1. J.J. 'Jake' Gittes's rating of the film The Messenger

The US military personnel in the 'Casualty Notification Units' are dedicated & trained professionals with stable personality. Stone & Montgomery are just the opposite. With regard to this these two characters are completely implausible. However, the movie perfectly visualises the pain, the fear & the wounded soul of humans somehow connected to the nightmare of war. Great acting performances.

2. Dogukan4Ever's rating of the film The Messenger

3. Silvoieski's rating of the film The Messenger

A different point of view of war, interesting idea, and Woody was excellent, as always. But I had the strange feeling that there wasn't a true story evolution.

4. leilalee's rating of the film The Messenger

5. Zigge's rating of the film The Messenger

This film somehow proves the fact that the script is not as important as the storytelling. The theme could be.. anything, it's the way of telling a story, the essence of film, that gives the impact more than anything else. In fact I believe that the thoughts and associations you have while watching is the soul of the film. And they might appear far from the actual plot.

6. RobertM's rating of the film The Messenger

A completely atypical war film. Very well acted with honest performances. A brutal insight into an unfathomable duty. It's heavy, but well worth the watch.

7. klofter's rating of the film The Messenger

As good as an American film will ever get at examining the home-front human toll of the two wars that have been ravaging for over a decade now. It's incredibly affecting and thought-provoking without being preachy or trying to convey a "message" about the war. It's simply about a bunch of people that have been broken by it in different ways. Enough to feel very very very empathetic.

8. Egoisms's rating of the film The Messenger

9. devtank's rating of the film The Messenger

Interesting and unique take on PTSD as told from the perspective of Casualty Notification officers. The story is tactfully executed with sensitivity within realism. The visual elements are assembled through beautiful use of camera, light and sound. Unforgettable.

10. Lilian Zern's rating of the film The Messenger

One of the movies I thoroughly enjoyed. It get emotional and brought tears to my eyes.

11. chih's rating of the film The Messenger

I'm surprised by how much I liked this. I cried during Steve's cameo. Because it's Steve.

12. oya elmastasoglu's rating of the film The Messenger

Great idea for a film! Lots of scenes are not convincing, lots of lines are shallow talk. I didn't buy the relationship between the widow and the surgeon. In reality, army will call the segean to the Court Marshall. Should have been done with less worry for marketing. Not very honest.

13. doublelife91's rating of the film The Messenger

14. Zach Closs's rating of the film The Messenger

A heartbreaking and beautifully performed anti-war film that's more effective than most of its ilk without ever stepping onto the battlefield -- and that's a feat. How this has fallen off the radar I have no idea. It's one of the finest character studies I've ever seen.

15. NenaNadine's rating of the film The Messenger

Ben Foster Needs more leading roles!!!!

16. Cinema Omnivore's rating of the film The Messenger

great intangible tension of drama and compassion, with a witty script and cast. an 8/10 my review: http://lasttimeisawdotcom.wordpress.com/2012/03/22/last-film-i-saw-the-messenger/

17. vordven's rating of the film The Messenger

18. sami's rating of the film The Messenger

For the actors: Foster and Harrelson as members of the “Angels of Death Squadron” (i.e. Casualty Notification Officers who break the sad news to the families of the soldiers recently killed in action), and Samantha Morton as one of the widows Foster visits (and — surprise surprise — falls for).

19. doltcrow's rating of the film The Messenger

20. Kirby's rating of the film The Messenger

Great job by Harrelson. And that's about it. It was a bit on the boring side.

21. madebydanlam's rating of the film The Messenger

This film was very moving, Ben Foster should've been nominated as Best Actor for his performance. I hadn't realize what a great actor he is until I saw this film. Great direction as well from Oren.

22. Nutter Jr's rating of the film The Messenger

Without firing a single bullet or be shown horrific scenes of the battlefield, The Messenger shows the pain that comes with war through the eyes of those that stay behind... Credit to the cast that deliver a subtle but yet emotionally rich performances.

23. Alice Tynan's rating of the film The Messenger

This sure isn't an easy film to watch, but a great story beautifully told. Foster proves 3:10 To Yuma wasn't a fluke.

24. Barry Levitt's rating of the film The Messenger

Excellent writing, solid direction and editing and a great cast round out a very touching film, about a topic that is rarely touched on. A great experience.