1. Sidereus's rating of the film The Matador

An interesting documentary about one of humanity's greatest stupices

2. Alexandra Díaz Vásquez's rating of the film The Matador

I don't agree with bullfighting, but the documentary gives a great insight on Matador culture. We get to know that the Matador's family goes through, what the Matador feels before the encounter with the bull, all the training it requires to become a bullfighter. Doesn't really take away the absurdity of it, but it was beautifully filmed and highly emotional.

3. Pierre Serpe's rating of the film The Matador

Bloody Spanish culture nicely dressed for a little crowd searching for goosebumbs... It is interesting to see how the honor and the tradition is important for the matador! But would you eat that meat?

4. Michael Zyx MH Claes's rating of the film The Matador

There's no sport where the athlete leaves the stage to receive surgery & 45 min later continues to risk his life victoriously. This champ is El FANDI, one aim: 100 bullfights, 200 bulls/year. Il n'y a pas de sport ou l'athlète quitte la piste pour recevoir une intervention chirurgicale & 45 minutes plus tard remet sa vie en danger victorieusement. Ce champion c'est El FANDI, 1 objectif: 100 corridas, 200 taureaux/an.

5. LauraPalmer's rating of the film The Matador

are you kidding me? I'm from Spain and guess what, fuck bullfighting, fuck matadors, fuck this shit.

6. Sergio's rating of the film The Matador

Why Mubi? Why did you select a doc about the glorification of animal cruelty? And why did you decide to show it to Spanish audiences?–we know enough about it. Are you aware that this is a controversial topic at the moment in Spain? For example, in Catalonia there was a referendum against bullfighting and it was overturned by a tribunal.Your text says: "heroic","pantheon of Spain’s greatest bullfighters" – how cheap!

7. Aube James's rating of the film The Matador

Heart-rending documentary into the journey of a Matador (and implicitly, into the sad destiny of Tauruses). I believe this will be poignant and provocative even for those neutral about this polemic. I have admiration for the VIP access granted to Higgins & Seavey. Seems to show that the Bullfighting circuit is open to discussing their place in modern-day values.

8. Roar Aune's rating of the film The Matador

Wonderful Movie of the traditional,controvercial but beautiful Spanish bullfighting. The story of one of its best performers in the history of bullfight.

9. panagiotatos's rating of the film The Matador

controversial theme, but the movie depicts the matador's perspective on it and it does it very well.