1. Lynch/Fellini's rating of the film The Man from London

I found Béla Tarr's most divisive film to be absolutely mesmerizing and an absolute visual delight!

2. P D Dawson's rating of the film The Man from London

In the Béla Tarr style, this film is meditatively slow and the camera moves around as if it were a character in itself as its moves from one thing to another in a slow dream-like fashion. The music also renders an atmosphere of cold despair and burgeoning tension. And one can imagine quite a few people might truly hate its slow progression, but it manages to sink beneath one's skin the way most films don't.

3. FISCHER's rating of the film The Man from London

Entre la solide version réalisée Decoin (1943) et celle, plus classique, de Comfort (1947) la réalisation de Bela Tarr s'impose comme une monumentale et sidérante oeuvre épurée jusqu'à la désolation extrême, une vertigineuse et hallucinante plongée métaphysique où les mots n'ont plus rien à dire au contraire des regards et des silences s'époumonant en pure perte dans le malaise et la perdition. www.cinefiches.com

4. Terry_Moby's rating of the film The Man from London

I like Tarr´s work a lot. But somehow this one got on my nerves. Great cinematography and all - but it doesn't catch Simenon´s style (which is always fast, down to earth and elegant). The film is nothing like it! Werckmeister Harmonies - any time. But this one made me breathe heavily.

5. Wee Hunk's rating of the film The Man from London

Sometimes watching his films feels like watching an extreme Bergman film. It becomes a bit like a parody. This one was a bit too loud for me with the music and the pounding and the screaming.

6. Slow Immersion [Joe]'s rating of the film The Man from London

7. En Sangers Bøn's rating of the film The Man from London

Based on Simenon's novel this one develops an unexpected "film noir" night-like and mysterious atmosphere. Slow moving, plaintive and existential film. However it is not as poignant as previous Bela Tarr's films, characters and story are less touching, a bit annoying too. Interesting watch for fans. Beginners should start with Damnation, Satantango or the weirckmeister harmonies.

8. Il secondo maestro del revolver's rating of the film The Man from London

9. Fabio Osvaldo Carta's rating of the film The Man from London

10. the prince's rating of the film The Man from London

Less than Tarr's best films, but still well worth seeing.

11. Khach Aloyan's rating of the film The Man from London

4.8/5 left a little room in me to grow, I guess, for the 5

12. José Neves's rating of the film The Man from London

The saturation of a language and simultaneously a possibility of its exaltation, depending on the look before a movie absolutely exhausted. In my case the lack of interest is total and inevitable and even though i'm very sensitive to the formality of films, this panoply of sequence-shots lead me to despair for a fragmented découpage with another perspective of editing and much much less presumption of exemplarity.

13. Sebastian M.'s rating of the film The Man from London

Suspensful and beautifully shot. But the horrendous dubbing and studio feel hindered a full immersion.

14. ‏ㅤ's rating of the film The Man from London

This would have made for one compelling music video, could a fitting song have been found.

15. sacajawèale's rating of the film The Man from London

16. Cinema Omnivore's rating of the film The Man from London

8/10, my review: http://wp.me/p1eXom-1TW

17. meysam's rating of the film The Man from London

Walking...walking...and again walking

18. Ицабелла Ађани's rating of the film The Man from London

19. Mtume Gant's rating of the film The Man from London

Not my favorite Tarr but damn some of it is brilliant. You have to allow yourself to get lost in Bela's vibe, if you do and it can be truly transcendent.

20. Maria Poenaru's rating of the film The Man from London

the movie is very, very slow, it sucks the life out of you. watched 20 minutes and gave up.

21. tibber's rating of the film The Man from London

I gather that this is considered a minor work from Tarr, but it blew me away. I didn't even care about the dubbing.

22. Tigrão's rating of the film The Man from London

Maybe the first film in front of which I fell asleep after only 20 minutes.

23. Barboza's rating of the film The Man from London

The first 45 minutes are masterfully done. The technique felt innovative, but he does the same thing for every scene thereafter and it lost it's novelty. Still, it's an inspiring piece of work and a great genre film. As for Bebla Tarr, I wish I started with this and not the Turin Horse.

24. Hani's rating of the film The Man from London

I gave it four stars not five just because I did not like the studio feeling. I'd have preferred if it was filmed in natural locations. However, it is mesmerizing.