1. postblueink's rating of the film The Lovers on the Bridge

7/10 (20. 07. 2017). here i took it all too close to my heart, i did`t like no one character. only lies and betrayal without true love about what so says in film. the last part from Trilogy about Alex with incredible Denis Lavant as alter-ago of Leo Carax.

2. Jugu Abraham's rating of the film The Lovers on the Bridge

As in any Carax film, the colors, cinematography, and importance of vision are paramount. The film is also important because it is based on his own original screenplay. The music is also well chosen. Great performances. The technical aspects are awesome, overshadowing the above-average plot.

3. Alex Pintică's rating of the film The Lovers on the Bridge

4. Murat Erdem's rating of the film The Lovers on the Bridge

Uzun zaman sonra bir filme aidim.

5. Ozu_Teapot's rating of the film The Lovers on the Bridge

6. Christopher McQuain's rating of the film The Lovers on the Bridge

7. Jason's rating of the film The Lovers on the Bridge

Cinema is clearly constantly being hatched in Carax's brain like a foam of bursting demonic dragon eggs. But this hyper-cerebral film-conceptualizer makes powerfully physical art. Denis Lavant is a big part of that. Has any actor ever used his body to commit such impossible acts of expression as Lavant does again and again for Carax? This is a big, brash, lurching bedlamite of a movie, and perfectly imperfect.

8. Luca's rating of the film The Lovers on the Bridge

9. Johnny Seeker's rating of the film The Lovers on the Bridge

This is not a romance, but rather it's a story of selfishness by both: the director and the character played by Denis Lavant. There is more hate than love!

10. ermete polpette's rating of the film The Lovers on the Bridge

11. choupinet's rating of the film The Lovers on the Bridge

Oh, this is still one of my favorite films. The visuals and over-all use of colors are amazing and breathtaking, the storyline is great and of course not to forget to mention the well chosen soundtracks that made me want to dance along.

12. David Sindmark Hörnfeldt's rating of the film The Lovers on the Bridge

It's too long but all of Carax films are too long.

13. Rustam Chartrand Mendeleev's rating of the film The Lovers on the Bridge

14. Balthaz21's rating of the film The Lovers on the Bridge

15. Violet Rien's rating of the film The Lovers on the Bridge

It has some interesting features, but do not wait to find a great film.

16. pezfelinoespia's rating of the film The Lovers on the Bridge

4.5 buenísima película... realmente me llego, más de lo que esperaba... hay partes donde el juego de cámaras mas la música más movimientos de los actores, hacen que estos instantes sean perfectos... muy bien logrado... realmente es una película que cualquier cinéfilo debe de ver

17. Mr. Marston's rating of the film The Lovers on the Bridge

18. Ben Peyton's rating of the film The Lovers on the Bridge

I ended up enjoying this a lot more than I thought I would. Juliette Binoche was amazing. All of the actors were amazing. And the way the city is shot is amazing. The night scenes were all particularly beautiful.

19. Landen Celano's rating of the film The Lovers on the Bridge

Carax's anarchistic tendencies are greater than the products he produces. That Binoche though...

20. mpho3's rating of the film The Lovers on the Bridge

Mixed feelings - I really liked the evolution from documentary-ish to fantastical, and I liked the unfolding of the story. In the first half I sympathized with the characters, but during the second hour I had a hard time getting past what awful people they were. No spoiler but I hated them so much I kept wishing it wouldn't have a happy ending. Who's to say if it did or not?

21. Ben Loory's rating of the film The Lovers on the Bridge

the great thing about finally having seen this is that i never have to see it again. carax is just one tiresome motherfucker. good fireworks scene though, i suppose.

22. David R Williams's rating of the film The Lovers on the Bridge

I heard this film was not well received. I do not understand that. A masterpiece. The very definition of Cinema. A must see.

23. Myles's rating of the film The Lovers on the Bridge

Vincent Canby gets it right: "This huge plywood cream puff of a movie...More exhausting than entertaining."

24. Omus's rating of the film The Lovers on the Bridge

It's a touch self-indulgent and very, very French. But it gets for stars for the gorgeous photography and the ferocious performances by Binoche and Lavant.