1. Sacha Raphard's rating of the film The Magnificent Seven

Loin d'être le meilleur des films 7 machins. Mais pas un mauvais film non plus.

2. runfromfire's rating of the film The Magnificent Seven

It's no Good, the Bad & the Ugly but The Magnificent Seven stands the test of time primarily thanks to the caliber of it's cast. James Coburn, man. Straight gangsta.

3. Louis Léonard's rating of the film The Magnificent Seven

Except for the ending, this is actually a pretty dull film.

4. James Mackin's rating of the film The Magnificent Seven

A quite enjoyable classic western, with a good cast of character actors. While I do prefer the Seven Samurai, I still enjoy this.

5. Ethan's rating of the film The Magnificent Seven

This is another badass film from the great John Sturges. Inspired by Kurosawa's Seven Samurai and featuring an ensemble of the best badasses in cinema including Yul Bryner, Steve McQueen, and Charles Bronson, along with a properly despicable Eli Wallach. It's just a great film and I'm excited for the Fuqua remake.

6. Federico Di Folco's rating of the film The Magnificent Seven

Un pezzo vero di storia del cinema,con Sturges che prende una trama banale e la consegna all'immortalità grazie ad attori super-carismatici (McQueen su tutti) e ad una colonna sonora che emoziona anche se la ascolti mille volte. Alcuni movimenti sembrano un pò telecomandati(colpa di Leone e della sua rivoluzione),ma l'epica ed il valore sono decisamente intatti. Grande grande lavoro.

7. CafeGradiva's rating of the film The Magnificent Seven

8. JonMB's rating of the film The Magnificent Seven

A good ole fashioned shoot em up with a nice cast of characters. Brynner, McQueen, Bronson, Coburn, Wallach ... How could you possible go wrong. Thoroughly enjoyed. Don't miss this one.

9. Yayo's rating of the film The Magnificent Seven

Music was a delight. That Bronson spanking and lesson on the child wow.

10. The Mayor Of Hell's rating of the film The Magnificent Seven

Not as good as Kurosawa maybe but a classic Hollywood western with one of the greatest casts ever assembled. A mans man film. Steve is too fucking cool for school.

11. SpacePirate's rating of the film The Magnificent Seven

Not sure why people are hating on this one so much. Is it as good as the original? Hell no, but its not like it tries to be. Its still very entertaining in its own right and merits a viewing. McQueen gives many prime examples of how to upstage other actors without saying a word lol

12. Michael Zyx MH Claes's rating of the film The Magnificent Seven

Such a rich cast ! A part from the big stars BRYNNER and MAC QUEEN, the supporting cast are wonderful : Horst BUCHOLZ, Robert VAUGHN, Charles BRONSON, James COBURN, Brad DEXTER. An great tribute to KUROSAWA.

13. Christopher M. Jones's rating of the film The Magnificent Seven

wow I didn't know that this is a Hollywood remake of Seven Samurai and is also not as good as Seven Samurai. thank you for choosing to enlighten us, all 500 billion of you who decided to write the same identical comment on this movie's page

14. Clayton's rating of the film The Magnificent Seven

Decent gay cowboy movie, def better than brokeback

15. sapta's rating of the film The Magnificent Seven

Decidedly inferior to Kurosawa's Seven Samurai

16. Ozu_Teapot's rating of the film The Magnificent Seven

Watching this right after Seven Samurai it feels like a truncated, watered down version of the original. You note the similar scenes and spot the changes, and wonder why the characters of Kikuchiyo and Katsushiro were combined into Horst Buchholz's Chico. Perhaps that's unfair though. If you look past the original 7 it's still an entertaining movie with a great cast. Maybe I should have watched them in reverse order.

17. emichan's rating of the film The Magnificent Seven

Hollywood's take on Seven Samurai

18. Luca Taurini's rating of the film The Magnificent Seven

Ennesimo cult che si aggiunge alla lista dei "western da vedere almeno una volta", con un cast fantastico in cui spicca McQueen. Magnifica la colonna sonora di Elmer Bernstein, giustamente passata alla storia.

19. jose's rating of the film The Magnificent Seven

20. Corriel's rating of the film The Magnificent Seven

I was a bit disappointed by this film since I expected something at least a bit special from a remake of Seven Samurai. This film is just another rather good hollywoodian western retaining only the basic story from its original. At least I was glad to see a nice Horst Buchholz in it.

21. ZYNAB's rating of the film The Magnificent Seven

yul brynner and steve mcqueen, best romantic pairing of all time

22. Erick's rating of the film The Magnificent Seven

I think it's unfair to compare it to the original. Over the years it has evolved into a film all to its own. While I can't say it's "better" than Kirosawa's masterpiece, I for one have a more fond attachment to this one due to its lineup and the little things that made each character special and loveable.

23. Ben's rating of the film The Magnificent Seven

24. IronTonic's rating of the film The Magnificent Seven

The Hollywoodification of a brilliant samurai film. Terribly disappointing if you have seen Kurosawa's original.