of genocide.

7. Kyle Carpenter's rating of the film The Look of Silence

This film is an interesting and important story about history untold. The society depicted clearly has had their facts politically skewed, and without this film this information would have never been known to me. Potentially dangerous and culturally relevant, this film breaks the "silence" and exposes the tragedies that befell innocent peoples a single generation ago.

8. smndvdcl's rating of the film The Look of Silence

As an extension of 'The Act Of Killing', it is fascinating if not as compelling and challenging as its first chapter. For those that appreciated Oppenheimer's daring first documentary, this is more than worth the watch.

9. Jérémy Poirier's rating of the film The Look of Silence

A fascinating and terrifying sequel to "The Act of Killing" : an other fascinating and terrifying film. I still can't believe all of it is true. "The Act of Forgiving" could have been a great title too.

10. eleventries's rating of the film The Look of Silence

11. miniemi's rating of the film The Look of Silence

12. Superfrog's rating of the film The Look of Silence

Much more of documentary than the first part, it does well in treating the subject and as a piece of film.

13. Thomas Dods's rating of the film The Look of Silence

Absolutely devastating documentary. The framing of the narrative where Adi confronts the perpetrators of the Indonesian holocaust is a perfect way to confront the material and the history. The lack of remorse amongst these people is unbelievable - I don't recall Nazi concentration camp guards being depicted as this callous.

14. TZUHSIEN TANG's rating of the film The Look of Silence

15. V.S. Luoma-aho's rating of the film The Look of Silence

Regret? Remorse? Shame? If there is any to be had from the killers, you can't see it, not really. Even if one wished for it, even if one thought to catch a glimpse of it. This is perhaps the greatest piece of cinema about the true banality of evil: the repression, the indifference, the random on/off (a)morality. The return of the repressed gives pause only to us, the viewers. The victors themselves won't analyse.

16. Ayinde Anderson's rating of the film The Look of Silence

Been looking to watch this for a couple years now and it did not disappoint! Very disturbing

17. Peđa's rating of the film The Look of Silence

Devastating.. Just when you think there's nothing more left, one more circle of hell opens. At the end of the film, one of genocide leaders says: "Well, that's life on earth". Yes, hell is a place on earth and we are living in it.

18. marinos@agxivatein.com's rating of the film The Look of Silence

So fucking rough and true it breaks your heart in pieces.

19. patríciapinho's rating of the film The Look of Silence

it's almost hard to remember this actually happened and isn't just a piece of fiction. i was particularly shocked bc i have yet to watch the act of killing

20. Marcelo Fornari's rating of the film The Look of Silence

Different perspective but very powerful as well. Companion piece to The Act of Killing.

21. ARNMG's rating of the film The Look of Silence

act of killing gördüğüm en overrated filmlerden birisiydi. gayet ciddi olması gereken bir konuyu, vıcık vıcık kabare üslubüyla şekilcilik yaparak anlatılıyordu. ikinci filmde ise en azından sessizlik anları katılmış, ana hikaye sorgucusuyla beraber ilerleyerek ,dramatik ilişkiler kurulmuş. ama hala dağınık ilerliyor.. erol morris ve werner herzogun yapımcısı olduğu filmler iyi pazarlanıyor olabilir ama hala kötü...

22. THE APOLL0's rating of the film The Look of Silence

Sibling film to The Act of Killing. Horrifying in the complete banality of the murderers and their place in society.

23. pandakuma's rating of the film The Look of Silence

the bloody reenactment makes my heart bleed.

24. IsmailBakry's rating of the film The Look of Silence

the perspective of the victims didn't actually have that schocking effect the “The Act of Killing” had on me. these long pauses of silent stares were far too many.

← Previous 1 3 4