1. Alex Pintică's rating of the film The Lure

2. Rafael Zen's rating of the film The Lure

Twilight meets Little Mermaid meets LaLa Land: some ideas should definitely remain on paper. It's not the surrel and awkward plot, it's how little Smoczynska does with all the genres. Frankenstein cinema done poorly - but trying at the same time to be cool and innovating. I get why this fooled younger audiences: it's a visual trip for sure, but the trip takes us nowhere.

3. Elena's rating of the film The Lure

oddly immersive even though there wasn't a narrative structure. love the idea of having sirens star in a musical.

4. Andy Okta's rating of the film The Lure

5. érzéki's rating of the film The Lure

6. matheus's rating of the film The Lure

a good way to reuse an old tale

7. Diego Ravazzolo's rating of the film The Lure

Brilliant debut from Agnieszka Smoczyńska. The myth of the mermaid inserted in the contemporary world is represented in a very interesting way. It's a gore, freaky, stylish and absolutely fucked up musical.

8. Nick Schwab's rating of the film The Lure

A visually sumptuous musical with lavish, if too many, song-and-dance numbers, making the traditional narrative thin, only containing depth in the songs' lyrics for characterization, dramatic layers, and a deeper meaning: the mermaids are lured by humankind's 'siren song', akin to the humans by theirs. This does make the actual drama feel like it's playing out under glass, but its aesthetic and oddity are enticing.

9. HAD!L's rating of the film The Lure

fun & very well made...there's something very Amelie about it, but in a dark and twisted manner

10. msmichel's rating of the film The Lure

Smoczynska's feature debut impresses with its original mix of the macabre, movie musical, superstition and midnight movie bizarreness. The film is often entertaining but also has a confrontational element that makes the viewer ill-at-ease quite often. Visually arresting throughout. A cult film begging discovery.

11. Carlos Filipe Freitas's rating of the film The Lure

The positive thing is that I've never lost the interest in the story, no matter how ridiculous or insane it was. (3.5 stars)

12. Il secondo maestro del revolver's rating of the film The Lure

13. Dries's rating of the film The Lure

Se come me amate il weird questa è tappa obbligatoria ! E poi, o volemo dì ?? Ma quanto so fregne ste due ???????????????? O_O

14. the_mentaculus's rating of the film The Lure

While it is undeniably flawed in places, this Polish-mermaid-horror-musical hooked me from its opening moments, and kept me absolutely enthralled. In keeping with a filmed musical, the story and its characters embrace the fantastic as real - there is a grotesquerie in this beauty, some true magic beyond the gaudy neon artifice and arid city streets. We could all use some of that. I'd watch it again in a heartbeat.

15. f-nanda's rating of the film The Lure

I wish it'd be better than it actually is. A little slow at times but still entertainment. I was really hoping and expecting the foam scene, and I loved it! It was really well done. #mermaidsquad

16. Robert H. Stevens's rating of the film The Lure

A film with few parallels to draw from. An entertaining, mystifying, confusing and horrifying concoction. It's definitely the best horror mermaid musical I've ever seen, likely because it's the only one I've ever seen. Definitely watch it if you have the opportunity. There's never a dull moment.

17. Henri de Corinth's rating of the film The Lure

"...a mermaid sheds no tears, and therefore suffers so much more." -Hans Christian Andersen

18. choupinet's rating of the film The Lure

Well, a number of people walked out of the cinema before the movie finished. I was definitely amused throughout the movie.

19. LauraPalmer's rating of the film The Lure

a polish musical influenced by Zulawski about two creepy and beautiful mermaids.

20. alix breda's rating of the film The Lure

phenomenal and sensual gothic musical about mermaids w a touch of zulawski.

21. Siaudebert's rating of the film The Lure

22. Azul B.'s rating of the film The Lure

i don't care the comments or the rating, i totally liked this, like, a polish musical with two mermaid sisters that also eat humans, who wouldn't enjoy this??

23. mciszczon's rating of the film The Lure

The problem with “The Lure” is that it's really well done film. Visually very attractive, with great music, choreography and so on. But at the same time I feel it really has n o t h i n g to say at all.

24. Ilona Buffet's rating of the film The Lure

Very fragmented story, cool songs though