1. mmassias's rating of the film The Milky Way

2. dorusan's rating of the film The Milky Way

A leap of faith, or a leap into obscurity, mystery and the cult of personality. It is a choice and a freedom.

3. Reynaldo Goulart's rating of the film The Milky Way

4. DrFirestone's rating of the film The Milky Way

A satirical take on Christianity that exposes the absurd of dogmas and rather inevitable conflict when faced with logic and genuine, reasonable faith. The film is a demanding watch, which I can imagine might quickly become a boring nonsense for someone not interested in religion at all. But if you invest some effort, then I'm sure you'll appreciate the dry, intelligent humour and beautiful absurdity of some scenes.

5. polo's rating of the film The Milky Way

beautifully heretical

6. sebastian.blanco's rating of the film The Milky Way

Los diálogos eran una maestría bíblica. Pero en su desarrollo faltó explosión en la historia.

7. Krish sanghvi's rating of the film The Milky Way

If religious (Christian) beliefs and scripture came true, this film is what real life would be like. Belief in Christianity is filled with absurdity.

8. Juan's rating of the film The Milky Way

Sacrílega, blasfema y genial. Increíble el fusilamiento del papa, la profanación del santo rosario... Una crítica despiadada a la religión, la superstición y el dogmatismo, con ingeniosas transiciones.

9. Sin título.'s rating of the film The Milky Way

10. orlando.'s rating of the film The Milky Way

This film really drags since it's parodying a lot of droll ideas abt Catholicism & the relatively insignificant & boring discussion that brings them 2 the forefront. Something abt it isn't clicking w me but maybe one day I'll come back to it & find something that makes it a better film

11. Ralph Melcher's rating of the film The Milky Way

Bunuel’s ‘road movie’ my be his most personal film. It explores the distance between belief, spirituality and dogma, dramatizing the relationships between authority and religion, social class, sex and history. It’s a picaresque journey through landscapes of time and place led by two characters reminiscent of Vladimir and Estragon in ‘Waiting For Godot. It offers one of film’s most humanistic portraits of Christ.

12. koolacct's rating of the film The Milky Way

My favourite (or perhaps, simply one of the more agreeable films) of Buñuel's so far. Pilgrimage and discussion of religious philosophy, framed in a surreal setting more nuanced than his others. Technically, a great example, too, of his skill in directing crowd and large group shots. (Also, a clear inspiration to Raul Ruiz' Love Torn in a Dream, I think)

13. ArkenUltor's rating of the film The Milky Way

Somehow still entertaining even though I was lost throughout the film. I guess you might say the underlying jokes were lost in translation and through the passage of time. That being said, the characters were still interesting and made the film entertaining. The hobos' journey has a certain charm about it that makes it seem less of a struggle for survival and more of just an adventure.

14. the_mentaculus's rating of the film The Milky Way

Heresies, by the master of heresy. This film has my favorite Bunuel gags (the Pope dream sequence "overheard" by a passerby, the insane priest), and a more linear narrative (for Bunuel), connected through the Quixotic modern-day pilgrimage of the bums. A personal favorite. God bless Bunuel.

15. David R Williams's rating of the film The Milky Way

"...daringly deconstructs contemporary and traditional views on Catholicism with ribald, rambunctious surreality."

16. Monkey Flix's rating of the film The Milky Way

A lot of arguing about God. Probably makes sense to the religious. A waste of time for the rest of us.

17. Bonnet Michel's rating of the film The Milky Way

18. Jdsarmientoburgos's rating of the film The Milky Way

I enjoy most Buñuels but find a disconnect with others. This, on the other hand, I did not enjoy at all. I suppose it was an ironic take on Christianity but I found it lacking humor for it to work.

19. Arf's rating of the film The Milky Way

20. Wee Hunk's rating of the film The Milky Way

For me it captured that love/hate relationship that you can have with a religion. You love the stories, the mystery, but there's so much to dislike as well. It's probably the difference between believing in God, and hating the way organized religion perverts the ideas. Because it's all about interpretation. contd.

21. FISCHER's rating of the film The Milky Way

Deux débonnaires vagabonds partent en pèlerinage de Paris à Saint Jacques de Compostelle et vont faire de bien curieuses et révélatrices rencontres dans leurs longues pérégrinations à travers le temps, l'espace et la pernicieuse religion judéo-chrétienne ..... www.cinefiches.com

22. belemir's rating of the film The Milky Way