1. Ozu_Teapot's rating of the film The Magician

2. Carlos Tejeda's rating of the film The Magician

Artículo ("Kane3"): https://lamiradadealbert.wordpress.com/2007/07/25/albert-emmanuel-vogler-bergman/

3. Cinema Omnivore's rating of the film The Magician

7.3/10, my review: http://wp.me/p1eXom-2Yx

4. hemachandra's rating of the film The Magician

"I think I am a better ghost than I am a human being."

5. Wee Hunk's rating of the film The Magician

It's really quite a shame that this movie didn't work. It's so Shakespearean! The first 4/5ths is quite good. The ending seems tacked on later as almost an afterthought. Seems like someone from Hollywood came in and threw together a happy ending. Of course he made another run at similar material with 'The Rite', which is surprisingly daring and good for a TV movie.

6. FISCHER's rating of the film The Magician

Une oeuvre sombre et pessimiste, intensément dense et pénétrante par son symbolisme pesant qui décrit magistralement le monde clos et tourmenté de la nature humaine. www.cinefiches.com

7. En Sangers Bøn's rating of the film The Magician

A fantasist, convincing and slightly subversive evil-ish, weird comedy. Ingrid Thulin is extraordinary, as usual and Max Von Sydow is colder and more enigmatic than ever. Bring things close to his movie The Devil's eye with the add of scarily mesmerist cinematic influence from Dr Mabuse and stuffs from Browning.

8. HSBilly's rating of the film The Magician

visually stunning. and of course ingrid thulin and bibi andersson.

9. alice's rating of the film The Magician

Riflessione sulla morte (come, in fondo, tutta la produzione di Bergman), questo film ha, sul finale, una virata verso la "commedia" che alleggerisce ed illumina il racconto.

10. Ethan's rating of the film The Magician

For my money this is Bergman doing his best horror film. The scene in the attic is pure genius. This is very underrated Bergman too.

11. Ronja's rating of the film The Magician

2,5 - the best part for me was the music in the opening titles

12. SpacePirate's rating of the film The Magician

4.5 stars. A very dark moody affair, this one really screws with your emotions. A great one from one of the masters.

13. Jason's rating of the film The Magician

The artist: naked, terribly exposed con-artist fueled by shame and hellbent on revenge. Exactement. Often considered a companion piece to the decade-later Riten, which is admittedly far more streamlined, exact, and devastating. Riten is also a good measure less whacky.

14. Christopher McQuain's rating of the film The Magician

***1/2, at least; there's a slight tone-shift problem, and a higher creakiness-to-exhilaration ratio than in his very best, but it's Bergman's STARDUST MEMORIES, for better or worse (and for the record -- I love STARDUST MEMORIES).

15. Valentin Alexandru's rating of the film The Magician

16. Blumes's rating of the film The Magician

"You induced a temporary fear of death. That is all."

17. Samantha Von Busch's rating of the film The Magician

Bergman lends to film a somewhat abstract visual reproduction of classical theatre. His consistent retelling of quiet female suffering, and a deep-seated fear of the fool [whether due to his classical style or autobiography] might fall short if it weren't for his excellent directing skills. Overall, in the context of the rest of his work, I'd say this is the best.

18. revok's rating of the film The Magician

19. TheCinemaAdventurist's rating of the film The Magician

Bergman always manages to create unique characters in interesting events.

20. Lynch/Fellini's rating of the film The Magician

A very atmospheric film from Bergman. While not all of it completely works, it is stronger then most other directors' best films!

21. Minu's rating of the film The Magician

The mystery has its limitations as long as man explains it. Illusion can go as far as truth if there is no denial.

22. jimmymarkum's rating of the film The Magician

This is about how science, in its effort to search for the truth everywhere, can go too far. Sometimes it even pushes itself to prove art could be fraud, to the point of making fun of it. But here, for eight minutes, in the same way as in many classic gothic 'horrors', it's an artist's magic itself that provides an accordingly comic 'means' to deliver the humiliating offender his deserved nemesis

23. viivahate's rating of the film The Magician

One of his best from his early period. "I've prayed one prayer in my life: Use me, Oh God! But He never understood what a devoted slave I'd have been. So I was never used... But that too is a lie. Step by step you go into the dark. The movement itself is the only truth."

24. NICOLE86's rating of the film The Magician

Ingrid Thulin makes a beautiful man