1. Ethan's rating of the film The Man Who Would Be King

Sean Connery and Michael Caine are badass in this fun little adventure film.

2. Ashley Spendlove's rating of the film The Man Who Would Be King

Huston shows how an epic adventure needs to be done. There's so much to enjoy here, from Caine and Connery (neither have ever been better), Plummer and Jaffrey also superb, the opulent canvas and the intelligently acidic portrayal of imperialism and, of course, a cracking yarn that succeeds brilliantly as Huston allows us to enter into the humanity of his protagonists even as we question their delusions and morality.

3. dmol's rating of the film The Man Who Would Be King

Connery and Caine's heroes were so perfectly obnoxious I almost turned the movie off before going half-way - but hey, am I glad I stuck through it! Incredible landscapes, acting and, above all, parallel meanings, that gave this film its true heart and soul.

4. miles's rating of the film The Man Who Would Be King

gods holy trousers, gloriously fun!

5. Kevin Matthews's rating of the film The Man Who Would Be King

Michael Caine and Sean Connery play a right couple of scoundrels who plan on making their fortune in a land populated by "savage natives" that they can help, and eventually rule over. The plan turns out to be a pretty good one, surprisingly enough, until things start to sour. Caine and Connery work well together onscreen, the script is a lot of fun, and this remains a classic adventure tale.

6. Christofi Cotonou's rating of the film The Man Who Would Be King

I'm sorry. I know it's not politically correct, but I love it. If you like Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom mixed with Secondhand Lions (and lets face it, who doesn't?)... Voila.

7. Joel Shenton's rating of the film The Man Who Would Be King

God's Holy Trousers. This is one of the last of the great adventure films and well worth two hours of anyone's time. Connery is a very charismatic Dravot and Caine a great foil as Carnehan.

8. Steve G.'s rating of the film The Man Who Would Be King

"You mortals wait down there."

9. Jonathan Smith's rating of the film The Man Who Would Be King

A rambunctious, old-school adventure lead by two of the most charismatic macho men around in Connery & Caine. Huston manages to combine humour, action, drama & politics seamlessly into pure entertainment - sort of like Heart of Darkness/Apocalypse Now without all portentous Brando at the end. Kipling's epic tale takes on a new life under Huston, working as an intriguing allegory of Britain's collapsing empire.

10. anwoody's rating of the film The Man Who Would Be King

A jolly jape that turns ugly. Full of orientalism (fearful primitive natives...) and jingoism. An obvious influence on Indiana Jones and Monty Python

11. FISCHER's rating of the film The Man Who Would Be King

On peut dire que John Huston n'a pas failli à son talent et à sa réputation dans cet efficace hymne aux courageux intrépides et aux sagaces aventuriers. www.cinefiches.com

12. grotescsetorg's rating of the film The Man Who Would Be King

13. JCPJD's rating of the film The Man Who Would Be King

I didn't want it to end. Connery and Caine are such a charismatic pairing. The pacing is slick and the set design and scenery is as good as it gets. It's a great idea for a story. It's not on the same level as something like Apocalypse Now. Rather, this is a more good natured and lighthearted approach to megalomania and Imperialism.

14. DanB3000's rating of the film The Man Who Would Be King

15. RoRoRoro's rating of the film The Man Who Would Be King

16. Aardsy's rating of the film The Man Who Would Be King

A full buffet of accents.

17. SpacePirate's rating of the film The Man Who Would Be King

This movie is so close to being perfect, but drags a bit in spots. Caine and Connery have wonderful chemistry. 4.5 stars. A late-period Huston masterstroke

18. Dominic Simard-Jean's rating of the film The Man Who Would Be King

Behind the great adventures and epic quest; the real heart of this movie is its mysticism. While it might work in the background of the action, the music and religious themes of the East are perfectly captured and help a lot in making the movie more than just a popcorn flick.

19. Nick Bibby's rating of the film The Man Who Would Be King

A true classic, all the better for being a little rough round the edges at times.

20. IV NEVER BEEN TO A RODEO's rating of the film The Man Who Would Be King

I couldn't be king. Or maybe I could. I would make it that Everyday everyone must celebrate mark Gonzalez. Actually I dont know. Who cares

21. Tom Barnard's rating of the film The Man Who Would Be King

With such a great cast, story and director, this had all the makings of a classic movie, but almost none of the execution. The pacing was all over the place; the editing felt rushed and choppy. That's not to say it wasn't highly watchable, but I found it to be nowhere near as brilliant as its reputation suggests.

22. misspanurge's rating of the film The Man Who Would Be King

23. Damien Maclean's rating of the film The Man Who Would Be King

I thought Micheal Caine & Sean Connery real life friendship bled through on the silver screen giving them a very natural on screen charisma. Fun movie to watch on a lazy afternoon

24. Pedro's rating of the film The Man Who Would Be King

If it ever happened, Paul Newman was dead-on.