1. verba's rating of the film The Man Who Sleeps

я всё ещё есть

2. Iulia Nov's rating of the film The Man Who Sleeps

3. Elena Boldor's rating of the film The Man Who Sleeps

Here is a truly great fusion of french cinematography and existentialism. Ludmila Mikaël’s poignant disquisition was meticulously outstanding. I must say that the movie is not (necessary) about depression, but the apathy towards existing. Detachment from everything that means life is worse than sadness. Solidly the greatest movie ever produced.

4. Eric Eidelstein's rating of the film The Man Who Sleeps

We have very, very similar voices in our heads telling us we are alone and worthless and empty!

5. Wee Hunk's rating of the film The Man Who Sleeps

I don't know how universal this experience is, but I certainly went through it. Maybe this is just one of those things that we all have to go through.

6. Il secondo maestro del revolver's rating of the film The Man Who Sleeps

7. alina.'s rating of the film The Man Who Sleeps

What relief, I have more than six socks..

8. ecstatic truth's rating of the film The Man Who Sleeps

One of the best depictions of alienation I've seen. I love the way the female voiceover undercuts his daily wanderings, and the rhythmical, hypnotic editing. Gentle and humane.

9. smndvdcl's rating of the film The Man Who Sleeps

10. redux's rating of the film The Man Who Sleeps

Post-'68 dejection in a Sartre corduroy goes to textualist cinema. Real isolation and depression doesn't look this good, though.

11. Tiago Pinho's rating of the film The Man Who Sleeps

Next step is to see it mute.

12. ceknklsn's rating of the film The Man Who Sleeps

13. Kseven's rating of the film The Man Who Sleeps

14. beatrizatriz's rating of the film The Man Who Sleeps

15. dino dancer's rating of the film The Man Who Sleeps

16. Dzernera's rating of the film The Man Who Sleeps

Mesmerizing, visually astounding, deeply phylosophical story nearly everyone should be able to relate to for have not every man at least of the smallest bit of second doubted the meaning of our existence and the purpose of our actions? While in the Real Life no one is given an exclusive chance to be a pure observer, the movie allows you to feel like one for wonderful 93 minutes. It will surely haunt me.

17. HSBilly's rating of the film The Man Who Sleeps

18. Anca.'s rating of the film The Man Who Sleeps

Powerful, simply mesmerizing. A brilliant piece of existentialism and alienation. "The dead hours, empty passages, the fleeting and poignant desire to hear no more, to see no more, to remain silent and motionless. Crazy dreams of solitude. An amnesiac wandering through the Land of the Blind: wide, empty streets, cold lights, faces without mouths that you would look at without seeing."

19. senitree's rating of the film The Man Who Sleeps

20. B o g d a n's rating of the film The Man Who Sleeps

21. conspiracy's rating of the film The Man Who Sleeps

22. jooley's rating of the film The Man Who Sleeps

Not an easy watch by any means, mostly because it is so devastatingly accurate in portraying this miserable state of mind. In that sense, it's a triumph over the ineffable, a testament to the evocative power of words (and imagery and sound to a lesser extent), with some of the most beautiful narration I've heard. I'd rank it up there with Requiem for a dream as 'best movies I wouldn't recommend to anyone'.

23. Cemre Polat's rating of the film The Man Who Sleeps

Beynimde Persona ile yanyana duran film.

24. Bogdan Liviu's rating of the film The Man Who Sleeps

Am avut indecenţa să văd filmul iar. Absolut insuportabil! De o copleşitoare monotonie. Bătrânul de pe bancă rămâne unul dintre cele mai tulburătoare şi fascinante personaje cu care am luat contact în 23 de ani de existenţă. A te împotrivi, cu orgoliul unei statui, oricărei forme de mobilitate; a contempla, ore-n şir, cu o inerţie plină de vitalitate, Nimicul. Să priveşti, zadarnic, dar stăruitor, Vidul. Ce supraom!