1. Billy Casper's World's rating of the film The Man Who Loved Women

Truffaut at his most playful and not even at his best is still more interesting than many modern day directors could ever wish to be.

2. ninchok's rating of the film The Man Who Loved Women

Strangely enough, sometimes throughout the film I caught myself relating to Bertrand (not from a male's perspective tho lel), and I believe it's true that one should love oneself to be able to love others. The ending is absolutely beautiful and true in many ways.

3. FISCHER's rating of the film The Man Who Loved Women

Une agréable et savoureuse comédie dramatique, pleine de verve et d'à propos pertinents sur la séduction, son besoin et l'insatiabilité affective, racontée avec drôlerie et finesse, en voix off par un Charles Denner, étonnant et virevoltant d'aise et de maîtrise. www.cinefiches.com

4. Ethan's rating of the film The Man Who Loved Women

This is a fun film from Truffaut.

5. Cyril Schreiber's rating of the film The Man Who Loved Women

6. alcools's rating of the film The Man Who Loved Women

Now that's a ''pick-up'' artist. The ''pick up artists'' we know nowadays should swap names with bin men. Charles Denner est très charmant.

7. Matthew Martens's rating of the film The Man Who Loved Women

From the moment Bertrand's adventures in womanizing begin the film feels tired, forced, its charms as slight as its interest in women is superficial. An Oedipal backstory lends some weight, but too offhandedly to provide much pathos to this frustratingly limp farce. I expect that my admiring younger self loved the idea of this film rather than the film itself, just as Bertrand does with his women.

8. Cole Caudle's rating of the film The Man Who Loved Women

This is a film more about writing than skirt chasing. The obsessive need to recount, to tell one's own story, has never been more acutely portrayed and examined. This is my favourite late period Truffaut.

9. Lorena Brandão's rating of the film The Man Who Loved Women

10. Ian Loreños's rating of the film The Man Who Loved Women

After watching the film, it reminds me of Wong Kar Wai's film "2046". The lead character is similar to Chou Mo-Wan (Tony Leung's character ins 2046) wherein both characters "love" women in general.

11. soqquadro's rating of the film The Man Who Loved Women

vorrei avere il suo spirito d'iniziativa

12. sfcugura's rating of the film The Man Who Loved Women

I fell helplessly in platonic love in Bertrand.

13. Lefteris Becerra's rating of the film The Man Who Loved Women

por fin algo decente de truffaut a color

14. Theolini's rating of the film The Man Who Loved Women

15. mitroen's rating of the film The Man Who Loved Women

16. Fernando's rating of the film The Man Who Loved Women

In a strange way, this movie is a tribute to women. The main character's life revolves around them, in sexist way, yes, but in a way that if he can't have them, is better to be dead.

17. Natalie Guevara's rating of the film The Man Who Loved Women

reflective, casual Truffaut. This movie seems to be saying that French men know more about lingerie -- that is to say they study and appreciate the benefits of it, know the different clasps and categories and rituals of undress -- than women do. a good movie about celebrating women: never gross, just the right kind of typical male behavior, always honoring the distinction in each lady.

18. chanandre's rating of the film The Man Who Loved Women

[Cinémathèque PT #128: 35 mm]

19. Pierluigi Puccini's rating of the film The Man Who Loved Women

Far from Truffaut's best films, but still a very nice and funny recollection of the romantic and ultimately sad story of a daring womanizer in the search for the meaning of love.