1. Jeremiah Johnson's rating of the film The Lost Honor of Katharina Blum

Watched this in "Film Studies" class

2. CarlosEsquives's rating of the film The Lost Honor of Katharina Blum

Una protagonista en medio de una acusación. Al margen de sí Blum es cómplice o no, se va manifestando en la atmósfera social una suerte de prejuicio político. "El honor perdido..." pueda que en principio conste de una historia en donde la paranoia reina, muy a pesar, su tema central es a propósito de esos productores de la paranoia; la prensa. Dura crítica al cuarto poder en su forma amarillista, perversa, crapulenta

3. grotescsetorg's rating of the film The Lost Honor of Katharina Blum

4. Kelvin Thompson's rating of the film The Lost Honor of Katharina Blum

I think it's a basically stolid film, but I can't really bring myself to give it more than three stars. As a movie, I don't think it's ESPECIALLY evocative or complicated, narratively or aesthetically. The media robs people of their honor by turning them into what it accuses them of being. It's singularly a critique of deception and objectifying male lust. It's a solid, indistinct anti-system movie, basically.

5. Alexander Dunkelberger's rating of the film The Lost Honor of Katharina Blum

Relevant today as I’m sure it was then.

6. Cinema Omnivore's rating of the film The Lost Honor of Katharina Blum

7.1/10, my review: http://wp.me/p1eXom-2yK

7. Graveyard Poet's rating of the film The Lost Honor of Katharina Blum

Compelling, powerful performance from Angela Winkler in this grim observation on how the police and press can ruin an individual's life, especially if it's a woman.

8. James Mackin's rating of the film The Lost Honor of Katharina Blum

Dieter Laser, the guy from two of the Human Centipede movies, in in this. So that's nice.

9. Eric Sherwood's rating of the film The Lost Honor of Katharina Blum

absolutely thrilling. True love and paparazzi.

10. Gyseltrut's rating of the film The Lost Honor of Katharina Blum

An excellent adaptation of Böll's 1974 novel.

11. Dombl's rating of the film The Lost Honor of Katharina Blum

I really liked this movie about the methods of the gutter press and about the ignorance of the police. It is nearly as intensive as Boell's novel. Just remember the last words of Katharina, when the camera zooms to a close up of her face and she says: "Warum eigentlich den nicht auch?!" A great image!

12. lndah's rating of the film The Lost Honor of Katharina Blum

When #JeSuisCharlie got hyped these days, i cant help but to think about this film. It speaks in the eye of minority, how she died silently for nothing they called freedom of media

13. wmk's rating of the film The Lost Honor of Katharina Blum

I loved Mario Adorf in this.

14. Joseph Silva's rating of the film The Lost Honor of Katharina Blum

I love this film. Great German cinema of the 70's.

15. Ciprian David's rating of the film The Lost Honor of Katharina Blum

In meiner kleinen Welt bekam ich nach diesem Film richtig Lust auf Blutiger Freitag, ohne den zu kennen.

16. maddening cloud's rating of the film The Lost Honor of Katharina Blum

The epilogue, featuring a newspaper editor's near-fascist rant about defending 'freedom of speech' and 'diversity of opinions' begs the question: is invading into people's private lives and robbing them of their honour 'freedom of speech'? A brilliant film everyone should see.

17. PolarisDiB's rating of the film The Lost Honor of Katharina Blum

A West Germany every bit as police state and surveillance heavy as East Germany. The police invade your private life on the pretext of stopping anarchy or communism (instead of the East's anarchy and capitalism), and the press destroys you individually by using freedom of press (instead of the individual you being destroyed by the lack thereof). This is a very dry and unsubtle satire. --PolarisDiB

18. Sancar Seckiner's rating of the film The Lost Honor of Katharina Blum

19. Lee Bullitt's rating of the film The Lost Honor of Katharina Blum

watching this, I know there are people with nothing but scum and sleaze running through their veins, & you know that some of those people are so called Journalists. Just as bad, though, were those surrounding the DA's themselves. Katharina Blum faced the kind of smear campaign that no one of her working class status would ever dream they'd have to face. Every second of the film after it started I awaited her revenge.

20. Abdullah Kılınç's rating of the film The Lost Honor of Katharina Blum

21. Sumner Coy's rating of the film The Lost Honor of Katharina Blum

Really excellent- surpassed all my expectations. Brilliantly shot, scored and scripted, 70s West Germany is the perfect environment, both aesthetically and politically, for a film that displays the hypocrisies of far left and far right politics. The commentary on this and the impact of slander on human life, true or otherwise, is no less incisive or relevant today than it was thirty years ago.

22. Ben Henry's rating of the film The Lost Honor of Katharina Blum

I really liked this film. If this were re-done in the US, people would find the Blum's honor unbelievable. But I think a satirical piece about yellow journalism and the irony of fascist hating fascists is in order and has been for the last 10 years.