1. Arf's rating of the film The Milky Way

2. Wee Hunk's rating of the film The Milky Way

For me it captured that love/hate relationship that you can have with a religion. You love the stories, the mystery, but there's so much to dislike as well. It's probably the difference between believing in God, and hating the way organized religion perverts the ideas. Because it's all about interpretation. contd.

3. FISCHER's rating of the film The Milky Way

Deux débonnaires vagabonds partent en pèlerinage de Paris à Saint Jacques de Compostelle et vont faire de bien curieuses et révélatrices rencontres dans leurs longues pérégrinations à travers le temps, l'espace et la pernicieuse religion judéo-chrétienne ..... www.cinefiches.com

4. belemir's rating of the film The Milky Way

5. Aardsy's rating of the film The Milky Way

6. luz de topos's rating of the film The Milky Way

weekend/la montaña sagrada. me parece aburrida esta forma de producir relato. incluso me parece falsa la intención y construcción poética para este tipo de casos

7. Mighty Quinn's rating of the film The Milky Way

My review: https://letterboxd.com/dynamitefilms/film/the-milky-way-1969/

8. HSBilly's rating of the film The Milky Way

9. Andrew Miller's rating of the film The Milky Way

I saw this before I read anything about/by Bunuel. I thought: to be this obsessed with dogmatic theism, there must be something about it that speaks to him. I love the film, but it makes me feel very sad.

10. Ferit Karaduman's rating of the film The Milky Way

bitmek tükenmek bilmeyen hıristiyanlık ve tanrı eleştirileri içerisinde ayakları yere basmayan bir film... ilginç bir deneyim...

11. Stefano Pesenti C.'s rating of the film The Milky Way

12. Korhan Kalabalık's rating of the film The Milky Way

Katolik Hıristiyanlık içerisindeki dogmaları net bir biçimde eleştiren, hatta çoğu zaman dalga geçen avangart ve de sürrealist bir yapım. Özellikle polis-peder sahnesi hem tarihsel, hem de dini açıdan çok hoş alegorilerle beslenmiş.

13. Güven Şahinkanat's rating of the film The Milky Way

a movie about dogma with ironic language.When blind men began to see , jesus said people they must not tell this miracle anyone. I think this scene was birth of myth...

14. Dogukan4Ever's rating of the film The Milky Way

15. Duncan Gray's rating of the film The Milky Way

The Milky Way is a very transitional film from Buñuel & screenwriter Carrière, showing the way towards the free-form, fractured narrative approach of Discreet Charm and Phantom of Liberty. But the density of philosophical ideas—about the strange way logic, faith, and carnality fall into uneasy coexistence—is fascinating and delivered cheekily. Not the best place for a newcomer to start, but worth it for acolytes.

16. AdrianM.'s rating of the film The Milky Way

17. Chumlum's rating of the film The Milky Way

Gives me a clean feeling deep inside. Sublime irreverence.

18. Leo Lerena's rating of the film The Milky Way

Creo que sarcásticamente es una de las mejores del autor. No es del agrado de la mayoría y el tema tratado hoy en día se convirtió en algo bastante habitual. Me recuerda —y seguro a muchos más— a la película de Monty Python: La vida de Brian.

19. Tida Wilson's rating of the film The Milky Way

I never knew that a pilgrimage could be this interesting. This is one of Bunuel's anti-religion/anti-establishment film theme that deserves some recognition, that involve dialogues and arguments regarding to a specific Catholic doctrine.

20. Neil Coombs's rating of the film The Milky Way

An amazingly affectionate critique of the madness that is Christian belief.

21. El Biffo's rating of the film The Milky Way

A little bit difficult but worth it if you are a Bunuel fan,

22. teresa romã's rating of the film The Milky Way

Este é um dos maiores filmes de todos os tempos.

23. Harry Rossi's rating of the film The Milky Way

Felt more like a lesson on Catholicism than a Buñuel film. Perhaps I wound have enjoyed it more had I been raised Catholic. But yeah, some good scenes, but overall I didn't really find this film to be particularly entertaining at all. I pretty much agree with what RAMOSBARAJAS wrote below me. No humor, no charm and pretty dry overall. Not bad by any means but I expected a lot more from Buñuel!

24. - Caltiki -'s rating of the film The Milky Way