1. Emily O's rating of the film The Miracle of Morgan's Creek

total war on the body... 65 years before octomom there was trudy kockenlocker.

2. el.'s rating of the film The Miracle of Morgan's Creek

would be more stars if I didn't hate this type of comedy

3. Hugo Poderoso's rating of the film The Miracle of Morgan's Creek

Apart from Sullivan's Travels, I find Morgan's Creek to be the funniest and most satisfactory Sturges.

4. Howard Fritzson's rating of the film The Miracle of Morgan's Creek

I love Diana Lynn. In this film and Billy Wilder's "The Major and the Minor," she became the smartest person on the face of the earth. We need her now.

5. Muraki's rating of the film The Miracle of Morgan's Creek

6. Laurs Kemp's rating of the film The Miracle of Morgan's Creek

a manic slapstick labyrinth of American wartime morality

7. msmichel's rating of the film The Miracle of Morgan's Creek

Dated but fun script almost sunk by the mugging of Eddie Bracken as Norval Jones but saved by great turns from Betty Hutton, Diana Lynn and especially William Demarest who is more than his usual supporting foil here. Risqué for 1944 but topical WWII entertainment.

8. Kian Ross's rating of the film The Miracle of Morgan's Creek

My personal Preston Sturges film. Also my favorite fictional presenation of Hitler.

9. DUTCH's rating of the film The Miracle of Morgan's Creek

Took me years after I first discovered this to get the title or realize who directed it. I do not think you could make this film today with the same sincerity and politeness that is going on in throughout the whole film as this film pulls off the unexpected pregnancy plot very well. I still cannot believe how this movie got made then. Bracken and Hutton are at their best supported by incomparable William Demarest.

10. Adam Suraf's rating of the film The Miracle of Morgan's Creek

"The Lady Eve", "Sullivan's Travels", and "The Palm Beach Story" may be more famous, but this sweet, nutty, code busting small town farce is probably Sturges's funniest film. Bracken, Hutton, and Demarest top an ace cast, and look closely at Sturges's direction, it's as confident as ever, with numerous tricky, stylized tracking shots.

11. Charles Foster Kane's rating of the film The Miracle of Morgan's Creek

Something with a "Z" in it, like "Ratskiwatski." :D

12. Dally's rating of the film The Miracle of Morgan's Creek

Absolutely one of the LOL funniest, sharpest and subversive films ever.

13. Mark_Med's rating of the film The Miracle of Morgan's Creek

OK. This is the first Preston Sturges movie I got to watch...with some friends who weren't even interested or amused! I was rolling on the floor at some of the dialogue....between Trudy and Norvil, and especially anything the younger sister says! Excellent way to start a love affair with Sturges movies!

14. Dave's rating of the film The Miracle of Morgan's Creek

I still can't believe that Sturges got away with so much in this film. Either the censors were complete morons or Sturges and the studio pulled of a miracle. Not Sturges' best, but still a 5/5 film.

15. Brad S.'s rating of the film The Miracle of Morgan's Creek

This is the 1944 version of a raunchy sex comedy. Preston Sturges, always great, really outdoes himself with this perfect storm of comedy styles. Slapstick, rapid fire dialogue, and great character work combine for the funniest movie of the period. Many of the laughs are a direct result of Sturges sneaking content past the censors.

16. Samantha Kate's rating of the film The Miracle of Morgan's Creek

17. OSMOND's rating of the film The Miracle of Morgan's Creek

What a wonderful movie! Academy® Award® Nominee® for® Best® Original® Screenplay®, is itself a masterpiece. A mixture of elements like screwball, slapstick, and pathetic comedy. Between the spontaneous laugh and pitiful situations, Sturges presents the human nature against the law, in a comedy with perfect timing, excellent perfomances and a disrespectful plot. A miracle.