1. Eric Eidelstein's rating of the film The Lovers on the Bridge

My dreams sent me. People in dreams ought to call them when you wake up. Make life simpler. 'Hello, dreamed of you. Love woke me.'

2. Chlo2's rating of the film The Lovers on the Bridge

A very, very Parisian film. Pretentious, sulky, cliché, constantly feeling the need to rub its *artistness* in your face. A messy bunch of wannabe-poetic stereotypes (oh yes, fireworks and drunk people running around laughing, sentences about clouds, an impossible love that we certainly won't bother to put in any context, ça c'est de l'art). The pace is excruciating, and the two hours feel like eight.

3. smarla's rating of the film The Lovers on the Bridge

Croissant crumbs in our pubes, a dream

4. RoRoRoro's rating of the film The Lovers on the Bridge

5. Juan Javier's rating of the film The Lovers on the Bridge

6. Laura's rating of the film The Lovers on the Bridge

Beautifully emotive, full of intense imagery. 2/3's in, did feel a lag in the pace but recovered soon after. An experience.

7. shane.morgan1's rating of the film The Lovers on the Bridge

I read Roger Ebert's review and was quite startled to see him point to some plot-holes - for surely that is the point of a work like Les Amants Du Pont-Neuf. This is cinema liberated from the constraints of verisimilitude, cinema which makes full use of the formal properties unique to the medium (I think of Bunuel's writing on cinema as poetry) - feelings as fireworks; love as a dance; freedom as water, tumultuous.

8. TZUHSIEN TANG's rating of the film The Lovers on the Bridge

9. knockkneed's rating of the film The Lovers on the Bridge

there's so much i dislike about this film, but its cocktail of passion, desperation, and isolation can elicit strong feelings and memories. the acting and experimental edits are immaculate in their technique, and the sound design perhaps even moreso.

10. Feellikeanumber's rating of the film The Lovers on the Bridge

10/10 This time Carax choosed substance over style. And yes, it pays-off. A love story - fierce and beautiful, scary and depressing, dangerous. Harsh realism depicted with a great skill of a great (I’m not afraid of this word) director. Both Lavant and Binoche a simply magnificent. P.S. Pont-Neuf as a place of power for Carax, it is present in all of his feature films!

11. Stefano Campagna's rating of the film The Lovers on the Bridge

12. Henrique Barbosa Justini's rating of the film The Lovers on the Bridge

carax pensa o amor como um espaço fechado, em que os amantes tem de conviver fabricando seus próprios artifícios de maneira harmônica. até caminhar embriagado requer uma porção de intimidade, um esforço quase impossível para evitar que a imagem do outro não queime.

13. alessandrofarris001's rating of the film The Lovers on the Bridge

Carax kicks it out of the ballpark with this imperfect masterpiece. Binoche and Lavant are fearless as usual in this expressionistic romance; the fireworks scene might just be cinematic perfection. Pure feelings from start to finish!

14. (efe) ni's rating of the film The Lovers on the Bridge

15. Leif Erikson's rating of the film The Lovers on the Bridge

The people in your dreams; you should call them when you're awake. It would make life simpler. "Hello, I dreamed of you.", "Love woke me."

16. jaelaah's rating of the film The Lovers on the Bridge

Strong performances, exceptional cinematography and some truly creative direction makes this film the classic it is generally renowned to be.

17. croissant massage's rating of the film The Lovers on the Bridge

Beautiful and slightly tedious, just like love (or so I assume. I've never experienced it, which is probably why I loved it) Gorgeous nighttime cinematography. As expected, Denis Levant dances in the street

18. angeldromero's rating of the film The Lovers on the Bridge

The bridge in between Heaven and Hell. Chaotic love, supreme love, healing love, blinding love, ecstatic love, unforgiving love, raw love. The fireworks sequence might be one of my favorite moments in Cinema's history.

19. _shalashaska_'s rating of the film The Lovers on the Bridge

20. †. Kennedy Pope's rating of the film The Lovers on the Bridge

You can't take your eyes off of Binoche and Lavant. Just a testament to how tragic love can be. Great film.

21. Sol Petchorine's rating of the film The Lovers on the Bridge

22. lbunuel's rating of the film The Lovers on the Bridge

Léos Carax delves into the realm of pure cinema. His artifice is so bold and huge that the film doesn't emulate reality: it overcomes it, it becomes its own cosmos. It's simply astonishing that Carax was able to pull off a film of such power. This is one of the greatest love stories ever told on Cinema, on the level of Murnau's Sunrise & Vigo's L'Atalante (the clearest reference here, by the way)

23. r u f o's rating of the film The Lovers on the Bridge