1. Dan Kenneth Gigernes's rating of the film The Meaning of Life

Monty Python push the envelope one last time for what can be done in comedy. At the time this was full of originality, sick jokes, vulgar, fun and satiric jokes. It is also the film with the best musical numbers. The Ingmar Bergman parody where Death visits "our friends" is also the most fitting ending they could have done. The short film at the beginning is also one fantastic epic showing Gilliam at his best.

2. Richard Tines's rating of the film The Meaning of Life

the python's ditch the narrative satire but keep the cosmic clowning, this time in loosely connected skits (like Flying Circus)...some topics include birth, fighting each other, and death (which includes "the galaxy song" (a masterpiece) ends in a phantasia of X-mas threaded dada) watch it or watch it again, is my advice...

3. Thomas Dods's rating of the film The Meaning of Life

Apart from a few scenes (including the catholics) this falls far too short of their usual quality. The return to a sketch show format betrays a lack of ideas from the crew that is a real shame.

4. NicoIlGermanico's rating of the film The Meaning of Life

5. chanandre's rating of the film The Meaning of Life

The suicidal leaves bit killed me dead.

6. SpacePirate's rating of the film The Meaning of Life

A real misfire. Just unfunny and not really even clever from beginning to end. Avoid. Less than one star.

7. Kreg's rating of the film The Meaning of Life

Of all the totally inappropriate things I watched as a kid, this film was one that really disturbed me, I had nightmares about it. Revisiting it over and over has been a great experience.

8. Ethan's rating of the film The Meaning of Life

I feel like this is the most underrated of the Monty Python films.

9. FISCHER's rating of the film The Meaning of Life

Le célèbre "non-sense" britannique, de la joyeuse équipe d'acteurs souvent loufoques et déjantés, avec des sketches malheureusement de valeur fort inégale... www.cinefiches.com

10. Luca's rating of the film The Meaning of Life

I love Monty Python, but these were mostly garbage sketches. The 'salmon mousse' joke was great tho

11. AdrianM.'s rating of the film The Meaning of Life

best surrealistic low-brow comedy ever

12. Il secondo maestro del revolver's rating of the film The Meaning of Life

13. MGeo's rating of the film The Meaning of Life

Nowhere nearly as memorable or funny as Holy Grail or, my personal favorite, Life of Brian. Like everyone, the most memorable sequence and one that is, unlike everyone, my personal favorite is the Mr. Creosote sequence. The words wafer thin is in my vocabulary every time I eat too much; I could explode like he does...who knows? Anyway, it's largely a wasted opportunity for something that coulda been great...but isn't

14. Dada Kubin's rating of the film The Meaning of Life

“The Meaning of Life” is rather a collection of sketches than a movie in traditional sense. Some of them are actually even boring, but there are these moments of evil genious, like Every Sperm is Sacred, The Death Sentence or The Discussion Topics for Middle Aged that are so hilarious that you just have to fall on your knees and thank the universe for creating Monty Python.

15. James Mackin's rating of the film The Meaning of Life

Monty Python doing black comedy. God bless these men.

16. Diogo Pires's rating of the film The Meaning of Life

O mais fraco dos filmes do grupo. Não esperava tão pouco. 2,5

17. Dylan Vernall's rating of the film The Meaning of Life

My favourite of the Monty Python movies

18. Aprilia Gunawan's rating of the film The Meaning of Life

Ironically, Graham Chapman opened the door for Mr. Death. Bless his soul.

19. ikkini's rating of the film The Meaning of Life

Nous n'avons toujours pas bien saisi le sens de la vie, mais nous avons bien ri !

20. Thomas's rating of the film The Meaning of Life

21. Erik F.'s rating of the film The Meaning of Life

You will never be able to get "Every Sperm is Sacred" or "The Galaxy Song" out of your head!

22. jlai's rating of the film The Meaning of Life

hosts the real meaning of life

23. sonitsch.'s rating of the film The Meaning of Life