1. postblueink's rating of the film The Match Factory Girl

7/10 (01.08.2018). Кати, Кати, Катинка Оутинен! the third part of Prolitary trilogy.

2. lofisofi's rating of the film The Match Factory Girl

i'm really grateful that this portrait of a working woman in Helsinki exists

3. Renton47's rating of the film The Match Factory Girl

The first half which we have seen many times before still startles with its effectiveness, achieving a shorthand of everyday neglected restlessness which builds in near silent reverie. The second act, unlike Ariel, is more prickly in the way it avoids the obvious audience expectations, not giving me the emotional catharsis I craved but maybe a more empowering one.

4. Philippe Lajède's rating of the film The Match Factory Girl

5. zdravk3's rating of the film The Match Factory Girl

I think they should have just married and became her parents - it would have been much scarier.

6. Michael Zyx MH Claes's rating of the film The Match Factory Girl

Suicidal hardcore melodrama from start to finish. Macabre sarcastic conclusion radically different from Andersen's tale. So much clichés & pathos, even 2nd degree as with Almodovar, is hard to take. == Melo hardcore suicidaire de bout en bout. La conclusion macabre diffère radicalement du conte d'Andersen dont le film est inspiré. Tant de clichés & de pathos, même au 2e degré comme chez Almodovar, a du mal à passser.

7. Superfrog's rating of the film The Match Factory Girl

I think the director tone just does not work on me. A bleak tale of misery, rejection and desperation. Without a rythm to support it for me.

8. fada19's rating of the film The Match Factory Girl

Kati Outinen ... incroyable !!! Magnifique et tragique

9. Clarisse Lemaitre's rating of the film The Match Factory Girl

Dans la lenteur, dans l'absolue froideur des êtres et leur condition si précaire, surgit pourtant la détresse humaine et la délivrance tant attendue du désespoir, de l'énergie, de la vie.

10. Allison Rung's rating of the film The Match Factory Girl

This reminds me of SATURDAY NIGHT AND SUNDAY MORNING (1960), except it is more poetic in its use of stillness and in its subtle imagery (matches). Iris's quiet strength also calls up the early heroines in Mike Leigh.

11. Bécot Georges's rating of the film The Match Factory Girl

Épure des dialogues et des images. L’histoire est évidemment très puissante. Épure du jeu des acteurs. Ils sont. Ils ne jouent pas. Magnifique.

12. abcdetc's rating of the film The Match Factory Girl

Une pépite qui confirme qu'Aki Kaurismäki est un grand et depuis longtemps. J'avais raté celui-ci, mais je n'ai rien perdu pour attendre. Merci

13. Barrett.'s rating of the film The Match Factory Girl

I'm not familiar with Kaurismäki's work but I do love how he seems to only use dialogue when necessary and would rather show not tell. Meanwhile making use of expressive diegetic music & knowing when to let the camera linger.

14. Ligia Prodan's rating of the film The Match Factory Girl

Short, dramatic, effective.

15. Bogdan Theodor Olteanu's rating of the film The Match Factory Girl

16. Bonnet Michel's rating of the film The Match Factory Girl

.2017 UNIVERSCINE ------2017 MUBI

17. FISCHER's rating of the film The Match Factory Girl

Troisième volet de "la trilogie prolétarienne", une épure désespérée... www.cinefiches.com

18. Azul B.'s rating of the film The Match Factory Girl

19. alphonse's rating of the film The Match Factory Girl

Aki Kaurismaki takes advantage of the idea of cinema as a purely visual language and crafts a short story that surprises in every corner with its profound, dark humanity and subtlety. The director's distinct, extremely vivid colours do shine throughout the entire film (instead of colourful, the effect is of something quite depressing and bleak) as the potential of every shot is used to the absolute fullest.

20. anadyomene's rating of the film The Match Factory Girl

This movie comforts me in a strange, bleak way, and I think I am in love with Kati Outinen.

21. ammar's rating of the film The Match Factory Girl

22. jonijtr's rating of the film The Match Factory Girl

Kati Outinen's face here is one of the most depressing face i've ever seen

23. Maggie's rating of the film The Match Factory Girl

24. Karina Castro's rating of the film The Match Factory Girl

Would love to get an opinion of a psychologist.