1. Fabio Osvaldo Carta's rating of the film The Maltese Falcon

2. Wee Hunk's rating of the film The Maltese Falcon

For fans of S&M. "This is the second time that you have laid hands on me!" "When you're slapped you'll take it and like it!"

3. -REM-'s rating of the film The Maltese Falcon

4. Carolina Frade's rating of the film The Maltese Falcon

Mary Astor failed here doing what Ava Gardner did so well in The Killers

5. FISCHER's rating of the film The Maltese Falcon

Premier film du cinéaste et déjà un inoubliable chef-d'oeuvre du film noir ! www.cinefiches.com

6. Bea Vea's rating of the film The Maltese Falcon

Humphrey Bogart doesn't disappoint!

7. Ramona Arsene's rating of the film The Maltese Falcon

8. pluviosity's rating of the film The Maltese Falcon

never get enough of Bogart and Lorre.

9. João R's rating of the film The Maltese Falcon

Having read the book, I must state that this is an excellent adaptation for being very rigorous. While the direction and the acting are delightful, my issue lies on the story - it just doesn't completely fulfill me.

10. Vickie Retallick's rating of the film The Maltese Falcon

Intense and absorbing but characters quite unlikeable

11. DenoResandono's rating of the film The Maltese Falcon

Humphrey Bogart was born to play in this movie. Bogart is Sam Spade himself. It's thrilling, suspenseful, and intriguing. It'll make you stay until the last minute!

12. LauraPalmer's rating of the film The Maltese Falcon

Rewatched and re-loved. "Heavy. What is it? The, uh, stuff that dreams are made of." Still a masterpiece.

13. THE APOLL0's rating of the film The Maltese Falcon

Extremely over-hyped. I came in expecting a noir masterpiece and got and endless stream of exposition and televisual camerawork. Bogart tried to carry the film and I guess that fooled people back then but it really doesn't hold up in any way shape or form except in that it was an early noir but aside from that not really anything special

14. Eric Ortiz García's rating of the film The Maltese Falcon

15. wiwitaek's rating of the film The Maltese Falcon

I just realized it's debut work of John Huston. Well, for that, I'm amazed. Really nice picture to watch. Re-watch, looking forward to it.

16. Chris's rating of the film The Maltese Falcon

You're a good man, sister

17. Ethan's rating of the film The Maltese Falcon

John Huston was able to decipher Dashiell Hammet's multi faceted mystery novel into a pretty great film noir that features a badass Humphrey Bogart as the Detective Sam Spade and brought him out of his gangster persona.

18. Operation Kino's rating of the film The Maltese Falcon

Classic. The 75th anniversary "TCM Presents" screening was a real treat.

19. A.B. II: The Return's rating of the film The Maltese Falcon

I can't help but feel like the plot gets too bloated for its own good; but, there's so much good going on, that I can't get too worked up about it. The atmosphere is intense, the dialogue is film noir at its most deliciously cynical, and the characters and performances are still wonderful, undiminished by constant plagiarism and parody (particularly Bogart, giving his best work behind "Treasure of the Sierra Madre")

20. yovargas's rating of the film The Maltese Falcon

Shady villains, mysterious treasure, twisting schemes, dangerous women, and a smooth-talking detective - what, should he learn to stutter? - mix it all together for a fun, exciting film noir. The cast of colorful characters - led by the Bogart's peerless cool - gets most of the praise but it's worth the ride just for the fun detective story. I give it a B+.

21. Aardsy's rating of the film The Maltese Falcon

When you're slapped, you'll take it and like it.

22. Bram Vroonland's rating of the film The Maltese Falcon

It's supposed to be a groundbreaking movie and I am not denying that. On the other hand there's no denying it is a little hollow as well. Nonetheless an essential movie and a fun experience.

23. smndvdcl's rating of the film The Maltese Falcon

Bogart at his coolest. A Studio System gem with unmistakeable swag.

24. Daniel S.'s rating of the film The Maltese Falcon

Three Academy awards nominations (Film, Huston, Greenstreet). A little bit too talkative towards the end but Humphrey Bogart's performance deserves to stay in Movie History. Highly recommended.

← Previous 1 3 4