1. Beatriz Rüegg's rating of the film The Man Who Knew a Lot

Exquisit, magnifiq, coloriq, oui, reflexon du la vie, como se sintiq ser viejiq /*yo no se de cine*/

2. Aube James's rating of the film The Man Who Knew a Lot

Sort of Bauhaus aesthetic combined with a surreal telling of "I think, therefore, I am". I would love to see more from Alice Vial.

3. Daunay's rating of the film The Man Who Knew a Lot

4. Jennifer Weeks's rating of the film The Man Who Knew a Lot

Quirky and bold, this film is the opposite of subtle but gets the imagination going nonetheless.

5. letters never sent's rating of the film The Man Who Knew a Lot

3.5 Quite wonderful. There's a bit o Monsieur Hulot in there..

6. Ekaterina Chernyaeva's rating of the film The Man Who Knew a Lot

Brilliant! So light but deep like the sea which I hope they will find.

7. mciszczon's rating of the film The Man Who Knew a Lot

Beautiful film. Very metaphorical, ambiguous, well taken. Not a single second did I find boring.

8. Makinist Klitorist's rating of the film The Man Who Knew a Lot

İnsanların kiralık ve "canlı" meta olmaları fikri güzel. Buradan devam...

9. bfertelli's rating of the film The Man Who Knew a Lot

cetait un film superbe. j'adore Juliette.

10. captainfez's rating of the film The Man Who Knew a Lot

I really want one of those footstools.

11. blblbl's rating of the film The Man Who Knew a Lot

Se regarde facilement, esthétique et touchant mais pas non plus transcendant.

12. Photosynthesis's rating of the film The Man Who Knew a Lot

the art is amazing and the story too

13. msmichel's rating of the film The Man Who Knew a Lot

Quite wonderful short that tackles both consumerism and ageism in the workplace in a slightly surreal darkly comic way. Performances are game and the short features spectacular set design and lush cinematography. Hopefully we hear more from young director Alice Vial.

14. paulo.albu's rating of the film The Man Who Knew a Lot

15. EdieEmm's rating of the film The Man Who Knew a Lot

Sweet and well-made little parable (with impressive bilingual title puns). A visual brand of whimsical satire whose cinematography/mise-en-scène sits somewhere between Wes Anderson and maybe John Waters. No deeper than anything you'd give a high-school class as essay fodder, but thoughtful and funny enough. And charming. Puts Alice Vial distinctly on my radar. 3.5

16. Julius GL's rating of the film The Man Who Knew a Lot

Sympathique film à l'univers burlesque bien senti. La surprise séduit au début. Puis, l'ensemble devient assez prévisible et attendu.

17. clarud@hotmail.com's rating of the film The Man Who Knew a Lot

18. Alex Hall's rating of the film The Man Who Knew a Lot

Technically great - lush cinematography. Plot and narrative suits the short nicely, with just enough character development. A little too quaint for my liking though.

19. Théo's rating of the film The Man Who Knew a Lot

Très joli conte urbain sur les déconvenues de la société de consommation. Relation touchante entre le héro et la petite fille, mais on reste tout de même un peu sur sa faim.

20. Denis Sedgwick's rating of the film The Man Who Knew a Lot

Si si, allez voir la mer derrière le magasin.

21. panagiotatos's rating of the film The Man Who Knew a Lot

7/10. Visually pleasing - there is a little of Wes Anderson here i think-, pretty music, good performances by the cast, some flaws but overall nice effort, as it makes its point clear, that is to say an imminent (or present?) labour dystopia.

22. mgaspa's rating of the film The Man Who Knew a Lot

Superbe !!!! Tout est dit !! Bravo !!!

23. Pakbro's rating of the film The Man Who Knew a Lot

la mer est là. Allez viens, on va continuer à chercher

24. Marco Stahlhut's rating of the film The Man Who Knew a Lot

If I could I would give 3,5 stars. There are many convincing, aesthetically satisfying aspects to this occasionally funny short movie, yet the underlying message is far too cliché for my taste.