1. kmatthews's rating of the film The Man Who Knew a Lot

2. between7skies's rating of the film The Man Who Knew a Lot

Jewel... Many subltle cameos to Monsieur Hulot on vacation. 3.5

3. krellomat's rating of the film The Man Who Knew a Lot

4. fearraigh's rating of the film The Man Who Knew a Lot

I'd normally hesitate to be hard on an emerging director but Vial has since made her breakthrough so it's fair game, I think. This is dull and cutesy in equal measure. Lots of low-hanging fruit being plucked but it's clearly a vehicle for career advancement. Boxes ticked, mission accomplished. It's still a 20-minute short that's 15 minutes too long.

5. sahandmohajer's rating of the film The Man Who Knew a Lot

a satisfying sad short film. an impressive production design that really complements the story is the film's strongest suit.

6. easypz's rating of the film The Man Who Knew a Lot

2.5, most for production design. What does a film make me feel & think? I thought the production design was impressive; I felt close to nothing. Mubi compares the premise to part Charlie Kaufman; that applies to the fantastical setting, but not to Kaufman's genuine, individual perception. His voice is unique, like Wes Anderson's. To not innovate with cliché, as here, leaves only admiration of the working surface.

7. Beatriz Rüegg's rating of the film The Man Who Knew a Lot

Exquisit, magnifiq, coloriq, oui, reflexon du la vie, como se sintiq ser viejiq /*yo no se de cine*/

8. Aube James's rating of the film The Man Who Knew a Lot

Sort of Bauhaus aesthetic combined with a surreal telling of "I think, therefore, I am". I would love to see more from Alice Vial.

9. Daunay's rating of the film The Man Who Knew a Lot

10. Jennifer Weeks's rating of the film The Man Who Knew a Lot

Quirky and bold, this film is the opposite of subtle but gets the imagination going nonetheless.

11. letters never sent's rating of the film The Man Who Knew a Lot

3.5 Quite wonderful. There's a bit o Monsieur Hulot in there..

12. Ekaterina Chernyaeva's rating of the film The Man Who Knew a Lot

Brilliant! So light but deep like the sea which I hope they will find.

13. mciszczon's rating of the film The Man Who Knew a Lot

Beautiful film. Very metaphorical, ambiguous, well taken. Not a single second did I find boring.

14. Makinist Klitorist's rating of the film The Man Who Knew a Lot

İnsanların kiralık ve "canlı" meta olmaları fikri güzel. Buradan devam...

15. bfertelli's rating of the film The Man Who Knew a Lot

cetait un film superbe. j'adore Juliette.

16. captainfez's rating of the film The Man Who Knew a Lot

I really want one of those footstools.

17. blblbl's rating of the film The Man Who Knew a Lot

Se regarde facilement, esthétique et touchant mais pas non plus transcendant.

18. Photosynthesis's rating of the film The Man Who Knew a Lot

the art is amazing and the story too

19. msmichel's rating of the film The Man Who Knew a Lot

Quite wonderful short that tackles both consumerism and ageism in the workplace in a slightly surreal darkly comic way. Performances are game and the short features spectacular set design and lush cinematography. Hopefully we hear more from young director Alice Vial.

20. paulo.albu's rating of the film The Man Who Knew a Lot

21. EdieEmm's rating of the film The Man Who Knew a Lot

Sweet and well-made little parable (with impressive bilingual title puns). A visual brand of whimsical satire whose cinematography/mise-en-scène sits somewhere between Wes Anderson and maybe John Waters. No deeper than anything you'd give a high-school class as essay fodder, but thoughtful and funny enough. And charming. Puts Alice Vial distinctly on my radar. 3.5

22. Julius GL's rating of the film The Man Who Knew a Lot

Sympathique film à l'univers burlesque bien senti. La surprise séduit au début. Puis, l'ensemble devient assez prévisible et attendu.

23. clarud@hotmail.com's rating of the film The Man Who Knew a Lot

24. Alex Hall's rating of the film The Man Who Knew a Lot

Technically great - lush cinematography. Plot and narrative suits the short nicely, with just enough character development. A little too quaint for my liking though.