1. João R's rating of the film The Midnight Meat Train

The initial chasing portion of this story was fine (e.g., it keeps you guessing why the police let this happen). Additionally, it has some stylish gory and agile deaths. But then, it throws too many things hoping to make you feel fulfilled. It doesn't work. By the end of it, you'll be left starving with a conclusion that doesn't fit (at least, the fantasy part of it, since the successor didn't bother me that much).

2. Nick Schwab's rating of the film The Midnight Meat Train

Kitamura adapts splatter-punk Barker's work, translating the author's grand attributes to the screen, if not correcting his own melodramatic artifice. The adaptation has a veneer that is as showy as it's stylish. While its lead characters and inner meaning are as identifiable as it's plain and generic, and its violence is equally as gruesomely horrific as it is suspenseless. A wash of Barker's diabolical poetry.

3. Tiagojeff's rating of the film The Midnight Meat Train

Man, was this bad. Giving it more than one star for the first 30 minutes, I guess.

4. Kelvin Thompson's rating of the film The Midnight Meat Train

It's gory and self-aware enough that it doesn't make for effective suspense/horror, but it's not funny enough to make its stupidity and gore 'enjoyable'. There's an idea in here about an artist who becomes a monster by observing the monster through his art, but it's buried in convoluted nonsense that feels ill-suited to the premise, instead adding dead weight to what should have been a simple, effective movie.

5. dominique s.'s rating of the film The Midnight Meat Train

6. Carl Penguin's rating of the film The Midnight Meat Train

7. wiwitaek's rating of the film The Midnight Meat Train

For the 3/4 part of the movie, for me it's solid 4 but after that, it just decreased to 2. Too bad

8. Natalia Kulewskaya's rating of the film The Midnight Meat Train

9. Laura Lavorato's rating of the film The Midnight Meat Train

Please find a way to allow viewers to give negative scores. I might have needed a -5 for this nonsense.

10. vordven's rating of the film The Midnight Meat Train

11. Catarina C Gomes's rating of the film The Midnight Meat Train

I like this subway underground reptilians theme so much I was all set and ready to love this but... no.

12. Graham Ball's rating of the film The Midnight Meat Train

Another pretty solid horror movie I've recently caught. Loved the over-the-top gore and some of the cinematography was very inventive. Come on... It was a fun splatter-fest! Don't take it too seriously... ;-)

13. Fabio Nosotti's rating of the film The Midnight Meat Train

14. Gabriele Taddei's rating of the film The Midnight Meat Train

When japan cinema meets Clive Barker, maybe to much grand-guignolesque sometimes but at least it's justified

15. jxn's rating of the film The Midnight Meat Train

perfect casting on vinnie jones.

16. pieomy's rating of the film The Midnight Meat Train

17. Edward Buchanan's rating of the film The Midnight Meat Train

Have you seen Kitamura's latest film, No One Lives? The trailer looks great! http://noonelives-movie.co.uk

18. lizle's rating of the film The Midnight Meat Train

This movie could have been so much better. I love Clive Barker, but something got lost in the sauce somewhere.

19. Derek Reilly's rating of the film The Midnight Meat Train

Overrated and underrated at the same time.

20. Marcus Killerby's rating of the film The Midnight Meat Train

Very effective for the most part, but it becomes yet another movie that is ruined by the last 20 minutes. The ending is even more ridiculous than the ending to The Exorcist 3. Some great moments, but completely ruined by an absolutely terrible last act. It is the exact opposite way the story should have ended and pissed me off to no end. 2 stars

21. Mathias Palmberg's rating of the film The Midnight Meat Train

Good horror movie that would have benefitted from cutting down on the gore and upping the psychological dread. Despite some really cheap shots the movie is well put together and features decent performances from the cast. The best bit is that the makers of the film didn't alter the ending from the novel.

22. Steve Pulaski's rating of the film The Midnight Meat Train

Perfect choice casting Vinnie Jones as the killer. Solid horror movie.

23. Anna's rating of the film The Midnight Meat Train

well, i don't know what i was expecting.

24. Daniel S.'s rating of the film The Midnight Meat Train

Above average screenplay, convincing actors and a superior mise-en-scene. Mahogany, the serial killer, is a haunting character. I was hooked. Highly recommended.