1. Sean Patrick Stevens's rating of the film The Milk of Sorrow

The lighting and compositions were amazing but I was lost when it came to the telling of the story.

2. Bonnet Michel's rating of the film The Milk of Sorrow

3. Nachtreich's rating of the film The Milk of Sorrow

4. Daniela's rating of the film The Milk of Sorrow

boring. tries too hard.

5. When the Sun Dies's rating of the film The Milk of Sorrow

My God what a tremendous film. I've seen it two times. Didn't enjoy it the first time (maybe was too young to get into it) but now, I can appreciate all the things this film does right. Every character shines on their own and are memorable; the pacing, while a little slow, always pays off either comedically or dramatically (sometimes even a little bit of both). And hats off to Claudia Llosa. Never stop making cinema.

6. mpho3's rating of the film The Milk of Sorrow

Solier's performance as a young woman stunted by her fear of the past as she's exploited in the present is mesmerizing. Yet as we root for Fausta's empowerment, the film "leaves you wanting to be jolted a bit more, hungry for greater intensity and momentum. The Milk of Sorrow is accomplished but a bit diffuse, something you admire more than you feel in your bones." (Film Journal). Llosa's own restraint binds us. 3.5

7. Lucii Lugo's rating of the film The Milk of Sorrow

Una bizarra historia capturada por una cámara fascinante y acompasada por melodías orgánicas de sublime belleza. Este filme sumamente pausado y metafórico retrata el miedo y el horror que provoca la violencia en un país donde la estratificación social es inconmensurable. Los contrastes entre escenarios y contextos de los personajes es sumamente realista. Una puesta en escena magnífica y una actuación memorable.

8. Raúl Silva Gómez's rating of the film The Milk of Sorrow

La película no logro capturarme y me perdió en su última media hora. Tiene un mensaje digno de comunicarse. Habla sobre la feminidad, la tradición y los contextos sociales; sin embargo nunca me vi interesado en que le pasaba al personaje principal por una distancia que no logro comprender. Quisiera comprenderla, pero la película en la que esta no ayudo. Sería bueno darle una segunda oportunidad.

9. Zepo's rating of the film The Milk of Sorrow

Lo acompasado de su ritmo natural no demerita esta gran historia, la hace más natural. Los sincretismos de la muerte y del matrimonio van paralelos a las escenografías de los pueblos andinos, casi surrealistas. Magnífica forma de tratar temas en estos pueblos latinoamericanos donde las costumbres son temas de estudio

10. Ricardo Corona M's rating of the film The Milk of Sorrow

Excelente la actuación de la hermosísima Magaly Solier. Me gusto lo ambiguo de la historia, abierta a diversas interpretaciones y, por supuesto, la proyección del colorido folklor peruano.

11. Nuno Barros's rating of the film The Milk of Sorrow

Filme sobre a violência da guerra e do medo silencioso que é transmitido de mães para filhos. Filme acerca da cultura do Peru e do seu realismo mágico. E de como os seus mitos e canções funcionam como um processo de cura. E também de como o folclore vai sendo substituído por um gosto Kitsch. Filme com uma excelente performance de Magaly Solier. Lamento o cliché final que transporta o filme para um conto de fadas.

12. dave gunn's rating of the film The Milk of Sorrow

Lots of mesmerizingly odd quirks with this film, but a bit too slow-paced for me. Still a brave film considering the historical context of the plot.

13. Samia's rating of the film The Milk of Sorrow

14. Sin título.'s rating of the film The Milk of Sorrow

Una transición tortuosa por dejar la castración maternal, posee algunos momentos sumamente interesantes donde se coquetea con la femineidad a través de una flor, unos dulces y el inevitable placer de la evasión de la realidad.

15. Griffin Xanto's rating of the film The Milk of Sorrow

16. Malik's rating of the film The Milk of Sorrow

Peruvian cinema is a lot of things, just as Peruvian history is a lot of things. I see no reason that terrorism that has shaped the country in various ones shouldn't be portrayed because it now may be "en vouge" for European poverty fetishes.

17. Zengin N.'s rating of the film The Milk of Sorrow

I had wanted to go this film at İstanbul Film Festival last year but i missed the time. I wasn't worried about ticket but i'm still wondering on it.

18. Alex's rating of the film The Milk of Sorrow

Such an amzing, heart-felt debut, a film that not only explores the horrors of terrorism not only upon women, but upon the soul of a country that has to carry on with their lives, even if the wounds might be hard to heal...

19. CafeGradiva's rating of the film The Milk of Sorrow

20. Lays Laine's rating of the film The Milk of Sorrow

really for to contemplate this beautiful masterpiece, you need a grounding inserted in historical and mythical andida culture. chronicles a social fact in Peru, presents a symbolic richness of a people traditional - without this light, the film loses its sense. therefore, one 'gringo', one foreign, hardly could to understand. is required to go beyond, see from the inside out ...

21. Salvador Amores's rating of the film The Milk of Sorrow

Tries too hard to be culturally significative, or something. Llosa wanted to maked the next great latin-american film and ended up falling very short. The film has its moments, but overall it's a bit messy and uninteresting. Not to mention it seemed like yet another white person's take on indigenous people...

22. Gonçalo Sá's rating of the film The Milk of Sorrow

Simple, honest, subtle and very well shot, if a bit too straightforward and slow.

23. Fernando's rating of the film The Milk of Sorrow

I think this movie is a great set of beautiful images without any sense of cohesion. The script does not lead anywhere, and I'm not saying that it has no apparent message, because many great films do not transmit any messages. The problem is that, after enduring a main character that looks retarded for over an hour, all her adventures and sufferings do not matter at all.

24. Francisco R.'s rating of the film The Milk of Sorrow

I really don't know what to think of Llosa's intentions here, was she trying to make a serious portrait of her country or what?, because the movie itself borders on art-house camp most of the time without anything of value in its mind other than exploiting the hypocrisies of the audience. Still, I'm not saying this is a bad movie, it's just a very disquieting one.