1. nopotō's rating of the film The Man Who Fell to Earth

Carino ma il pisello di bowie non riempie i buchi nella narrazione

2. Hyperion_333's rating of the film The Man Who Fell to Earth

It contains so much to enjoy but sadly quite average all told.

3. Eric Eidelstein's rating of the film The Man Who Fell to Earth

As a portrait of alcoholism this is one sad movie! As a portrait of humanity and the ways we ruin ourselves and our planet this is one sad movie! As a portrait of David Bowie and everything we love about David Bowie this is one sad movie!

4. natalieb's rating of the film The Man Who Fell to Earth

tout ça, ça se tient vraiment très mal. et ça n'a ni queue, ni tête.

5. Terry_Moby's rating of the film The Man Who Fell to Earth

Bowie looks different in every shot!

6. :Dani's rating of the film The Man Who Fell to Earth

7. Arthur Freitas's rating of the film The Man Who Fell to Earth

Roeg troubled lyricism is fascinating, and with a perfect reflection on Bowie.

8. Luca Soldati's rating of the film The Man Who Fell to Earth

Storia interessante ed appassionante, ma non molto fluida, anche se questo non ne mina la qualità. Interessante l'integrazione dell'alieno nell'imperfetta società mostrata. Alcune scene sono molto forti per via della crudeltà umana. La regia fatica a narrare chiaramente, ma crea sequenze potenti e dà originalità al film. Buon lavoro della fotografia, la quale giustamente eccede solo quando serve.Ottimo uso del sonoro

9. Joel's rating of the film The Man Who Fell to Earth

A chaotic and unfortunately dated mind trip. Loads of fantastic moments and surrealist 70s sci fi madness. The major gripe is the constant shifts in narrative style, constantly tossing aside structrual rythms in place of bizarro montages of Bowie perhaps at his best. Around the half way point the plot beings to really unravel and hop forward without clear direction.

10. Renton47's rating of the film The Man Who Fell to Earth

Adopting avant-garde techniques to aid the viewpoint of a spider from Mars seems obvious when seeking alien perceptions, though it's underutilised. Similar to how the Body Snatchers ('78) initially follows the subjects of amoeba. It also explains why this film has the business acumen of a Rocky Flinstone novel, and the strange sex to boot. Is Belinda from Mars?

11. Wee Hunk's rating of the film The Man Who Fell to Earth

You have the Rip Torn of early 70's, who is a highly sexual, highly masculine role model contrasted with the almost asexual/androgynous spaceman Bowie. Throw them together with highly experimental Roeg, and you have an unusual vision.

12. Ege Okal's rating of the film The Man Who Fell to Earth

Actually 2 stars, I gave the extra star for the sake of David Bowie. Some very beautiful photographs do exist in the film, but the film is meeh. The director is a bad storyteller who holds the film in shallow and pretty waters.

13. Ramzi's rating of the film The Man Who Fell to Earth

(obviously) a weird film that's barely strung together by the end, but very enjoyable. lots of things going on. alienation, etc. The film's stock is increased by Bowie, who does (in my biased opinion) an excellent job.

14. Genre films > French New Wave's rating of the film The Man Who Fell to Earth

There's a neat story here, but Nicolas Roeg never found it. Instead, he fills the two plus hours with cliche "evil corporation" stuff and David Bowie being with Mary Lou; things that never do come together. It's oddness and exotic imagery are what kept me watching, but I can't say I was invested in it. David Bowie does fine though.

15. Igor Ramos's rating of the film The Man Who Fell to Earth

Bowie's amazing face/eyes/hair/jawline/overall-style kinda makes it worth it, I guess - not 100% sure. The sprinkles of actual science-fiction elements were rays of hope in an otherwise very campy B-movie with a messy plot and weak characters. I was expecting something edgier and more solid.

16. Le temps perdu's rating of the film The Man Who Fell to Earth

Not easy to watch but memorable.

17. José Neves's rating of the film The Man Who Fell to Earth

Bowie's superior beauty and elegance and is absolutely everything.

18. Chichago_'s rating of the film The Man Who Fell to Earth

David Bowie saves the film.

19. JCPJD's rating of the film The Man Who Fell to Earth

How it pains me to see a film that wears it’s confidence so brazenly. This sort of film is dead today. Here, Roeg puts Bowie in a daft space suit, shows us lots of sex scenes, tells a psychedelic Howard Hughes type tale then rounds it off with a hyper-meta ending. Don’t worry, that’s not a spoiler as the film is a series of ideas and atmospheres, many of them ingenious. Worth seeing for Bowie alone - and the rest.

20. gematoma's rating of the film The Man Who Fell to Earth

It could be nice comedy, alien come on earth and ruin yourself with booze

21. Shayan Bazri's rating of the film The Man Who Fell to Earth

22. Malt Frisky's rating of the film The Man Who Fell to Earth

Definitely a cult film but didn't grab me sadly. It follows the book fairly accurately it's just in-between the chapters is where the films psychedelic influence comes in, or for some seeing through the eyes of Bowie himself. The film is like getting high on a very specific drug that it want's you to experience through visual and sound, it doesn't really follow a story and gets lost but it was a journey all the same.

23. pattiocleavis's rating of the film The Man Who Fell to Earth

Bowie, in this film, was (and will remain) the most beautiful creature to ever grace our planet.

24. Lily Parmenter's rating of the film The Man Who Fell to Earth

without Bowie this film would be utterly unwatchable. as much as I adore him, this was hard to get through. disappointing, it had so much potential!

← Previous 1 3 4 5