1. josh's rating of the film The Mirror

This movie is a trip.

2. wu.meaningless's rating of the film The Mirror

Everytime I watch a Jafar Panahi film it becomes my new favorite film. The protaganist is a brave little girl who's attempt to escape her duty to perform becomes the ultimate performance. Her spirit of freedom blasts away all western islamaphobic propagandanda.

3. El Biffo's rating of the film The Mirror

4. DSPRKY's rating of the film The Mirror

A good companion piece to some of Kiarostami's work, and a compelling entry in a long line of thought-provoking Persian films.

5. NCMBianchi's rating of the film The Mirror

This movie by Panahi is a great example for the never-ending and ever-centering discussion regarding whether a documentary should not only be absolutely truthful and un-staged, but not even seem faked: this film shows how you can try to avoid focusing on such matter as there is no historic attempt in the storytelling, and emotions are real whether staged or lived.

6. Andrew Miller's rating of the film The Mirror

Exquisite document of refusal: like Bartleby, she would prefer not to.

7. Royce Jr.'s rating of the film The Mirror

8. Lynch/Fellini's rating of the film The Mirror

Just damn! This notorious movie exceeded my high expectations and is as reflective on what it means to be a movie as it is about the state of Iran as a nation. Simply, brilliant!

9. Bonnet Michel's rating of the film The Mirror

10. Güven Şahinkanat's rating of the film The Mirror

this is a great movie. it is questioning the reality which inside cinema . After she gave up acting she starts to search way of her house ,streets ... She is searching his way in cinema at the same time in reality ... this movie is a reflection of reality .with the director's statement ; mirror.

11. sputnixed's rating of the film The Mirror

so in love with mina, so in love with the movie.

12. CarlosEsquives's rating of the film The Mirror

El quiebre de cómo una pequeña actríz que se subleva invita a la reflexión sobre los límites entre la ficción y la realidad. ¿Qué era lo que veíamos en realidad? Obviamente, todo lo referente al cine es ficción, pero, cómo no cuestionarlo cuando la actriz (ya no la personaje) afirma que ya no está dentro de la ficción, y que lo que era la trama, era en realidad su vida misma. Panahi saca provecho de este boicot.

13. Lights in the Dusk's rating of the film The Mirror

The film is a huge cheat and as such felt inauthentic; just a second-hand deconstruction in the same tradition of masters Makhmalbaf and Kiarostami. The little girl is hugely charismatic and carries the film (more so during the conventional first half), but the concept is flimsy. It's entertaining and says a lot about responsibility, community and personal freedom, but for me never became more than just academic.

14. Cole Caudle's rating of the film The Mirror

Neorealism + metafiction = genius.

15. Ginny's rating of the film The Mirror

Yet another quietly beautiful film from Iran. The whole thing is wonderfully understated, and the girl playing the main character is fantastic.

16. JD Burt's rating of the film The Mirror

This was a true discovery for me. This along with Kiarostami's Close-Up and Makhmalbaf's Moment of Innocence are some of the most amazing films to come out of Iran.

17. J. Pomp's rating of the film The Mirror

An interesting enough concept intellectually, but after Panahi reveals the gimmick (that the girl is being filmed by him as part of a movie within the movie), it becomes nothing more than cinematic rambling. As the film swerves between the girl looking for her mom and the filmmakers looking for the girl to get her back on set, the meta-ness of it all feels less profound than cutesy

18. Zeppo's rating of the film The Mirror

Jafar Panahi never disappoints.

19. Hani's rating of the film The Mirror

As long there is editing, there is nothing called breaking the 4th wall. The rebellion against being filmed has been co-opted and appropriated for the film. For those who say the film is "seen from the point of view of a little girl", are you serious?! I loved the film and enjoyed it as a film about synchronizing and appropriating the out-takes into the film itself. The little girl is lovely too. 4/5 Panahi.

20. Earth's Impossible Day's rating of the film The Mirror

Incredible! One of the best films about film I've seen. Thinking about Panahi's imprisonment makes me wanna cry like Juliette Binoche.

21. Bayuyab's rating of the film The Mirror

jafar panahi is a genius!

22. Sudipto Basu's rating of the film The Mirror

Regardless of whether the break was scripted or real, there's something in Panahi's work that attracts me. He's revising his own methods of getting at truth over and over again - a quality which shines through especially in This Is Not A Film.

23. Ari Ernesto MamaYukero's rating of the film The Mirror

24. Fabio Espejo's rating of the film The Mirror

This movie makes me think casuality as a strange spiral ficction. Tehran reminds me of Bogotá when I was too a kid.