1. Eliecer Gaspar's rating of the film The Milk of Sorrow

Irresponsible and shallow. The film is condescending of the customs of people who were once my neighbors. I sat through it, but it all became especially inexcusable when I considered that Satyajit Ray made films that were faithful to his people without having to descend to arthouse theatrics that have been exhausted to all hell.

2. Reginald Healer Marcellin's rating of the film The Milk of Sorrow

3. Guillermo Padilla's rating of the film The Milk of Sorrow

A pesar de huecos graves en el film la actuación de Magaly Solier y el gran folklor peruano hace de esta una grata pelicula, fácil de seguir y de reviusión necesaria

4. Olivia Reneé Saldívar's rating of the film The Milk of Sorrow

Magaly Solier should act in everything all the time.

5. Ardhi Syaifuddin's rating of the film The Milk of Sorrow

It's just an OK film. But I couldn't take my eyes from Magaly Solier's beauty.

6. Luisa Betancourt's rating of the film The Milk of Sorrow

amazing performance from Magaly Solier

7. ijgamboa's rating of the film The Milk of Sorrow

this is what is going to sell. There you go, post-terrorism and "poor south american living" for european dummies. This is painful to watch. If this is "peruvian cinema" I'd rather be a foreigner.

8. Jose Sarmiento Hinojosa's rating of the film The Milk of Sorrow

Los "aborigenes" peruanos (o ciudadanos como prefiero decirlo yo) no nos sentimos ofendidos. Hubo alguna controversia acerca de la veracidad del film (lo cual esta fuera de cuadro pues como cualquier película, esta es una ficción) pero no más que ello. En todo caso, personalmente prefiero el primer film de Llosa.

9. Anita Laura's rating of the film The Milk of Sorrow

muy buena peli...aunque después leí que los aborigenes peruanos se sintieron ofendidos...:S

10. Henrique Amud's rating of the film The Milk of Sorrow

Not for everyone, this is a slow burning movie that might alienate most people. It is a poetic view on a somewhat bizarre story, it almost feels like a light movie on a big-heavy subject. It could've been a disaster (and I'm pretty sure most people will think it is), but it's direction and editing are great, as are all the leading actors.

11. Enriqe Pizarro's rating of the film The Milk of Sorrow

Here feel a hard atmosphere of sad and silence. This is a very nice film.

12. Den Hughes's rating of the film The Milk of Sorrow

13. Ally the Manic Listmaker's rating of the film The Milk of Sorrow

My guilty pleasure film from this year!

2 Next →