1. Carlos Tejeda's rating of the film The Magnificent Ambersons

Artículo (suplemento cultural "It's playtime"): https://lamiradadealbert.wordpress.com/2015/02/22/magnificent-ambersons-orson-welles/

2. Maudealan's rating of the film The Magnificent Ambersons

Even with all the famous mangling it's so wistful, and Agnes Moorehead!!

3. FISCHER's rating of the film The Magnificent Ambersons

Cette saga familiale racontant la passion d'Eugène Morgan pour la belle Isabel Amberson, lui préférant le ténébreux Wilbur Minafer, durait à l'origine plus de 2 heures. Devant la "bouderie" du public, les producteurs le réduisirent à la durée actuelle, au grand dam d'Orson Welles. Après la naissance d'un fils (George) et la mort de Wilbur, le mariage d'Eugène, le "couple" se retrouve lors d'un bal. www.cinefiches.com

4. eugenie de sade's rating of the film The Magnificent Ambersons

my 95 year old grandmother really does give the best movie recommendations!!!

5. alice's rating of the film The Magnificent Ambersons

In attesa di vederne una versione meno indecentemente mutilata.

6. mubianer's rating of the film The Magnificent Ambersons

Finally got to see this. Can't help to hope the director's cut is in the jungle in Brazil somewhere...but excellent nonetheless. Quite inventive use of sound too. Favourite moment: The cutting between the horse wagon and the automobile.

7. Duncan Gray's rating of the film The Magnificent Ambersons

Re-rating this a 5 after seeing a gorgeous print at the Metrograph. The Magnificent Ambersons is so notorious as a butchered, incomplete film that we shouldn't forget to appreciate that what remains on screen is still brilliant. One of the most beautiful films about the passing of time, and how the world will move out from under you no matter how stubbornly you try to stay in place.

8. Stian Gledje Bekkvik's rating of the film The Magnificent Ambersons

9. Aardsy's rating of the film The Magnificent Ambersons

The elements are delightful even if this is a mess.

10. Hugo Poderoso's rating of the film The Magnificent Ambersons

A haunting and beautiful film and, in a lesser way, a frustrating one. The studio butchering applied to a narration that is already elliptical, concentrating information in dense bits of dialogue makes for a viewing that feels like bumping along the story. Of course, this can agree with the description of a group of characters that become more alienated and melancholic with the passage of time.

11. Ethan's rating of the film The Magnificent Ambersons

Hopefully one day we will be able to get the full Welles vision but for now the condensed version isn't bad.

12. SpacePirate's rating of the film The Magnificent Ambersons

Take away the tacked on Hollywood happy ending, and you have one of Welles 3 best films.

13. MGeo's rating of the film The Magnificent Ambersons

Under most cases, I would mark this four stars because of Amberson's reputation as one of the most compromised films in history and that we will never see Welles' original version...but what we have is SO good and SO accomplished...it's easy to overlook any omissions. Is it Citizen Kane. Not in the slightest. Is it still one of the best American films ever made? Without question.

14. Vincent T's rating of the film The Magnificent Ambersons

saw it the second time tonight in the theater. Now I really wish that I could see the original version. I'm not completely in love with it, but there's something about it that attracts me. Note to self so I will remember what I thought about it tonight: (other characters) son -> mother + sacrifice = doom. A dark and ironic view of human destiny and relationships.

15. Chris_Parker's rating of the film The Magnificent Ambersons

As much as I crave to see the full-length version of The Magnificent Ambersons, the one we’ve got is perhaps the ultimate testament to Welles’s genius. It makes a defiant, if unintentional, statement: ‘Look, despite it all, I've made a masterpiece.’ The soul of true art can be lessened, but never removed. The Magnificent Ambersons is still in many ways Welles' most impressive film.

16. Muraki's rating of the film The Magnificent Ambersons

17. Beatrice Lorenzini's rating of the film The Magnificent Ambersons

On the 88' version. Waiting for seeing the uncut one.

18. Paolo del ventoso Est's rating of the film The Magnificent Ambersons

Believe me, the colorized version is such a gorgeous funny thing.

19. DanOffen's rating of the film The Magnificent Ambersons

Admired not enjoyed. Perhaps the cut version I watched was lacking. Might seek out a full version rather than the 88 minutes one.

20. ASHES IN THE HOURGLASS's rating of the film The Magnificent Ambersons

An additional viewing has made me appreciate the film on a brand new level, as I decided to ignore that which could have been and embrace the masterpiece in front of me. Even the short ending is kinda forgivable .With Citizen Kane, Welles was a child who was giddy with excitement for the possibilities of cinema, but with this film he learned to use his tools more sparingly and effectively and thus became a master.

21. Genre films > French New Wave's rating of the film The Magnificent Ambersons

I know it's truncated and all the history behind it, but I still judge a film for what it is. Ambersons has a good opening that is filled with incredibly, ridiculous humor. However, the movie descends into a greatest hits of relentless melodrama in which the humor goes to die. Though, I loved this line. "What do you study at university?" "College."

22. Elif's rating of the film The Magnificent Ambersons

see the uncut. see the uncut. see the uncut.

23. mnovaes's rating of the film The Magnificent Ambersons