1. chanandre's rating of the film The Miracle Woman

[Cinémathèque PT #522: 35 mm] (2007) -> the birth of Barbara Stanwyck directed by my adored Frank Capra.

2. El Biffo's rating of the film The Miracle Woman

4.5 stars for this early Capra. All the stars in the sky for Barbara Stanwyck, one of the greatest actors in the history of cinema!

3. Brotherdeacon's rating of the film The Miracle Woman

I like this movie a lot. The spills the chills, the con and carny of it--plus the heart-braided love affair. I even like Frank Capra's work and some of the topics he'll investigate more deeply later in his career. But I must rate it against all the great films before sound, and this is reduced to a can of corn. Babs, though lovely, will leap well past this fire, brimstone and tears in future.

4. FISCHER's rating of the film The Miracle Woman

Véritable florilège des maintes thématiques présentes dans les films passés, mais surtout à venir de Frank Capra, cette émouvante comédie mélodramatique fut malencontreusement un étonnant échec commercial. Pour notre part, on retiendra surtout la finesse et la sensibilité qui se dégagent des quelques scènes "ventriloques" qui permirent, ô paradoxe, à un aveugle de se confier... www.cinefiches.com

5. Illusion Travels By Streetcar's rating of the film The Miracle Woman

"Powerful naivete." http://illusionpodcast.blogspot.com/2014/11/episode-38-frank-caprabarbara-stanwyck.html

6. msmichel's rating of the film The Miracle Woman

Early Barbara Stanwyck gem from Frank Capra regarding faith hucksters, consequences and the power of belief. Quite cynical for a thirties drama the term Capraesque doesn't apply here. Stanwyck commands the screen playing both complicit and yearning with equal measure. Well shot and robustly directed with a very memorable fire sequence late n the film.

7. Daniel S.'s rating of the film The Miracle Woman

***1/2. A beautiful preacher haranguing the crowd from a cage of lions while a blind young man is religiously listening to her. A peplum is it? No, it's 1930, we are in the USA and Frank -Nero- Capra is directing. This kind of film makes me love cinema even more. Recommended.

8. Joseph Judge's rating of the film The Miracle Woman

Stanwyck is so good in this (but how often does one NOT say that about her in anything?).