1. -Firebird's rating of the film The Man Who Fell to Earth

In his acting debut as a visitor from another planet, Bowie is simply immaculate... However, I felt betrayed by the story's unhappy end and the triumph of corruption capitalism was meant to represent in the movie.

2. Cinema Omnivore's rating of the film The Man Who Fell to Earth

6.7/10, "Roeg’s bash into Sci-Fi sphere is much more self-revealing than horizon-broadening, for what it is worth, it is a hot mess salted with glint of ingenuity." my full review - https://wp.me/p1eXom-3Qa

3. Adam Laurence Pitt's rating of the film The Man Who Fell to Earth

4. MANY THINGS's rating of the film The Man Who Fell to Earth

5. Inteleter's rating of the film The Man Who Fell to Earth

Though Bowie and Rip Torn were good in this and the film did look quite nice. For the most part the plot was good but it lost me towards the end

6. Bob's rating of the film The Man Who Fell to Earth

Striking camera shots are not properly synchronized with narration. So, what is left are masterful visuals, interesting premise, intriguing plot and existing story structure that looses its focus towards the end of the second act. And it's all done in a favor of abstract imagery and out of place scenes that take too long, while the main premise is left ignored. By the closing credits, the viewer feels unwelcomed.

7. raggiodisole's rating of the film The Man Who Fell to Earth

sprawling melancholic opus, so many themes; love, alienation, separation.Some great bonkers moments. Will always be remembered for the Thin White Duke performance, but that shouldn't overshadow the rest of the film

8. Joanna's rating of the film The Man Who Fell to Earth

Frustrating and fascinating

9. Láďa Tvarůžek's rating of the film The Man Who Fell to Earth

Bowie's great performance still keeps this movie a bit too long, strange and difficult to enjoy.

10. I.Camera's rating of the film The Man Who Fell to Earth

The great pre-Star Wars science fiction film of the 70s, even if some of its El Topo surrealistic touches are a bit overdone. Bowie's distanced personality and rampant cocaine addiction provided him with an appropriately alien sheen - he's no actor, but he's a really compelling amateur. Only in the 21st century have we seen sci-fi return in this form, where 'alienation' as a concept is explored (Under the Skin?).

11. Robert H's rating of the film The Man Who Fell to Earth

For such a heavy science fiction premise picturing Bowie as an alien is not such a stretch for the imagination! I really enjoyed this movie and appreciated the pacing to cut away the road to success and jump to the exploration of humanity. The majesty of Bowie was astounding and the reaction to his transformation scarring. Topping this I loved the conversations playing bewteen scenes on the television and in person.

12. goulton green's rating of the film The Man Who Fell to Earth

Rewatch it with many revelations this time. More Roeg please.

13. 絵莉's rating of the film The Man Who Fell to Earth

14. Kevin Matthews's rating of the film The Man Who Fell to Earth

Far from perfect, The Man Who Fell To Earth uses Bowie brilliantly, in his first starring film role, and also gets decent performances from Candy Clark and Rip Torn, among others. The editing and visuals are sublime, the script resonates beautifully at times, and I now view this as a near-masterpiece, despite the flaws.

15. Dead Sam's rating of the film The Man Who Fell to Earth

"Are you Lithuanian?!" I can see the cult appeal from its unique moments, and they certainly kept me watching. Zoom in on a painting of a cross-eyed cat. Interrupt a dispute with a tray of freshly baked cookies. Feature an array of flaccid and bushy genitals. What a time capsule!

16. anwoody's rating of the film The Man Who Fell to Earth

The first hour is very good, and the overall message is powerful, but as a film it's over-long and meandering. Some cringe-worthy scenes. Blinded by Bowie's best ever performance, but not Roeg's best film. I give it 3 1/2

17. Masoud Einabadi's rating of the film The Man Who Fell to Earth

18. lbunuel's rating of the film The Man Who Fell to Earth

Like many of Roeg's films, this didn't age very well. Bowie is kind of majestic, but the whole is just too intentionally freaky, to the point where it becomes merely an attitude. When the joke wears off, what's left is a sour, pretty boring taste.

19. Superfrog's rating of the film The Man Who Fell to Earth

Worth a watch for the Bowie performance in alien acting, that is really commendable, but lacks in rythm and peppers the film with voyeuristic scenes that do not add much to the plot. Some of the experimental cinema is pretty cool as well. Too many scenes feel unfinished.

20. Ludovic72's rating of the film The Man Who Fell to Earth

La performance de David Bowie - parfais dans sa totale étrangeté - est évidemment le grand atout de ce conte de science-fiction… mais le reste du casting ne démérite pas ! La lenteur du récit et le maintien d'un certain mystère se révèlent payants. Certes, Nicolas Roeg abuse de nombreux effets de style "typiquement 70's", mais l'histoire et son romantisme décalé restent les plus forts. Mélancolie extraterrestre…

21. RoRoRoro's rating of the film The Man Who Fell to Earth

22. Camille Anais's rating of the film The Man Who Fell to Earth

23. Victor Gonzalez's rating of the film The Man Who Fell to Earth

Dated avant-garde. Only for psychotronic movie buffs.

24. Pango's rating of the film The Man Who Fell to Earth

I really wanted to love this. It was interesting, but far too messy for my taste. I can't believe I saw David Bowie's penis

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7