1. Warren Spratley's rating of the film The Love Parade

Lubitsch is so incredibly perceptive about people, & he is constant in his ability to represent such insights cinematically, as when Macdonald uses soap & sponge 2 wipe away her country's incessant concern for her marital status. But Lubitsch does not neglect other cultural politics 4 sexual politics. MacDonald is a bad queen, & those w/o rank or title remain vivacious once marriage has disfigured our leads' hearts.

2. FISCHER's rating of the film The Love Parade

Le plaisir de retrouver Maurice Chevalier dans les basques de Lubitsch... www.cinefiches.com

3. LeeRoy Turtledove's rating of the film The Love Parade

lubitsch is king of the subversive happy ending

4. Illusion Travels By Streetcar's rating of the film The Love Parade

"'We are SMART cinephiles!'" http://illusionpodcast.blogspot.com/2015/12/episode-82-cinema-masters-vol-xi.html

5. CarlosEsquives's rating of the film The Love Parade

Cómo es que la comedia "anticuada" de Lubitsch funciona hasta hoy en día. El inicio es lo mejor del filme. El director, fiel a sus personajes y tramas, retrata un romance sofisticado en dónde se manifiesta una guerra de los sexos. Los principales personajes de Lubitsch son femeninos. Estas son dominantes. El hombre sin darse cuenta pasa a ser un mero utensilio. El resultado pueda que sea un machismo a lo inverso.

6. Brendan's rating of the film The Love Parade

"Count Alfred, I understand you've been seriously involved in a disgraceful affair with a woman" "No, your majesty. With Several"

7. knockkneed's rating of the film The Love Parade

just another classic, unusual jump cuts

8. Duncan Gray's rating of the film The Love Parade

Never before did I realize how easily silent cinema could leap into a musical! The sound-recording technology is primitive here, but the way Lubitsch livens it up with highly visual gags is deft. The chief issue is the ending, where marital strife comes to an end when the woman agrees to accept her place—a disappointing turn from a director whose take on gender relations could often be years ahead of its time.

9. Cole Caudle's rating of the film The Love Parade

I love the opening of this film when Chevalier is caught by the jealous husband. The reveal of the drawer full of little pistols is one of my favourite examples of that much celebrated touch of Lubitsch's. Also the scene where Queen Louisa shows off her legs to her ministers is another favourite. Plus the beautiful example of indirection when . . . Oh hell I could go on and on.

10. 張大智's rating of the film The Love Parade

The perfect musical. Light, classy, and exquisitely risque'. I don't think this would have made it past the production code of 1930!

11. StellaWasaDiver's rating of the film The Love Parade

"S'most improper, but oh it's grand!" I loved the scenes with the Jacques (the footman) and Lulu (the chambermaid), especially "Let's Be Common." Not so keen on Chevalier's grinning.

12. Louise_Dietrich's rating of the film The Love Parade

"Attached to me from morning till- uh, from night till morning."

13. David Huxley's rating of the film The Love Parade

It doesn't hold up as well as I remembered upon seeing it for the first time many years ago. Still, it's light years ahead of almost every film made in 1929. Integrated musicals were so rare at the time, and Lubitsch's impeccable direction was clearly evident even in this, his first sound film. The editing in the marriage night scene is perfect, cutting back and forth between the newlyweds and the onlookers.

14. Jimmy Cline's rating of the film The Love Parade

Ah marriage. That endles power struggle between two individuals who "love one another". As usual, Lubitsch's Mise en Scene is majestic, his actors charming to the point of awkwardness, and his jokes are timeless. Really, Chevalier is whimsical. Truly, one of the first great musicals, or one of the few worth watching anyway.

15. Caitlin's rating of the film The Love Parade