1. HKFanatic's rating of the film The Lost Boys

Having only caught bits and pieces of this movie on cable over the years, I long assumed that Jason Patric was the film's point-of-view character. One of the pleasant surprises of catching this on the big screen (in 35mm!) was finding out we follow plucky teen Corey Haim and his comic book-loving buds as they take on Santa Carla's vampire menace, like an "R"-rated spin on "The Monster Squad." A real crowd pleaser.

2. Mattia Ricotta's rating of the film The Lost Boys

3. muh.'s rating of the film The Lost Boys

'tis the eighties, you either love them or you don't. And I do.

4. FISCHER's rating of the film The Lost Boys

On peut se laisser mordre... www.cinefiches.com

5. Nick Schwab's rating of the film The Lost Boys

When I was a teen, I dug the humor of Haim & the Frog brothers plot thread, which now I think is a cute sorta funny, if very childish. Now, twice the age that I first saw it, the scenes with Patric joining the gang-- most of it flamboyant and memorable, and dare if I even say, quite mature-- paired with Schumacher's stylishly lush direction had me in awe. Too bad the silliness of the Haim tone reigns in the last act.

6. astygianelysium's rating of the film The Lost Boys

A carnival of hysterics whose emotional dual core is provided by Diane Wiest, as uncanny glitchy-hippy mother, and Corey Haim's candy-apple innocence.

7. xer vokun's rating of the film The Lost Boys

So much style and potential but plot-wise left me hanging

8. Aaron Dillenbeck's rating of the film The Lost Boys

The practical effects are spot on!! The Lost Boys is a time capsule for 80's horror movies and brings the schlock and comedy they are so known for with riviting results.

9. Ethan's rating of the film The Lost Boys

This is a fun little vampire flick but it's nowhere near as good as Near Dark.

10. Arf's rating of the film The Lost Boys

11. Nolan Barth's rating of the film The Lost Boys

This movie personifies the 80s and I still can't tell if that's a good thing or a bad thing... This movie is a fun campy, schlock filled adventure. I can't figure out if the best part of this movie is Kiefer Sutherland or the shirtless, oiled saxophone player... This movie hasn't aged well and is starting to come apart at the seams. I remember loving this movie, but looking back at it the film has a lot of flaws...

12. DarleenisHOME!'s rating of the film The Lost Boys

Culte et Romantique. Le film des cool kids de la décennie 80

13. Spurcatu's rating of the film The Lost Boys

I expected a lot more depth to the characters, especially David but in the end it has been revealed to me why were they so insignificant throughout the movie. A classical example of good guy gone bad and gone good again

14. Mark O. Stack's rating of the film The Lost Boys

Near Dark + homoeroticism = a good time

15. kris's rating of the film The Lost Boys

Classic late 80's film with great soundtrack, ultimately this is a teenage vampire film with gore, laughs, love and scares.

16. James Roth's rating of the film The Lost Boys

"Death by stereo!" Delightfully 80's with a plot that chugged along rapidly and excitingly. Lots of great one liners and a fun film all round.

17. cinegeek.de's rating of the film The Lost Boys

Die Lost Boys in diesem Film sind Vampire, Teenager Vampire - und ausserdem gibt es ein "Lost Girl", aber wozu erwähne ich sie überhaupt noch? Tagsüber schlafen die Vampire in ihrem Versteck, nachts sind sie unterwegs durch Santa Cruz (damals in den 80ern das Zentrum der Massenmorde in den USA)... Die ganze Rezension gibts auf cinegeek.de und dazu eine Film List mit den schönsten Horror Filmen der 80er! Viel Spass!

18. Lights in the Dusk's rating of the film The Lost Boys

A potential transformation of schlock vampire tale into a kind of Rebel Without a Cause variant on forbidden desire? For the protagonist, a choice between day-walking & night-stalking is a choice between the family (his conventional female love interest; a gypsy waif with child), or his more alluring vampire brethren. The rejection of one lifestyle for another illustrating the film's subtext of psychosexual angst?

19. Daniel Iván's rating of the film The Lost Boys

Frantic and intelligent. Pure rock and roll.

20. Zac Weber's rating of the film The Lost Boys

A cult concoction of tongue-in-cheek horror and deadpan humor. Corey Haim!

21. Richard Punch's rating of the film The Lost Boys

Beefy saxophone man for the win.

22. DaisyJ's rating of the film The Lost Boys

Whatever happened to Jason Patrick's career? He was awesome here.

23. Tiago Gonçalves's rating of the film The Lost Boys